Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Where should I test? Tell me what you think

Hey guys.. well I heard back from two departments, two departments that are on the top of my list and I would love to work for. Problem is, both of their written exams are on the same day (next Tuesday). One department is a big city department, while the other is medium. The big city department is doing it's standard process and then hiring, whereas the medium one has a process and it's for pre-screening only, however not many people apply and they give the written test everyday of the week, and the lady from HR told me they were available to give the test any day and any time. Now, which would one be best to apply with??? Of course I can re-schedule one or the other but I thought I'd ask to see where I'd have a better shot.. should I go with the pre-screening process and hopefully get hired, or do the big city one?

Forum Member

ummm do both?

I fyou can reschedule one do it and test for both. Never know which one will work out and if one does and the other doesn't you still might have a job. Always apply and take as many test as you can. It is a tough job to get into and the more you try the better. So both.
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Re-schedule the big city and take the pre-screening. It will weed out some of the competition for the next step in the hiring process,(unless you get weeded....lol)

Opinions are like butt holes, everybody's got one ! ! !
    http://www.nashfire.org
    Last edited by Tnfiremedic; 03-30-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Forum Member

Hey guys.. one other question.. when a department is doing a "pre-screening" process for future openings, how exactly does that work? I know they have a written, agility, interview, and medical examinations, and then your placed on a hiring list for when positions come available. My friend had applied with them and he got a letter stating the Chief selected other candidates for the positions. So.. they must be hiring constantly maybe?? I know you can schedule whenever you want to take the test.. lady at HR told me they have no people taking the test in the near future so....? maybe a chance?

Forum Member

Hey guys.. one other question.. when a department is doing a "pre-screening" process for future openings, how exactly does that work? I know they have a written, agility, interview, and medical examinations, and then your placed on a hiring list for when positions come available. My friend had applied with them and he got a letter stating the Chief selected other candidates for the positions. So.. they must be hiring constantly maybe?? I know you can schedule whenever you want to take the test.. lady at HR told me they have no people taking the test in the near future so....? maybe a chance?

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Unhappy

Not sure any dept will take you with a seizure history.

Thread Information