Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Is Toledo going to hire more people to run those ambulances or are they simply going to take staff off the existing companies to run them?
    You're not from around here, so you wouldn't know. That sentence is kind of a joke within itself. Toledo has a running deficit and is cutting back all over the place. Last I heard they were making the police chief (does he even have any FF or EMT certifications?) the fire chief as well since the former fire chief left to try to find a job at a bigger city.

I do find this interesting that Toledo would want to try to take this on with their increasing deficit and the situation with looking to make cuts.

Forum Member

Last edited by backsteprescue123; 09-17-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Last I heard, the "safety chief" idea was losing support......................I hope so at least
    That's a surprise...

Forum Member

It's just another example shoing Carty doesnt know how to run a city...and he duped the residents again...sad sad sad

Forum Member

Oops. Didn't want to hijack. I'll go start a new thread... if it'll let me.
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 03-31-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Last edited by backsteprescue123; 09-17-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

I take everything I hear at work with a grain, no make that a ton of salt. Until it comes out in the form of a department memo or order, I don't hold my breath.

As for the BLS transports, they may or may not generate money...only time will tell. We are losing two companies through all of this, Heavy Squads 1 and 7 will be decomissioned. That means other companies will be picking up the over 9,000 combined runs those two units did. We already have some of the busiest fire companies in the country. Without Squad 1, theroretically Engine 5 could go from doing 3,700 runs to in excess of 7,000 runs per year. Most of our companies are running in the 3,000 range as it is and losing the squads will only add to their runs. Plus now we will lose a squad on a fire alarm so that means that an additional engine or truck will now be sent, so it will create larger holes in our coverage, or they may decide not to replace those units on the response and we will have less firefighters operating...which will lead to more addtional alarm fires. This just keeps going on and on...

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Ok I got to say it lol. Holy Toledo I'm curious to see how this works out because our fire dept is or was looking at taking over ALS In the city. Many years ago they ran the ambulance in the city and over time the county took it over. So now the city was looking at maybe trying to take it back over. All our FF's are at minimum first responder but the last 4 or 5 academy's have been raised to the EMT level. So out of about 400 FFs we have about a 150 EMT's. and a handful of paramedics. There are mixed feelings about the rumored change. Personaly I wish they would stock the engines and quints with the equipment to work at the EMT level and when EMS gets on scene let them have the patient. Ok i've babbled enough keep us posted about how it works out.

Thread Information