MembersZone Subscriber

Default Video Training and Lessons Learned From Others Mistakes

Hello All,
    If you need some great video footage of training and firefighter mishap videos, check out www.hamptonsfire.blogspot.com -

There is a large collection of training video footage, as well as the largest collection of mishap videos on one site. Hopefully we can all learn from watching these. I find them to be very valuable tools for training as well.

Be Safe!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey engine I just wanted to say thanks for the link i'm always looking for live footage to learn from or just watch while i'm wainting on calls to come in thanks.

Forum Member

Thanks!!!!!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

No problem, That is what it is there for. If you see any videos I don't have send them in thru the main page of my site or drop me a note here. Much appreciated.

Engine 139
    hamptonsfire.blogspot.com

Forum Member

Has anyone figured out how to download vids from youtube? The links are all great but we don't have highspeed at the firehall and I'd love to be able to take a lot of these to the hall for training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haweater View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to download vids from youtube? The links are all great but we don't have highspeed at the firehall and I'd love to be able to take a lot of these to the hall for training.
    Shoot me a PM, I would be glad to help. Probably wont be able to get to it tonight, but I can help you out.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

also check out VentEnterSearch.com. I would also like to figure out hoe to use youtube videos as well if anyone has any information thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

do a search for 'convert youtube video to mpeg' - it is pretty tough to figure out. You need a converter program, then another to convert it to a normal video file...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by engine139 View Post
    do a search for 'convert youtube video to mpeg' - it is pretty tough to figure out. You need a converter program, then another to convert it to a normal video file...
    Is there any easier way to do it? Do you and your website get them as youtube videos or do you put them on there?

There needs to be a site out there like yours where the videos aren't from youtube so that we can download and use them for training otherwise they are just something nice to look at over the internet.
    Last edited by GFDLT1; 03-22-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFDLT1 View Post
    Is there any easier way to do it? Do you and your website get them as youtube videos or do you put them on there?

There needs to be a site out there like yours where the videos aren't from youtube so that we can download and use them for training otherwise they are just something nice to look at over the internet.
    A lot of web sites are done this way because people can't house that volume of files for frequent download. Many hosts have limits on the amount of data stored, downloaded and uploaded. Given the size of these movies, for one person to have them for all of us to download could be pricey. How's about firehouse.com housing all of these good vids?

FIGJAM

Quote Originally Posted by Haweater View Post
    I use this great little tool called YouTube Grabber. Put in the URL and click Grab. Can be watched with Windows Media Player, no conversions required...
    http://www.download.com/Youtube-Grab...-10574801.html
    Luke

Thread Information