Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default I gave my little brother the 5 cent tour (pic included)

My little brother is very interested in firefighting. So, Saturday when we were supposed to go turkey hunting (it was raining so we didn't go) I asked if he wanted to see the firehouse. Now, he doesn't generally show much enthusiasm but I could tell he really wanted to. He took alot of info in and at the end I asked if he wanted to try my gear on. He was pretty hyped up about it. So, I took a pic for our parents.

He's 12 years old by the way.

I was excited so I thought I would share this with you all.
    http://forums.firehouse.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1  81526&dateline=1193075762

MembersZone Subscriber KevinFFVFD's Avatar

Wink

very cool bro. can i say "future recruit".........haha

btw, i like your shirt, Titanic Swim Team, crazy

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFFVFD View Post
    very cool bro. can i say "future recruit".........haha

btw, i like your shirt, Titanic Swim Team, crazy
    Thanks, I love that shirt. I'm generally a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy. Most of my t-shirts have something quirky on them. I have several SpongeBob, Mighty Mouse, etc. shirts.
    http://forums.firehouse.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1  81526&dateline=1193075762

Forum Member

Keeps him interested, and outa trouble, neat pic.

Thumbs up

Great pic of your bro, bro. In a few more years I bet he'll be driving you. Until then he can 'gobble' up more info,hanging with his hero, when you're not out slaying poor defensive turkeys. On a different topic, are you allowed to work with a beard , or are you just on vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by polecat View Post
    Great pic of your bro, bro. In a few more years I bet he'll be driving you. Until then he can 'gobble' up more info,hanging with his hero, when you're not out slaying poor defensive turkeys. On a different topic, are you allowed to work with a beard , or are you just on vacation?
    I've seen volunteers home with beards identical too that and they have no problems what so ever using SCBA at any time. He looks tall for a 12 y/o orr maybe your short??
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Yeah, we're all volly's here. I'm 5'11" so I'm not exactly short.

Forum Member

During school visits,I usually scare H outta two or three of the little ones.One time,I was grocery shopping and someone asked if I'd talk to his kid about being a firefighter. (yes,I was wearing a whacker shirt at the time)
    I recognized the girl as the one that screamed when I put my hood on the other day and kept from reminding her of that.
    I invited them to the station if they wanted and when they came to visit,the girl confided to me that when a firefighter came to her school,he scared her but she wasn't scared this time.
    That's one thing about kids,if their folks are around,they'll stay for anything.Like you said,they'l soak up all the information that you give them.

Thread Information