Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evoc

Default Evoc

My department is writing a grant for a new brush rig. Question is while viewing the on-line orientation for vehicle acquisitions it stated you needed to factor in driver's training into the overall cost or your proposal will be denied.

So the question is does a standard EVOC course cover this requirement or do you have to peform some other specialty brush specific due to its off-road nature?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Forum Member

One of the best examples I have found is at
    www.minnesotafireservice.com/grantsmainmenu.html

Comprehensive Driver Program-Information on how to comply.

Check with your state's Fire Academy they should be able to help you with a class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Points that are made in the PG in regards to a comprehensive driver training program.

Finally, due to the inherent safety benefits to be realized in departments using a comprehensive driver training program meeting NFPA standard 1002 or its equivalent, we will provide a competitive advantage to requests where the applicant has a comprehensive driver training program. Applicants seeking driver training with their vehicle request will receive a slightly lower competitive advantage than departments with such a program already in place. Applicants without a comprehensive driver training program, and who will not implement appropriate driver training in conjunction with their AFG award, or through other resources, will NOT be considered for a vehicle award.

MembersZone Subscriber

We institued an EVOC program as part of the 2006 application. Something we should have been doing anyway, the just gave us a reason to do it.

earl

Forum Member

Question,
    Would the VFIS insurance program on driver training be considered as adequate?

MembersZone Subscriber

If it's equivalent to NFPA 1002, it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by savoy6 View Post
    My department is writing a grant for a new brush rig. Question is while viewing the on-line orientation for vehicle acquisitions it stated you needed to factor in driver's training into the overall cost or your proposal will be denied.

So the question is does a standard EVOC course cover this requirement or do you have to peform some other specialty brush specific due to its off-road nature?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Shoot me an e-mail...I'm thinking you're only about 30 minutes away...I'll fill you in on how we addressed it in our successful tanker narrative last year.

Ryan (not2l84u2@charter.net)

Thread Information