Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post

Can someone explain this? I don't get the joke.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber RoughRider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And what's your point? Maybe the folks at the Justice Department have more important things to do than pursue your notions of thievery and its importance. Maybe prosecuting terrorists is a higher priority.

And welcome to the club. I've been disheartened with Bush since since he pushed for the invasion of Iraq.

Give it up George. Only the NET KOOKS have a point. All else is Right wing Neo-con canned talking points! It's baffling to them why so many of us feel this way? Perhaps if we buy a pair of Birkenstock hippey kicks and smoke some hydro we may see the light!
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Give it up George. Only the NET KOOKS have a point. All else is Right wing Neo-con canned talking points! It's baffling to them why so many of us feel this way? Perhaps if we buy a pair of Birkenstock hippey kicks and smoke some hydro we may see the light!
    Keep up with the personal attacks. It only reinforces your lack of a valid point.

I do enjoy your idiot stereotypes.

Can someone explain this? I don't get the joke.

Sure, it was reply to a post that referenced the Clintons sophomoric behavior as they left the oval office. These shining examples of Americans ran off with the White House silverware because she liked it. Only after it was exposed did these wonderful examples of leadership return or pay for replacing it. So my reply was a sarcastic response to a post. Itís simple enough.

IACOJ PROUD

Keep up with the personal attacks. It only reinforces your lack of a valid point.

I do enjoy your idiot stereotypes.

Truthfully, I was just responding to your tiresome diatribes about right-ring mumbo jumbo. It seems to "me" that you feel your posts offer 100% proof of your position. Any different opinion and facts are misguided, wrong and from right wing neo con websites or canned talking points. Well I disagree with you on most of your political positions and I believe my positions are based on facts and my life experiences.

IACOJ PROUD

Sure, it was reply to a post that referenced the Clintons sophomoric behavior as they left the oval office. These shining examples of Americans ran off with the White House silverware because she liked it. Only after it was exposed did these wonderful examples of leadership return or pay for replacing it. So my reply was a sarcastic response to a post. Itís simple enough.
    I know this is painful for you to discover the stories of the Clinton's trashing the White House are yet again another urban legend.

But once again you cling to a story that has been debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider
    Truthfully, I was just responding to your tiresome diatribes about right-ring mumbo jumbo. It seems to "me" that you feel your posts offer 100% proof of your position. Any different opinion and facts are misguided, wrong and from right wing neo con websites or canned talking points. Well I disagree with you on most of your political positions and I believe my positions are based on facts and my life experiences.
    Reference above story and that will help you understand why I refer to the numerous urban legends as neo Con mumbo .

I know this is painful for you to discover the stories of the Clinton's trashing the White House are yet again another urban legend.
    Urban legend's ***...they were planted stories spread mostly by Fox "news" and other right wing outlets, including a line of crap from Tony Snow himself.
    It just blows me away that, in light of the HUGE pile of **** that has been the Bush presidency, all you guys have is some concocted story about Hillary stealing silverware. God damn, you guys are weak.

Any different opinion and facts are misguided, wrong and from right wing neo con websites or canned talking points
    This posted one post after bringing up the Clinton's stealing silverware? And we're supposed to believe you don't toe the line with right wing talking points??
    Yeah...no way you're a "Freeper."

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

Isn't it time to go back to bashing rosie the cow?
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Whatever turns you on, man.

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post

Calling Rosie O. a cow is an insult to the bovine community. I may never look at my leahter lids the same way again....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Calling Rosie O. a cow is an insult to the bovine community. I may never look at my leahter lids the same way again....

So tactical tupperware it is then?
    Firefighter
    Eureka District Fire Department

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddie View Post
    So tactical tupperware it is then?

No way in hell...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Angry Conspiracy Theory

That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard and i get so ****ed off when people like rosy o donal talk like that because they don't know what they are talking about and in my mind it is disrespectful twords the 343. maybe she should just not talk so she doesn't make herself look any more frikin stupid

MembersZone Subscriber

But once again you cling to a story that has been debunked.

Reference above story and that will help you understand why I refer to the numerous urban legends as neo Con mumbo .
    OK, I'm confused. This is the headline on the link YOU posted, "Damage at White House Offices Being Handed Over to the Bush Administration from The Clinton Staff-Truth!" How does this make the Clinton's trashing the WH offices "debunked?"

