MembersZone Subscriber

Default Montgomery County

Took my Oral Interview about a month ago. Anyone else in the process hear anything yet? Just wondering.

Forum Member

Were you a jumper? were at? I am assuming it was in 2005?

just wondering as I have been jumping for 7 years

Forum Member

aaaa edit aaaaa
    Last edited by cbt134; 04-07-2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot

Forum Member

Got my letter. For the ones that have made it through the MCFRS hiring process...what was your score (or the area of the oral scores) that made it to the next step?

MembersZone Subscriber

got my letter 2 days ago. It was a 66 which it says is above average in the good range. Now I don't know how good this really is. To be completely honest, I'm a little disappointed

Forum Member

jumper - I know what you mean. I don't understand what I did wrong. I studied hard (flash cards, tape recorder, etc). Only scored "good". I don't know how low they go but I am nervous now. Can we get picked up for the next class if we don't get in this one?

Forum Member

anyone know what scores they are processing to background yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know if they are hiring for this class and the next one. When I took my written test, one of the Firefighters there told me that they were hiring for recruit clas 31 and 32 but the letter I received said that if I don't hear anything by July, I am eligible to reapply. So I don't know.

Forum Member

Mine says the same thing. It appears to me, if you don't get selected for RC 31 you could still get selected for RC 32 from the current list. However, I think that it would be slim chance to get picked up for the second class is we don't get picked for the first. I think that if we re-apply in July, that you are actually applying for what would be RC 33.

Who knows, I figure I scored "good" on my first oral...if I don't make it this time I will re-apply and still try for other departments in the meantime.

MembersZone Subscriber

anyone know how many conditional offers they are giving out?

Forum Member

I received an email today from MCFS Recruiting department with an application attached. I applied a few years ago but never took the test. Has anyone ever received one of these? It states they are accepting applications until June. I want to apply but I remember being told there's a chance people can pass portions of the test and they might never hear anything due to so many applications. So anyone thats been through this, do you recommend applying there? Does it move pretty quick? I'm from out of state (Florida). Whats the oral board like? I notice they use the CWH test, last time I took that I scored a 76, I imagine thats not good enough with that competition.

Just looking for advice on whether or not I should apply

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattc05 View Post
    I received an email today from MCFS Recruiting department with an application attached. I applied a few years ago but never took the test. Has anyone ever received one of these? It states they are accepting applications until June. I want to apply but I remember being told there's a chance people can pass portions of the test and they might never hear anything due to so many applications. So anyone thats been through this, do you recommend applying there? Does it move pretty quick? I'm from out of state (Florida). Whats the oral board like? I notice they use the CWH test, last time I took that I scored a 76, I imagine thats not good enough with that competition.

Just looking for advice on whether or not I should apply
    I think an 80 or 85 was the required minimum score a year ago, but not sure. Go take some basic math and english classes at the local CC to bring your basic academic skills back up to par and you should be able to bring your score up without any trouble. Until you do that I would not waste your time and money traveling to take the test.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information