1. #51
    Forum Member
    FireCapt1951retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Between here and there
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Sure thing. I know nothing about anything military so I'm never going too get it. Keep on fightin the good fight trooper

    Quite frankly I don't give a damn what the Marines do really. Although I think they're training tactics are totally f**ked so be it. But if they wanna sit there and keep this way so be it. I'm not going too change it. I just hope I never have too work along side these tools when I'm in theatre. Better start prayin too the big man upstairs
    You may very well have some knowledge about the military but I really doubt you have any combat experience or extensive knowledge of what it takes at all. They're praying that they would never have to have a brother like you next to them, so be happy with that.

  2. #52
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi, USA
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Congratulations on your few military course and nerver getting yelled at give yourself a pat on the back. I think its funny that you can Pass judgement on My Marine Corps after wathcing a 3 minute video of a recruit getting yelled at. Getting yelled at is part of BOOTCAMP every new recruit knows this. don't speak on what you do not know, you don't see me going around knocking the Canuckeen Military do ya! Let me educate you! After boot camp you go to School of Infantry or Marine Combat training depending on what job you do otherwise known as an MOS (Military Ocupational specialty) If you go to SOI you might also go on to Machine Gunners Course or Mortarman's Couse and then depending on what you unit you go to you'll most likley will get to do 6 to 8 months of Pre deployment work ups and a possibility of advance courses depending on the qutoa's and the majority of the time you really don't get yelled at all that much unless your a complete screw up or just don't give a crap. Oh yeah I almost forgot to add all the propganda videos and the brain washing videos of death and destuction turning every last one us into crazy ***** blood thristy lunatic's who want nothing more than to kill women and children. Most the Marines I know take great pride in what they do. Most the Marines I know are Christians or serve some sort of God. Most the Marines I know will never ask opionated *********s to ever say thank you. They just do their jobs willingly For their God, Country, and Corps but most of all their fellow Marines.

  3. #53
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireLt1951 View Post
    You may very well have some knowledge about the military but I really doubt you have any combat experience or extensive knowledge of what it takes at all. They're praying that they would never have to have a brother like you next to them, so be happy with that.
    I am quite. And your right I don't have much in the way of combat experiance but guess what everyone gets it in due time. Sorry for doubting your obviously stellar training techniques

    I'm gonna leave this stupid thread with just saying I hope everyone comes home. Best of luck too your serving members and stay safe

    Later
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 04-05-2007 at 08:00 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  4. #54
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    I am quite. And your right I don't have much in the way of combat experiance but guess what everyone gets it in due time. Sorry for doubting your obviously stellar training techniques

    I'm gonna leave this stupid thread with just saying I hope everyone comes home. Best of luck too your serving members and stay safe

    Later
    This guy will go far.

    He loves to intentionally insult folks. Piece of work he is.

    Quite the respectful individual too. This thread got stupid because of your lack of respect, closed mindedness, speaking of things that you know nothing about, belittling others (while criticizing others for doing the same), and just making excuses for himself.

    Heaven forbid anyone get yelled at, picked on, chastized, or corrected in modern society. We should all be cumbaya, smoking dope, and spread love.

    I hope he is never offended by anyone posting on these threads. I'll be sure to remind him of his own intentional insults.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  5. #55
    Forum Member
    FireCapt1951retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Between here and there
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    I am quite. And your right I don't have much in the way of combat experiance but guess what everyone gets it in due time. Sorry for doubting your obviously stellar training techniques

    I'm gonna leave this stupid thread with just saying I hope everyone comes home. Best of luck too your serving members and stay safe

    Later
    They aren't my training techniques. I was in the U.S. Army's 25th Infantry but I don't disagree with their training at all. The Army was no picnic by any means when I went through boot, similar tactics were used and I still consider it as a good training tool for combat. Those tools as you have so disparagingly described them as, are damn fine warriors. You learn one thing in combat. That you had better be a little more determined, dedicated, tough and vicious as your enemy or your not going to succeed in your operations, period. War is no place to be mister nice, it's no playground, it's no game, it's life or death.
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 04-05-2007 at 08:37 PM.

  6. #56
    Forum Member
    VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuctkYYywZ0

    You mean too tell me the marines doesn't want too make every member of their force blood thirsty lunatics?? Bulls*it. Most militarys that ***** would be up on harassment charges up the wazoo. But I guess thats what makes the US Marineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees So great. Give me a break

    You just don't get it. That recruit had his azz chewed because he hesitated and in combat while going hand to hand...he would be dead. I knock an enemy down, I am not going to stop and move on just to be shot in the back....I am going to cave his skull in, then move on.

    Your "battles with half the casualties" comment is just plain assinine. Take in account...half the commitment too. The amount of major combat operations the USMC have been in far overshadows the Canadians, hense the reason for more casualties.

    I've worked along side Canadian troops...and never met one with your complete lack of knowledge in combat operations and training.

    Your harasement charges comment is testiment to how much of a tool you are.

    Have a nice life Zero.
    IACOJ Member

  7. #57
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    This guy will go far.

    He loves to intentionally insult folks. Piece of work he is.

    Quite the respectful individual too. This thread got stupid because of your lack of respect, closed mindedness, speaking of things that you know nothing about, belittling others (while criticizing others for doing the same), and just making excuses for himself.

    Heaven forbid anyone get yelled at, picked on, chastized, or corrected in modern society. We should all be cumbaya, smoking dope, and spread love.

