+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #26
    Forum Member
    DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    He just wanted the government to pay for his college, housing, food, clothing, holidays, pension, and entertainment, all in exchange for his willingness to serve his country in a fancy uniform like on the commercial.
    Or he just got caught up in the wave after 9/11 like so many others. Only, in his case, he signed a recruitment contract before the wave subsided and couldn't just go back to doing what he was doing on 9/10 like most people.

    Remember, we're talking about the enlistment decision of an 18 y/o kid. 18 y/o's have never been notable for their foresight.

    Recruiters are paid to take advantage of that lack of foresight, it's their job and there was no shortage of amped up teenagers to harvest in the months following 9/11.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

  2. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    As well you should, shows integrity and a sense of duty on your part. That I respect.
    Thank you. I really didnt want to get into a war of sterio typing. Then I'd have to open up a second computer to work both keyboards simultaneously, since thats the only way to effectively type in stereo. But then that shouldn't be too difficult for me, I am a Finance and Adminstrative Specialist, after all.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  3. #28
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,700

    Default Side note...

    OlieCan, you'd get more respect around here without crap like this...

    60 GB Sony Playstation 3 with 3 games and extra controller for $650 shipped to your door - Email Oliecan@hotmail.com if interested.

    $880 value!


    as your signature.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  4. #29
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Exactly what one would expect of someone who has never proven themselves, put something ahead of their own selfish gains, or knows the meaning of sacrifice.
    As someone who knows little, or nothing about me, thats a pretty stupid things to say.

    Doesn't starting a life devoting myself to helping the public in Fire/EMS count for anything? What selfish gains of my own am I putting above others? You're simply throwing ignorant meaningless crap around like you know anything about me. You know nothing of me, or my past.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  5. #30
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    To being able to call yourself a marine the most "Wonderful privilege" is such an arrogant thing to say its sickening.


    Just to put a slight twist on this..... would it also be "arrogant" and "sickening" to have the Wonderful privilage to be called "Firefighter"? Or "Paramedic"?

    If so, then I guess I fall under that heading too.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  6. #31
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    OlieCan, you'd get more respect around here without crap like this...

    60 GB Sony Playstation 3 with 3 games and extra controller for $650 shipped to your door - Email Oliecan@hotmail.com if interested.

    $880 value!


    as your signature.
    As much as I don't understand at all how me trying to sell something at a good price makes me any less credible, I will town it down with the colors and font size for you, but it will stay there, because someone might want it. I'd rather give it to someone here who wants it than put it on ebay.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  7. #32
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    [/b]

    Just to put a slight twist on this..... would it also be "arrogant" and "sickening" to have the Wonderful privilage to be called "Firefighter"? Or "Paramedic"?

    If so, then I guess I fall under that heading too.
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

    Do I think Marines (I even capitalized it this time) are professionals, and do I thank them for their service, Yes (although a lot of times I don't agree with their mission, but its not always their fault)

    Am I proud of being a firefighter? You're damn right.

    What I am saying is that its arrogant for him to put himself or other Marines as the best thing in the world. Im proud of being a firefighter, but I don't put myself above others as it seems he does. Im no better than the janitor cleaning up **** on the floor. Things need to be done. I respect anyone doing what they can to make a living, and support a family and trying to be happy with their life. I was lucky enough to get into a profession that I love greatly, and I enjoy going to work, not everyone is that fortunate, but as I said before, I try not to put myself above others because of my profession.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  8. #33
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    What selfish gains of my own am I putting above others?
    Gee, I don't know, just maybe the obvious SPAM in your signature?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  9. #34
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Gee, I don't know, just maybe the obvious SPAM in your signature?
    I didn't know it was that selfish to sell something for a greatly discounted price...

