Thread: Cpat News

Forum Member

Exclamation Cpat News

I donít know who is aware of this or not but I got some very interesting news concerning CPAT this evening. Apparently the price has risen to the $150.00 range but not without some improvements. Per my source, CPAT will now consist of two mandatory orientation sessions in which the test can be practiced before the final administration. However, if you successfully complete the test during the first or second practice, you become certified and your certificate is mailed to you. If not, you can come back and try once more at the final without the hassle of reregistering or additional fees. Three attempts, one fee, all prescheduled! What do you all think?
    Last edited by fireguy121; 03-28-2007 at 02:44 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Fireguy, yep, it's not really secret, that's the way it's going to be done now. You can pass on either one of the two "pre-tests", but the rules still specify that the temp must be above 45 degrees, even though they may run a pre-test session before it gets above 45 (doesn't apply for the final session, they still won't start it the temp gets up). They're adding a lot more folks to cover each of the sessions also, part of the need for the higher cost. Hope that helps....

Forum Member

i think it kinda sucks how they are doing it... i didnt think that the orientations were mandatory... i am taking it the 28th and the way i read the paperwork was that as long as you sign the form saying that you didnt want to go to the orientation then you would be all set. i dunno, i hope thats not the case because i have not gone to my orientations cause i have taken it and passed it the last 2 years...

MembersZone Subscriber

As long as you sign-off that you acknowledge that you are not attending, you'll be fine... You can show up at the first practice without having done the orientations if that is what you so choose, again, as long as you sign-off.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCT View Post
    As long as you sign-off that you acknowledge that you are not attending, you'll be fine... You can show up at the first practice without having done the orientations if that is what you so choose, again, as long as you sign-off.
    alright... thanks!!! just wanted to double check i guess...

MembersZone Subscriber

I've got a CPAt style vest for sale and I'm in CT . 50 pounds plus the 12.5 pound shoulder weights. Vest is either Large or XL.

$200.00 Firm RobPick10@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy121 View Post
    I donít know who is aware of this or not but I got some very interesting news concerning CPAT this evening. Apparently the price has risen to the $150.00 range but not without some improvements. Per my source, CPAT will now consist of two mandatory orientation sessions in which the test can be practiced before the final administration. However, if you successfully complete the test during the first or second practice, you become certified and your certificate is mailed to you. If not, you can come back and try once more at the final without the hassle of reregistering or additional fees. Three attempts, one fee, all prescheduled! What do you all think?
    The only thing mandatory is the final test itself. Nothing else.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scotts48 View Post
    The only thing mandatory is the final test itself. Nothing else.
    very good......thank you for the clarification

Thread Information