Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb gear training and cardio workout ideas

I do a lot of cardio workouts well its more like a circuit training but it works. Everything i do is in my gear, im looking for some new ideas other than what i do now. Right now i pull a sled with a rubber bottom on it with 50 lbs. in it back and fourth our parking lot at the station walk forward 8 times and backwards twice with pushups in between each set. the two sprints at the end. I also run up and down our training tower 12 times with 15 sledge hammer swings between sets. theres a couple more but you get the idea. If anyone has any sugestions for some new ones let me know I would appreciate it.

Captain Mike

Quote Originally Posted by cottrellmcfd41 View Post
    I do a lot of cardio workouts well its more like a circuit training but it works. Everything i do is in my gear, im looking for some new ideas other than what i do now. Right now i pull a sled with a rubber bottom on it with 50 lbs. in it back and fourth our parking lot at the station walk forward 8 times and backwards twice with pushups in between each set. the two sprints at the end. I also run up and down our training tower 12 times with 15 sledge hammer swings between sets. theres a couple more but you get the idea. If anyone has any sugestions for some new ones let me know I would appreciate it.
    I love your mentality and approach to training. You might be interested in my STS article on Firehouse.Com. Here's the link.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...Id=11&id=53924

I'm also the Fire Rescue Advisor for the American Kettlebell Club. When used with proper technique (vital), kettlebell training is unsurpassed as a tool to prepare you for the job. Another upcoming article will describe in detail. Contact me directly if you're interested.
    Last edited by bravesst; 03-29-2007 at 06:23 AM. Reason: additional info
    Michael Stefano
    Author of The Firefighter's Workout Book
    www.firefightersworkout.com

Forum Member

So cottrellmcfd41, are you training for a Firefighters Combat Challenge. The things you are doing seem to mimic some of the evolutions in the challenge.

www.firefighter-challenge.com
    www.firefit.com

Thread Information