    If it bothers you that much turn signatures off, or block my user name. As of now its taking up about 1 line of space, and you don't need to read it. Stop crying.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  10. #35
    Forum Member
    DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Gee, I don't know, just maybe the obvious SPAM in your signature?
    Point of order: By convention and concensus as old as "the internet" itself, signatures have always been "fair game" for otherwise off-topic material as long as the body of the message is on-topic and non-trivial. As long as the sig isn't too big or too blatantly obscene (and that doesn't always matter), it's okay. Consider it an electronic bumper sticker.

    (Besides, if you tell one poster that s/he shouldn't put any ads in his/her sig, you have to tell them all the same. There's more than one regular poster here with retail links in their sigs...)
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 04-05-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

  11. #36
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Well, Olie, like it or not, argee or not, Marines and I am including ALL Marines: US and British (and anyone else out there who carries them in their OrBatt) are of a very similar breed, because they come from the same traditions. A very old and very hard fought line of traditions, and for better or for worse, there is a very fierce pride in the distinction.

    Through my military service I have had the honour in most cases of meeting many. Howerver, I have also met many that very dearly deserved the name "Jarhead". And those individuals were the empitomy of arrogance. Was the arrogance a byproduct of becoming a Marine? Who knows. If you listen to my Mother, she would put me in the same classification. She said so right from the day I graduated from Basic. Actually, "Military $sshole" is the phrase she used. But then she's never been very happy that I chose this profession.

    So I guess what I'm trying to say is Some Days Ya Find A real Winner and Some Days Ya Find A Real Whinner.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  12. #37
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    I knew a guy in the Navy that got ordered to active duty because he missed too many drill periods.I never found out why he missed them,though.
    He must have decided that he liked it after all because 2 years ago,he got out a BMCS(Sw)Craftmaster-that translates to Senior Chief Bosun's Mate,Enlisted Surface Warfare Qualified and he also ran a tug for the Navy.
    Just like my shipmate did 22 years ago,this concientious objector freely joined up,took the money on payday and wore the uniform.
    That sorta gives the USMC the right to tell him where to go and what to do.If he hadn't figured that by the end of basic training,he probably was what I call a "quota recruit",meaning someone the recruiter got in with some deficiency just to meet his quota for that month.
    He came about deciding to be a concientious objector rather late in his hitch for me to have sympathy for him.He needs to do his time and get out.
    Just because he is a "USMCR"doesn't mean that he cannot be sent overseas.The National Guard and Air National Guard are Reserve components of the US Army and US Air Force which are just as subject to overseas deployment as an active duty unit.
    Just what did he think the Corps was teaching him how to use infantry weapons for,anyway?

  13. #38
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Actually I think the article said something about belittling the fact that a member of his platoon had died? And ya, I'd likely take exception to that too. Oh wait. NO I WOULD take exception. Been in those shoes myself. Reprimands in my favour were written.

    As for "carrying your candy asses"...... as a Professional Canadian Soldier, I am required to take offence to that. As I do the comment about being "enlisted". I could go on and write for hours about what I think about several "officers" and "Ring-Knockers" in particular, having worked for, with, above, and around them for my entire career.

    Education and gold bars do not make a great leader.

    Education, experience, common sense, professional courtesy and loyalty to the troops go a long way to building a great leader.

    That makes two of us who take offence too the "carrying our candy asses".

    Good Post though Malahat


    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    And we want nothing to do with people who are not willing to give of themselves, have no love of freedom and are not willing to die for it - or their friends. Never said you should join. But you show that you lack any true understanding of military service (let alone serving as a Marine) by your comments. You show your own ignorance of the matter.
    First off I would give myself for my nation and I'm more than prepared too do so when called upon. Sure I may not know much about this "super powerfull" marines but I do have an understanding of military service. I guess I come from a country that chooses other ways too train their members too a high standard, without standing there right in their face and telling them s**t like their going too kill them if they don't get out of their face or calling them every name in the book. Thats a total load of bulls**t that it will make them any better of a soldier if their put under pressure during war times.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  14. #39
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    First off I would give myself for my nation and I'm more than prepared too do so when called upon. Sure I may not know much about this "super powerfull" marines but I do have an understanding of military service. I guess I come from a country that chooses other ways too train their members too a high standard, without standing there right in their face and telling them s**t like their going too kill them if they don't get out of their face or calling them every name in the book. Thats a total load of bulls**t that it will make them any better of a soldier if their put under pressure during war times.

