Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Favorite/ Least Favorite Moment

What was/is your most favorite moment/memory you have during your FF1 and FF2 training, and also, what did you not like doing in FF1 and 2?

300 foot hose drag was uhmm. yeah.. it was a pain.. but good in the same sense as it showed me that i could do just about anything if i put my mind to it...

-Damien

MembersZone Subscriber

Advancing 2 1/2" up the tower flowing water. It was fun but probably the hardest thing we had to do. Especially the first time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2/12

Advancing A 2 1/2 2 People On Line Both On Knees For A Garage Attack At The World Famous Florida State Fire College

Im surprised no one has said anything about the dummy rescue on a 35 foot ladder...

Quote Originally Posted by almsfan21 View Post
    Im surprised no one has said anything about the dummy rescue on a 35 foot ladder...
    You just did!!

Forum Member

Volunteer departments don't really have probie school.Mine in Kentucky gave us 20 hours of in house training and lots of OJT while keeping an eye on us and making sure that we took state required courses at area and state fire schools for certification.When we reached 150 hours,we traded in the blue helmet for a red one and could do more entries than before.
    We all had to take Firefighter Survival and Rescue and three weeks before I took my class,I was injured during a robbery at work.(Don't jump onto the getaway car to stop them.It doesn't work and DON'T try it at home,either.)
    No broken bones but I had a few scrapes that were still healing and limited my overhead arm movement.
    I still went through the training but was popping acetomeniphen(sp)every time we took a break.I figured,"If I really need this training,I might not be unhurt.This will help me know I CAN perform while in pain".
    The worst really came when it was my turn to be the "victim"to be removed from the training house by ropes,and the headfirst window escape put a lot of aching in that shoulder.
    Or maybe the worst part was everytime we did an evolution,the instructors would ask,in front of the class,if I felt like doing it.
    It's a toss up on that.

Forum Member

Being 6'5 and 250lbs, I would have to say that I had a less than fun time crawling around the maze and crawling through 24" tubes. Confined space rescue is also right up there.

Default Training Moments

My least favorite:
    Watching all my class-mates go through the hot house while I had to wait outside because my custom-made PPE hadn't arrived (Too big and too tall for stuff in stock).

My most favorite moment:
    After my PPE's had finally arrived, going into a burning room for the first time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Running laps and stairs in full bunker gear...yeah that would be my least favorite. Best was today,burn building evolutions.

Forum Member

Default easy

today we did the tunnel crawl at FCTI (end of my first week) and it was horrible. The worst thing i ever experienced but did it 3 times with bunkers on for 1. Towers and hose drags I dont mind. Confined space however blows.

Forum Member

I just finished my Fire 1 and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. My favorite memory was climbing the 35 foot ladder and then doing the search and rescue. I am terrffied of hieghts but my team was awesome and really helped me out. Also the live burn was amzaing and I never had so much fun in my class as when we were at the live burn.

Getting my 6'0" 315lb partner out of a room by myself. (that weight is not including grea or SCBA)

PS, Im not a big guy.

Than again, FFII isn't done for me for another 2 1/2 months, so...
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

Definately the hose classes,Ladders(walked around the buildings a few times with full Turnouts with SCBA on with the ladders on a shoulders a few time,nice warm day too.

Best Part. By far the Live Fire Training Days. Always fun
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information