MembersZone Subscriber

Default Kinman rescue tool

Looking for information on the Kinman Rescue tool and who a distributer is in the Western NY area. We like the concept of cutter spreader combination. Also the 12 volt electric driven pump. Our local company has one of these and they love it. Unforunately they can't provide me with a sales person or company for it. We would like this so we can take it back into the woods for oil country acidents on a four wheeler and a couple of portable batteries. I have done a search for this and the website that comes up sends me off everywhere but.

Thanks and good luck 2007 Grant period. 3 for 5
    The Chief

Forum Member

I got a letter from the man who was the maker of the tool a year or so ago that said he was retiring. From what I understood the tool would no longer be made. We ran the tool for years and it did a good job for our department. We still keep it on the truck as a backup.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

There were a few battery operated rescue tools around the show floor when I was at FH World in February. I know Holmatro has the combi with the Dewalt tool batteries, and there were some other smaller outfits there that had them. If you go to the Events menu at the top of the page it should link you into the vendor listing. Or if you go check out FDIC's web site it has a searchable vendor section where you can get web site and contact info also.

MembersZone Subscriber

check out the powerhawk 12 volt unit from curtiswright we have one and unit is 10 yr old and only thing we have had to do is change batt in power pack. this is a very portable system and works well for us. we have hyd tools 9 mile away at a mutual aid dept. had a little test when we got unit, other dept did not think the 12 volt unit would work well, we got 2 cars the same and had units roll up to each at same time. our 12 v unit had one door off and 2/3 way on other when they got started. then we could not get them to quit playing with ours.

Chief
    Here are the numbers and the last information I had on Kinman. Kinman of Indianapolis ( rescue & recovery concepts) 1401 Harding CT Suite K Indianapolis IN 46217 Phone (317-787-6303). They are/were the distributors of the kinman tools. I think they also own a towing service in Indy. The tools themselves were built by a gentleman in Marion Ill the company name was Amorosa Engineering Company 12677 Northshoreland Court Marion Ill 62959 I think the gentleman's name was Mike. When I last spoke with the manufacturer approximately 2 years ago he was in his mid 70's and was trying to sell the company for health reasons. I got the number for the manufacturer directly from Kinman's the contact at Kinmans was Roger Kinman, but he was having health trouble also so I am not sure of the status of the company.

Dave

I spoke with Mr Amorosa a few months ago, and visited his shop. He has several of the tools available and was tryin got sell them. Looks like a very nice backup tool. If you are interested I will get his phone number, he is located just a few miles from our main firehouse.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you all for your imput. It's all been helpful. Yes I would like that phone number.

Again Thanks to all of you guys very much.
    The Chief

Thread Information