Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Bad vibration at idle

Back in Nov 2007, we took delivery of a 2007 Pierce Enforcer Rescue / Pumper with a 400 HP Cummins ISL. The unit had a bad vibration at idle which Pierce recommended we take it to a Cummins Dealer to have the idle adjusted.

We did that and the idle really couldn't be adjusted up any. We then kicked it back to Pierce and they worked on it for a while. We also have a 2006 Contender 400 HP ISL which idles very smooth.

Recently, Pierce dispatched service techs from our Pierce dealer to our station to change the front engine mounts to a new design. WOW did this make a huge difference. Now you can't even tell the truck is running it is idling so smooth.

Supposedly, Pierce doesn't have this problem on Enforcer's with extended front bumpers. It seems to only happen on a unit that does not extend the bumper. If you have a bad vibration at idle on your unit, perhaps you should bring it to the attention of Pierce and hopefully your fix will be as simple as ours. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by erbvfc15 View Post
    Back in Nov 2007, we took delivery of a 2007 Pierce Enforcer Rescue / Pumper with a 400 HP Cummins ISL.
    Wow - advice from the future. Can you tell us how to play the stock market in Nov 2007 as well?

Forum Member

I am glad that Pierce took care of your problem so efficiently. Solo, as for the market; invest in oil,gold, silver and medical but don't blame me if the market falls in those areas. Gee, maybe I should compete with EF Hutton.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by erbvfc15 View Post
    Back in Nov 2007, we took delivery of a 2007 Pierce Enforcer Rescue / Pumper with a 400 HP Cummins ISL. The unit had a bad vibration at idle which Pierce recommended we take it to a Cummins Dealer to have the idle adjusted.

We did that and the idle really couldn't be adjusted up any. We then kicked it back to Pierce and they worked on it for a while. We also have a 2006 Contender 400 HP ISL which idles very smooth.

Recently, Pierce dispatched service techs from our Pierce dealer to our station to change the front engine mounts to a new design. WOW did this make a huge difference. Now you can't even tell the truck is running it is idling so smooth.

Supposedly, Pierce doesn't have this problem on Enforcer's with extended front bumpers. It seems to only happen on a unit that does not extend the bumper. If you have a bad vibration at idle on your unit, perhaps you should bring it to the attention of Pierce and hopefully your fix will be as simple as ours. Good luck.
    ERBVFC15:

I had a couple of questions about the vibration issue you had with your engine. We are having the same problem with the last engine we purchased and are curerently under construction on 2 more. We would like to remedy the problem and are curiose if you have any further information. What I am looking for specifically is the truck job #, and your local dealer or Pierce rep? We are running dash chassiss with Detroit 60's @515hp. We are struggling with backing the apparatus due to shakey mirrors. Additonally if you have any information on the motor mount types used, or durometer of them that would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to email me direct my email is jhebrew@erfpd.org. Thanks for passing along the great information, it should come in very handy for us.

Thread Information