    I agree with this.

    Same can be applied (in my case) at the fire station. There have been a few members who try and treat the probies like gargabe cause they are new, and they're probies, and then there are the guys who come up to me and say "Hey, you wanna learn something?" Of course I would.

    Im not a child. I don't need to be yelled at to understand something, or to get a point across to me. treat me like an adult, and you'll see see me progress into one hell of a firefighter.

    That technique the military has used always confused me.
    Last edited by OlieCan; 04-05-2007 at 02:18 PM.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  15. #40
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    I agree with this.

    Same can be applied (in my case) at the fire station. There have been a few members who try and treat the probies like gargabe cause they are new, and they're probies, and then there are the guys who come up to me and say "Hey, you wanna learn something?" Of course I would.

    Im not a child. I don't need to be yelled at to understand something, or to get a point across to me. treat me like an adult, and you'll see see me progress into one hell of a firefighter.

    That technique the military has used always confused me.
    Correction. You ARE a child. You act like a 2 year old.

    Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Don't yell at me. I might get PTSD. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

    There is only one candy *** on this forum. Folks, can we all say it in unison?

  16. #41
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Correction. You ARE a child. You act like a 2 year old.

    Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Don't yell at me. I might get PTSD. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

    There is only one candy *** on this forum. Folks, can we all say it in unison?
    Well said.

    I expect to be yelled at when it is called for. I, as man others are, don't respond well to yelling for no reason. It makes it much easier to learn in a non-threatening environment and at a place you want to be. Maybe you were raised differently, and maybe im just "soft", but I really don't give a s*** what you think or how you were raised. I will be nice to people until they give me a reason not to be. When Im a senior member of a department, there will never be a time when I yell at them, or treat them as less of a person because they're new. Its a stupid way of training, and being considerate is much more effective if you ask me.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  17. #42
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    Well said.

    I expect to be yelled at when it is called for. I, as man others are, don't respond well to yelling for no reason. It makes it much easier to learn in a non-threatening environment and at a place you want to be. Maybe you were raised differently, and maybe im just "soft", but I really don't give a s*** what you think or how you were raised. I will be nice to people until they give me a reason not to be. When Im a senior member of a department, there will never be a time when I yell at them, or treat them as less of a person because they're new. Its a stupid way of training, and being considerate is much more effective if you ask me.
    That is because you do not understand what other members, who have served in the Marines, have told you. They are not yelling at you because they get off on that type of behavior. Theya re yelling at you to indoctrinate you into stressful situations and to basically toughen you up. In your juvenile, PlayStation world, you don't have to be tough. You just have to know when to hit PAUSE to go get another bag of chips.

    But I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You do not have the brains, spine opr testicles to be a Marine.

    PS: Just for the sake of total disclosure...I was never a Marine. But I admire the crap out of those who are.

  18. #43
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    That is because you do not understand what other members, who have served in the Marines, have told you. They are not yelling at you because they get off on that type of behavior. Theya re yelling at you to indoctrinate you into stressful situations and to basically toughen you up. In your juvenile, PlayStation world, you don't have to be tough. You just have to know when to hit PAUSE to go get another bag of chips.

    But I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You do not have the brains, spine opr testicles to be a Marine.

    PS: Just for the sake of total disclosure...I was never a Marine. But I admire the crap out of those who are.

    I never said they get off on that type of behavior. I simply said I, as well as many others, don't respond to that type of training. I don't think "yelling at you" is really the same type of stressful situations as it would be if you're in a crossfire in the middle of nowhere. Where doesn't the training be being yelled at come into play in that situation? One hardly needs to be shouted at to "toughen up"

    I love how you just assume Im some kid who sits around playing video games all day and eating.

