Thread: Klaxon?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Klaxon?

So I am looking for a Klaxon type speaker for our in station alert system. We use a minitor 3 with amp. charger that just has a normal stereo speaker on it now. Does anyone know where I could find a Klaxon type speaker that can produce a tone or tones and be understandable when the dispatcher says the alarm. Thanks a lot

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Really what I'm looking for is some way to hook the speaker / horn up to an acc. port on the amplified charger. Maybe ever a specific url and model of a relay that can be hooked up to it. I'm very new on this but looking for a way to upgrade the alerting system for the best bang for the buck

Forum Member

we have just a regular speaker attached to the speaker port on the amp...then we bought a bell gong off ebay and hooked it into the acc. port. if you search for minitor on ebay you will find all kinds of stuff for the acc port...a bell gong, bed shaker, strobe light...

Forum Member

I really donít think that you need to be trying to attach some into you alert system. You may not know exactly what you are doing and attach something with the wrong amps or wattage and screw up the entire system or burn it up. I think that I would get a technician that is familiar with this alarm system function to do any work or additional speakers to this. You may screw something up that you canít eat or unable to pay for!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I think you are a little over cautious. Anyone can make a speaker and put it on a standard 1/8 plug and plug it in to the speaker jack. The alerting items, strobes/bells/klaxons, are simple plug and play. You plug the item into the back of the amp and it works. You dont have to be a technician to do everything.

Forum Member

Talking

Go for it dude, what do you have to loose but your job if you screw it up.

Forum Member

The point is these items are MADE for the Minitor III/IV amps. They are designed and built to be plugged in to offer additional alerting capabilities to these amps. Electricity and electronics are not hard, and to add these items are so easy a caveman could do it. (and i wish I could find that pic of the caveman in turnout gear.)

Forum Member

CHILL OUT PEOPLE!!!

First of all, I can assure you that Tom (FireDawgEMT22) will not lose his job.

Secondly, it is a pager. He is not trying to replace the flux capacitor for the spark plugs on the diesel engine on our ladder truck.

Gump,

I guess these guys would freak if they saw say, Matt's or Pokey's POV's, since they are not Mr. Goodwrench they cannot work on vehicles. I better not change my oil anymore either! Hey, that gives me a good idea, ask Matt what he thinks about plugging the bell into the pager and get back to us.......................wait a second, I'll save you the hassle, he put it in. lol

Yes ladies and gentlemen, a certified Residential and Commercial Electrician/FF/EMT-B put in the bell at our station.

I'm just busting balls here people. If you feel that you aren't qualified enough or aren't comfortable with attaching anything to your electronic equipment, I am not here to tell you otherwise.

At many departments, ours included, members with a job or experience in a particular area tend to help with maintence, etc. Arrowstiks and lightbar need repair...........204 and/or Matt.......pretty much anything around the station needs fixed or put up............call 204 and/or Matt. New lights in our meeting room, projector, computer, dvd player, stereo, vcr, surround sound, THE BELL, apparatus bay heaters.......all of those things mentioned are fixed, repaired, set up, installed, etc by FD personnel MOST OF THE TIME. Sure there are certain things that require more in depth training, but we have people trained in some of those certain areas as well.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Hey Jake dont forget to add me to that maint list now. And secondly, I agree, if you dont feel comfortable get someone who knows what they are doing. My only point is you got an amp with 1 hole in the back for accessories, and you have an accessory made for that amp, no need to be a tech to hook it up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireDawgEMT22 View Post
    Hey Jake dont forget to add me to that maint list now.
    Please accept my apologies...
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

I'll think about it

Thread Information