I guess in the liberal world, damaging and stealing from WH offices is not "trashing" them? According to the GAO report, there was $20,000 worth of damage. If I went into your home and caused $20K in damage, would you not consider it "trashed?"

Default Time for some comic relief

SC's link about the condition of the White House is probably pretty accurate. Some vandalism and some theft but no wholesale looting.

You also have to appreciate quality work. From the link:

in the White House itself, a photocopy machine that had copies of naked people hidden in the paper tray so they would come out from time to time with other copies.
    I gotta admit, that's pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    OK, I'm confused. This is the headline on the link YOU posted, "Damage at White House Offices Being Handed Over to the Bush Administration from The Clinton Staff-Truth!" How does this make the Clinton's trashing the WH offices "debunked?"

I guess in the liberal world, damaging and stealing from WH offices is not "trashing" them? According to the GAO report, there was $20,000 worth of damage. If I went into your home and caused $20K in damage, would you not consider it "trashed?"
    Not if my house were a working office building the size of the White House. Where thousands of people came and went every day. I've been involved in partnerships investing in commercial property and even good tenants leave behind things that need to be addressed before a new tenant can be placed.

No one seemed to mind when their was damage done by the administration of Bush the smarter and Quayle's troops as they left in 1993.As detailed here.

Excerpt:

So, yes, there were some pranks. But there's nothing unprecedented about the old administration pranking the new administration, as subsequent reports indicated. When Clinton-Gore staffers showed up for work in 1993, they found offices in disarray, computers disabled, and office furniture helpfully decorated with numerous Bush-Quayle bumper stickers. It appears that in this transition, the White House press corps took a similar situation and hyped it into a full-bore scandal without requiring one White House staffer to go on the record about specific vandalism or to provide any physical evidence.
    The White House is an office building. And as such with thousands of people going in and out of it every day there is wear and tear on the facility. For a building the size of the White House, $20K is no big deal. I bet it costs more to paint the place.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-18-2007 at 08:24 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not if my house were a working office building the size of the White House. Where thousands of people came and went every day. I've been involved in partnerships investing in commercial property and even good tenants leave behind things that need to be addressed before a new tenant can be placed.

No one seemed to mind when their was damage done by the administration of Bush the smarter and Quayle's troops as they left in 1993.As detailed here.

Excerpt:

The White House is an office building. And as such with thousands of people going in and out of it every day there is wear and tear on the facility. For a building the size of the White House, $20K is no big deal. I bet it costs more to paint the place.
    My bad, I guess that makes it alright for government workers to trash taxpayers' property. I understand now. I guess I need to remember that next time I get transferred. Comparitively, surely a couple hundred bucks or so damage the truck or station left for the other guy should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    My bad, I guess that makes it alright for government workers to trash taxpayers' property. I understand now. I guess I need to remember that next time I get transferred. Comparitively, surely a couple hundred bucks or so damage the truck or station left for the other guy should be OK.
    And when did this happen? You've not had any experience working in a facility with hundreds of others that has thousands of visitors at regular intervals. There is wear and tear on a facility. As far as willful damage it seems both sides have done it, but the posters on this board only seem to care about one of them.

MembersZone Subscriber

And when did this happen? You've not had any experience working in a facility with hundreds of others that has thousands of visitors at regular intervals. There is wear and tear on a facility. As far as willful damage it seems both sides have done it, but the posters on this board only seem to care about one of them.
    Now isn't that interesting, the link in your previous post has changed. Per that original site, "The GAO says the damage included 62 missing computer keyboards, 26 cell phones, two cameras, ten antique doorknobs and several presidential medallions and office signs. The damage estimate was about $20,000." That's the official, and final report from the GAO (Government Accounting Office), so I don't figure much if it's BS. They also report that "some of it appeared to have been intentional."

Personally, I don't really care who does it, it's not right for anyone to just destroy property that taxpayers are paying for. They should nail them all to the wall for vandalism, theft, and whatever else they're guilty of. I have serious doubts that that amount of equipment is standard use. If it is, why wasn't it reported damaged and replaced and documented?

Aside from that matter, you have no idea what experience I have or haven't had and in what workplaces. It's dangerous to presume about someone you know nothing about.
    Last edited by Catch22; 04-18-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Thread Information