    Im 6'0" 171lbs and I hardly play games at all. (one of the main reasons I decided to sell it) I work a full time job, part time at the fire station, and go to class for 14 hours per week on top of that.

    I suppose persuing a career in firefighting makes me spineless. Just like all the other memebers on this site, I am a complete coward for choosing a career of charging into burning buildings to save others. Well said.

    Nice post though, you pretty much have every aspect of my life covered...
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  19. #44
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    I never said they get off on that type of behavior. I simply said I, as well as many others, don't respond to that type of training. I don't think "yelling at you" is really the same type of stressful situations as it would be if you're in a crossfire in the middle of nowhere. Where doesn't the training be being yelled at come into play in that situation? One hardly needs to be shouted at to "toughen up"

    I love how you just assume Im some kid who sits around playing video games all day and eating.

    Im 6'0" 171lbs and I hardly play games at all. (one of the main reasons I decided to sell it) I work a full time job, part time at the fire station, and go to class for 14 hours per week on top of that.

    I suppose persuing a career in firefighting makes me spineless. Just like all the other memebers on this site, I am a complete coward for choosing a career of charging into burning buildings to save others. Well said.

    Nice post though, you pretty much have every aspect of my life covered...

    You're my hero.

    Pursuing a career in the fire service doesn't make you spineless. It's YOU that makes you spineless.

  20. #45
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi, USA
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Dude do you have a screw loose? Heaven forbid you ever get put in spot in a far off land with rounds coming down range at you. Will just tell the enemy to hold fire for a minute while I tell the FNG in a nice calm manner what he's doing wrong, or maybe I just scream at the top of my lungs seeing as how were in combat. Kind of like a 5 alarm fire with a firefighter down you'd probably get the same reaction. I am a Marine and I know first hand what it's like to be screamed at; big deal. The thing is there are not that may ways to teach New recruits how to handle combat and if they can't handle someone screaming in their ear or a little stress that the Drill intstructors can create than they probably won't fair to well in a fire fight.
    As for the CO Zabala or what ever his name is in my opinion give his ***** a Other than Honorable discharge. The Marines just like the fire service have that brotherhood and he let everyone of his fellow Marines down. It seems to me that Pre 9/11 some USMCR had this idea that they would never be deployed and were just in for the college money. But that changed post 9/11 when all the Reserve units were put up for deployment rotations, And now more than ever you got Marines that actually want to be there hence an all volintary service, no one was drafted. I was never a trigger happy Marine or an extremely violent person but all the training I recieved taught me one thing and that is not to hesitate when you got the shot. And I always new that the Marine to my left and to my right had my back. All I can say Is thank god he did'nt get another Marine Killed.

  21. #46
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    That is because you do not understand what other members, who have served in the Marines, have told you. They are not yelling at you because they get off on that type of behavior. Theya re yelling at you to indoctrinate you into stressful situations and to basically toughen you up. In your juvenile, PlayStation world, you don't have to be tough. You just have to know when to hit PAUSE to go get another bag of chips.

    Once again. Thats crap. I've been on quite a few Military courses so far, mostly too prepare you for combat situations, and guess what we've been put into stressfull situations, that didn't call for some a**hole standing in your face uttering death threats at you etc. Getting yelled at and bitched out does not "toughen you up" as you put it. People screw up. Punish them physically or other ways. Not sit there and have 4 people absolutely rip them out and by the sounds of it make some resort too commiting suicide. In my mind if an instructor wants too sit there and rip people out for something, usually very minor too get them going, and it causes someone too commit suicide that a**hole should be held accountable. This whole toughening them up by yelling is a complete and udder crock of s**t. Plain and Simple


