Thread: Psychological Exams
03-31-2007, 01:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Cleveland, Ohio
In today’s testing formats, many questions on psychological exams are designed to determine if you have the personality characteristics of a successful firefighter. Below, we have outlined some important thoughts to keep in your mind when taking these types of examinations.
1. Are you the type of person who believes that teamwork is of the utmost importance?
2. Are you the type of person that goes above and beyond in your preparation for whatever you do? Do you go the extra mile? Do you give the extra effort?
3. Are you the type of person that believes that people are honest in nature or are you always on guard that someone has an ulterior motive and is not sincere in their desires?
4. Are you the type of person that gets along with most of the people that you meet? Are you friendly, outgoing? These are traits that are important as a firefighter dealing with the public.
5. Do you enjoy working with people as a group or do you prefer working by yourself? This is very important – you must emphasize in any firefighter exam that you take that you are the type of person that likes to work with a team.
6. Are you the type of person that can concentrate when you are working on a task or are you easily distracted? Many times on the fireground you will deal with people coming up to you, interrupting you, asking you questions. Are you the type of person that can concentrate on the task at hand with all those interruptions?
7. Are you the type of person who has empathy for others and can sympathize with someone else’s troubles?
8. Are you the type of person that is phony in nature? When working or dealing with others from another culture, do you shift your mannerisms to match that culture or do you stay true to yourself?
9. Are you the type of person that feels that work is important or would you just take a day off and go golfing, bowling, or just out to have fun with your friends? Do you feel that work comes first?
10. Are you the type of person that has patience and understanding?
11. Are you the type of person that has a tendency to often come to work tardy? Are you the type of person that believes that timelines and deadlines aren’t important?
12. Knowing that firefighting is a very physically demanding job, are you up to the challenge? Are you physically fit and will you continue to work out?
13. Are you the type of person that believes that rules in a fire department should be followed? The fire department is a paramilitary organization. Do you skirt the rules or feel that rules can be broken if it suits your particular needs?
14. Are you the type of person that is always trying to improve themselves – whether it is taking classes, going to seminars, reading books?
15. Are you the type of person that enjoys gossip or do you keep gossip to yourself? In a firehouse, you are in a 24-hour atmosphere with others and people can get caught up in the gossip. Even if you know a rumor that is true about another firefighter, would you share that information with others?
16. Are you the type of person that others feel is interesting and enjoyable to talk to? Do you have communication problems with others?
17. Are you the type of person that has biases against other groups and feel that they aren’t deserving of firefighter jobs or promotions?
18. Are you the type of person who looks down on others when they are going through hard times?
More infomation on psychological exam testing can be found at the link below. Good luck !!!
If you want to start getting that competitive edge immediately over your competition, our 14 day FREE e-mail series covers the written, psychological, oral interview and physical agility.
This e-mail series will guide you step by step through the maze of the testing process to help you shorten that learning curve between you and that coveted badge.
As soon as you sign-up you will receive the first e-mail with important inside secrets. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!! Go to the link below for our 14 day e-mail series sign-up. Good luck !!
Click here: http://www.fireprep.com/fireprep_com...day_email.html
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2006, 07:23 PM
By Mossad in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:07 AM
By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:05 PM
By Ratchet in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2003, 12:21 PM
By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-08-2002, 11:16 AM