Forum Member

Thumbs up FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest

The "Fighting 6019" will be having a rally on March 25th at Union Square, 12 noon.

Tell your family, friends, firefighters, everyone......

This test affects everyone and on the 25th we shall make it known. Bring banners and lets let the world know that this test was UNFAIR!

For more information, go to www.fighting6019.com or email us at protestfdny6019@gmail.com

Stay strong,

-Fighting 6019

Forum Member

Default yo

the test will not get thrown out. and if it does there will not be another test made up for a long time. with all this goin on we are going to be know as the cry baby class of 6019 lol.

Forum Member

i for one dont want it thrown out even if it was easy, bc the people who did better on this test will do better on a harder one as well. plus if this test gets thrown out we are all screwed bc there will not be another test for a very long time. so for anyone who is 29 they are done.

Forum Member

Fighting 6019 members and supporters,

Tomorrow will be the much anticipated protest rally. Support has been pouring in from everywhere. Dozens and dozens of FDNY firehouses have been visited throughout the 5 boroughs and many have committed to attend. Many individuals including private citizens, firefighters(retired and active) and members of the media have committed to attend.

At the rally tomorrow we will state our complaints with the examination. We will hand out sample exam question sheets of the highly subjective questions to further prove the absolute ridiculousness of the exam.

We will hand out our Official Declaration of Protest against the entire exam and read it to the public. We will distribute candidate's and private citizen's protest affirmation sheets that will allow any person to enter a formal protest against the examination in unity with FIGHTING 6019.

We will continuously state and restate how diverse we are in every way. We wish to make it clear that this exam hurt all candidates and that no ethnic group or any group for that matter did any better than another.

We will then issue a public challenge to ALL fraternal organizations, firefighter's unions and politicians to stand united with us. We have informed as many of the fraternal organizations as possible as well as the unions and politicians of our challenge for them. We are hoping that our diversity will incite the organizations to put aside their differences and unite and work together for this common goal. Every organization contacted is very unhappy with this test and like us, wants it thrown out.

We have also had a change in the way things work on our end. From now on, no individual from within FIGHTING 6019 will be addressing all members of the protestfdny6019@gmail.com list as an individual. We as the protest group leaders speak with one voice. You as a member will now only be receiving factual updates that have been approved by multiple members.

We are still actively seeking motivated individuals who want to join us on the front lines of this battle. You will see most of us for the first time tomorrow and we look forward to meeting all of you.

Please keep checking www.fighting6019.com on a daily basis. We are working hard to add new content and keep you updated.

Have a great night, we will see you tomorrow at 12 Noon in Union Square Park. Your dissatisfaction with exam # 6019 will be felt tomorrow. BRING A PEN!!!

-Stay Strong

Forum Member

Talking

Funny. Just chill out and take the next test dudes.
    Last edited by Mega456; 04-20-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Forum Member

Default haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mega456 View Post
    If you failed that easy test, you would get killed on the job just for being so dum. Go join NYPD, they will take any dummy right now.
    i agree... not only are you dumb but a whiner as well. can't think of a worse combination for the fire service.

Forum Member

If you failed that easy test, you would get killed on the job just for being so dum. Go join NYPD, they will take any dummy right now.

HAH! You spelled dumb wrong. See you at the NYPD!
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    HAH! You spelled dumb wrong. See you at the NYPD!
    He can call the Dummy Hotline at 1-800-IAM-DUMB
    (1-800-426-3862) to make his appointment!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats on joining the police force. Saying someone is dumb or " dum " just b/c they failed a test doesn't mean they would get killed on the job...

MembersZone Subscriber

EDIT - Couldn't even remember why I posted on this thread. Until I clicked on the link above fighting6019.com......It doesn't work. Website is no longer working.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 01-07-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Forum Member

ha wow i jsut came across this thread... why woud you protest something 30000 people took lol they all took the same test lol

Forum Member

Think its sad people are protesting this list especially because i got a good score..i dont think the test was made 'racist'...fire doesnt see race ,best man for the job im down to protest against the people protesting

Forum Member

i agree its sad..if they would have put as much time studyng the books they have on the test ,as they are protesting they would have gotten a better score

Forum Member

it was not unfair, whats unfair is the idiots protesting.!

Forum Member

What's dumb is re-opening a three year-old thread.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    What's dumb is re-opening a three year-old thread.

What is sadder is that he re open a dead thread, but that was his first three posts!!!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

how is it a dead issue it was just in the paper ?so read the paper the daily news two days ago , then say its sad i brought it up.

Forum Member

Is this the alleged racially biased test? I still don't understand what the big deal is. If you passed you passed, if you failed you should have studied harder... Is there something I'm missing here?

Thread Information