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuctkYYywZ0

    You mean too tell me the marines doesn't want too make every member of their force blood thirsty lunatics?? Bulls*it. Most militarys that ***** would be up on harassment charges up the wazoo. But I guess thats what makes the US Marineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees So great. Give me a break
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 04-05-2007 at 07:02 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    FireCapt1951retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Between here and there
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Once again. Thats crap. I've been on quite a few Military courses so far, mostly too prepare you for combat situations, and guess what we've been put into stressfull situations, that didn't call for some a**hole standing in your face uttering death threats at you etc. Getting yelled at and bitched out does not "toughen you up" as you put it. People screw up. Punish them physically or other ways. Not sit there and have 4 people absolutely rip them out and by the sounds of it make some resort too commiting suicide. In my mind if an instructor wants too sit there and rip people out for something, usually very minor too get them going, and it causes someone too commit suicide that a**hole should be held accountable. This whole toughening them up by yelling is a complete and udder crock of s**t. Plain and Simple


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuctkYYywZ0

    You mean too tell me the marines doesn't want too make every member of their force blood thirsty lunatics?? Bulls*it. Most militarys that ***** would be up on harassment charges up the wazoo. But I guess thats what makes the US Marineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees So great. Give me a break
    That's Marines with a capital M. You'd better be tough for the simple fact that if you get captured and become a POW, it will be a lot worse than what a drill instructor does. Being able to operate in a combat situation is a lot different than operating in the fire service. Until you've actually done it and been involved in more than a few HEAVY, CRAP FLYING firefights or dealt with a POW whose been there you're never going to understand what the purpose of the treatment is actually all about. I still think this guy was a KIA waiting to happen and the very unfortunate thing is that he probably would have taken a couple of REAL hard charging Marines with him. He deserves a DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE and nothing less.
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 04-05-2007 at 07:30 PM.

  23. #48
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireLt1951 View Post
    That's Marines with a capital M. You'd better be tough for the simple fact that if you get captured and become a POW, it will be a lot worse than what a drill instructor does.
    Do I care if its Marines with a Captial M? No not really

    Like I said sitting there and completely insulting and just reaming people out doesn't do anybody good! It's not going too change the way you are and act if you become a POW and are being tortured. It's not going too make them any stronger. They're going too come across the way they're trained too be. Arrogant Killing Machines,only this time they're not going too be able too kill because chances are they're not going too have weapons or be able too get their hands on people. And whats that going too do. GET THEM KILLED!.


    This treatment will not aid them when it comes too a firefight? Are you kidding me?

    My country's troops have been in many different HEAVY,CRAP FLYING firefights as you call it and we've made out just fine, with half the number of casulties and deaths. And guess what. Our instructors do not sit there and utter death threats at them or do half the stuff these trolls do because they'd be up on charge STAT. So guess what. You don't need all this use bulls**t your troops are going through. Get over yourselves.

    Just a question FireLT how many years did you serve if you seem too know so much about the topics?
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 04-05-2007 at 07:34 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  24. #49
    Forum Member
    FireCapt1951retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Between here and there
    Posts
    790

    Default

    ndvfdff33,

    You're just never, ever going to get it but that's alright . I did 16 months in Nam from Oct "70" through Feb "72". So do I know and understand the concept and what it requires? Your damn right I do. Any other questions?
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 04-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.

  25. #50
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireLt1951 View Post
    ndvfdff33,

    You're just never, ever going to get it but that's alright .
    Sure thing. I know nothing about anything military so I'm never going too get it. Keep on fightin the good fight trooper

    Quite frankly I don't give a damn what the Marines do really. Although I think they're training tactics are totally f**ked so be it. But if they wanna sit there and keep this way so be it. I'm not going too change it. I just hope I never have too work along side these tools when I'm in theatre. Better start prayin too the big man upstairs I guess.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 04-05-2007 at 07:43 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Survivors of war take fatal risks on roads
    By HeavyRescueTech in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
  2. Aid and Comfort to the Enemy
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 490
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 03:19 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 07-17-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 12:30 AM
  4. Any way you look at it, say no to Kerry
    By mohican in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register