Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Check out our new forcible entry training prop.

Made in about four hours costing a total of about $300 in materials. It can be forced as an inward or outward swinging door. It can mount several different door sizes and types. Now that it's finished it will be mounted permanatley into the concrete.

Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by BKDRAFT; 03-19-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Forum Member

Looks good. Can we see the other side as well? What did you use to make it and how? I have 3 doors out in my driveway right now that I would love to make into a forcible entry prop that I can tote around to departments I teach at.

Where's the pic?????/
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Great prop.....except it has B SHIFT on it....
    lol
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Looks good.

Kinda looks like my bedroom door from college.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Nice. How do you keep the door closed for forcing though?

We started something like that and added a Power Jamb for reuse. We then decided to go with something more portable.

Nice setup though.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by GFDLT1 View Post
    Looks good. Can we see the other side as well? What did you use to make it and how? I have 3 doors out in my driveway right now that I would love to make into a forcible entry prop that I can tote around to departments I teach at.

I just started my four day so I will have to get you the dimensions when I am back to work Monday. We used U channel steel and mig welded everything together. I believe our bottom base plate is a 4'x4' quarter inch thick steel plate. This set up is heavy duty and not portable.

I'll take another picture from the other side monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Nice. How do you keep the door closed for forcing though?

We started something like that and added a Power Jamb for reuse. We then decided to go with something more portable.

Nice setup though.

We have steel locks that we built. I'll take a picture of them and post them Monday. It is setup so you can mount multiple locks in many different height variations on the frame/door.

Our jamb is also steel that we tac welded every few inches. So far it is holding up really well. We have already forced about 20 doors on this prop. If the jamb does need to be replaced we can just grind the tacs and put a new jamb in there without a problem.

My puter at work must be all jacked up........... Picture isn't showing up for me here......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Blame it on the computer 77....sure it ain't you?

Quote Originally Posted by firetruckred View Post
    Blame it on the computer 77....sure it ain't you?
    Maybe it is me........ Can you come help me???

Yes, the computer at work was jacked up. I see the pic now.......

I would be very interested in getting the info on how it was built.....
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Looks like a pretty nice setup. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
    The opinions I post to these forums do not represent any entity to which I am affiliated.

Lightbulb Here are some more pictures.

Alright here are some more pictures. Let me know if you have any more questions I would love to help anyone build this prop.

Here is the jamb tac welded every few inches to the frame. We can replace the jamb simply by grinding the welds if it gets damaged.

Obviousley this door has been forced several times.

Our jamb doesn't go all the way to the top or bottom. This is because of money reasons and we figured we would force the door from three locking points. One located towards the top, bottom, and middle.

These were the largest hinges we could find around our city. We wanted hinges with several holes so it gives you the ability to mount as many door sizes as possible.

We tac welded the hinges to the frame. If they bend or break we can simply replace them.

These are the holes in which we attach our locks to the frame and door.

These are the locks we made. We put four self tapping screws into the door and four of them into the frame. The lock is very secure and strong. If you would like to make it even more secure you can mount multiple locks. We made four of these locks.

The door in these pictures was extremley large so we had to cut it down. It was free and we figured we could still get some good forces out of it which we did. We put the cut side on the hinge side to minimize losing the structural integrity of the door.

All of the other doors we have used we have been able to get about three forces on them. Each side we will force a lock mounted low, then in the middle, and finally one mounted high. After that we flip the door around so that the foced side is now the hinge side. You can get about 6 forces out of a metal door. We could only get one force out of the wooden doors.

Forum Member

Building one of these has been in our planning stages for a little while. Yours doesn't look much different than what we imagine ours to be (someday). Can you post the dimensions and steel type and size etc.? You guys did a good job.
    Also, did you have someone in the dept. who welded it or did you have it paid to be done?

Default Forcible Entry Prop built by NYC Firefighter - Used at FDNY Probie School

The Multi-Force Forcible Entry Door System by Firehouse Innovations just launched their website. Based on Long Island and created by a 28 Year Veteran FDNY Firefighter from L-175, the door is being used right now at "The Rock" on Randalls Island (FDNY Training Academy).

VIDEO: http://www.firehouseinnovations.com/video/WebVideo2.mpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information