    I hope he is never offended by anyone posting on these threads. I'll be sure to remind him of his own intentional insults.
    Thanks for the bi*ch session. If I really wanted that I would have gone and talked too my wife.

    Fine I'll admit flat out that I was wrong too pass judgement on s**t I don't know anything about. Sharkie Tell me you have you ever have done the same thing though in your time and yet your going chastize me for doing it? Don't sit here and act like your Mr. Perfect when I'm sure in reality your probably not. I'll be the first too admit I get carried away sometimes when heated sort of discussions come up, but the me on here and me when I'm in Uniform and working,or out and about can sometimes be totally different things which showed here.


    I have been yelled at many times during my career and in courses such as these basic trainings,soldier qualification and trades training courses and been on the verge of punching the guy standing infront of me. Infact I don't recall saying I have not been yelled at or insulted by senior members before. Not too the extent some of these guy go saying they'll kill him or calling him a pussy and faggot because he stopped fighting with the pugil sticks, but damn close. All I was trying too say is there are many different ways too train people in stressfull environments other than being in their face ripping them apart.

    And Vinnie I would never have any one brought up on harassment charges for saying something because truthfully all these courses are a game too see if you can handle stuff you will face. Now say one of our Sergent Majors or Officers heard an Instructor talking too a student in the ways I've listened too these instructors speak you can bet your sweet *** he'd be up on charges before he could say holy s**t


    So I do apologize if I offended any of you. I truly did not mean too if I did. Think of me what you want I'm done and once again I apologize
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 04-05-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  8. #58
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Once again. Thats crap. I've been on quite a few Military courses so far, mostly too prepare you for combat situations, and guess what we've been put into stressfull situations, that didn't call for some a**hole standing in your face uttering death threats at you etc. Getting yelled at and bitched out does not "toughen you up" as you put it. People screw up. Punish them physically or other ways. Not sit there and have 4 people absolutely rip them out and by the sounds of it make some resort too commiting suicide. In my mind if an instructor wants too sit there and rip people out for something, usually very minor too get them going, and it causes someone too commit suicide that a**hole should be held accountable. This whole toughening them up by yelling is a complete and udder crock of s**t. Plain and Simple


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuctkYYywZ0

    You mean too tell me the marines doesn't want too make every member of their force blood thirsty lunatics?? Bulls*it. Most militarys that ***** would be up on harassment charges up the wazoo. But I guess thats what makes the US Marineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees So great. Give me a break

    You are helping me understand why the US Military is the primary Canadian national defense system.

  9. #59
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Thanks for the bi*ch session. If I really wanted that I would have gone and talked too my wife.
    I reiterate. How respectful.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Fine I'll admit flat out that I was wrong too pass judgement on s**t I don't know anything about.
    I only pointed that out to you at least twice and it took you this long to realize it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Sharkie Tell me you have you ever have done the same thing though in your time and yet your going chastize me for doing it?
    Never said that I didn't. I was telling you that you were doing it and you were carrying on like you were not. Don't sit there and criticize me for telling you when you are in the wrong when you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Don't sit here and act like your Mr. Perfect when I'm sure in reality your probably not.
    Just where in the hell do you get this idea that you think I am better than anyone? I am quite the humble person. I only ask for the respect that an individual that has earned the title of Marine deserves - to have that title capitalized when one is referring to them. You are by no means the first one that I have corrected about this, and you will not be the last. If you consider that arrogance, then you are wrong.

    You need to take what I say at face value - albeit with an air of sarcasm often - as the vast majority on these boards take me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    I'll be the first too admit I get carried away sometimes when heated sort of discussions come up, but the me on here and me when I'm in Uniform and working,or out and about can sometimes be totally different things which showed here.
    It did not show. You cannot let your anger, displeasure, or own biases EVER cloud your mind to affect your own actions in the manner in which you have done. It is something that we all need to work on.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    I have been yelled at many times during my career and in courses such as these basic trainings,soldier qualification and trades training courses and been on the verge of punching the guy standing infront of me.
    So long as you do not do it. You may not agree with the training styles, but they are proven effectivem and have been over the decades. It is society that has gotten soft, and it is not for the better personally. There is no way to make people think quickly, train them from becoming the selfish little pukes that most 18 year olds are (myself included oh so many years ago) and turn them into thinking of something other than themselves in 13 weeks.

    And you must recall something here. After 5 1/2 years of ongoing combat operations (with or without your support) many - if not most - of these Drill Instructors have seen combat, or lost many good friends to hostile actions. They have a very personal stake in turning this 18 year old kid into a team player.

    Because after a 2 or 4 year hitch at the Recruit Depots, these DIs will return to the Fleet and have a very good probability of serving with these young fire ****ers that they trained.

    And you can damned well bet that they want to have busted their @$$ to make sure that they are good to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Infact I don't recall saying I have not been yelled at or insulted by senior members before. Not too the extent some of these guy go saying they'll kill him or calling him a pussy and faggot because he stopped fighting with the pugil sticks, but damn close.
    As Vinnie mentioned, there is a purpose to this. Believe it or not.

    These kids that want to be Marines know what they are getting into here. They accept this, and understand the purpose behind it. Even if you or the "Moms of America" as my Drill Instructor (Drill Instructor Sgt. Power - yes his real name) liked to call them did not agree with the methods or having their precious little darlings getting yelled at.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    All I was trying too say is there are many different ways too train people in stressfull environments other than being in their face ripping them apart.
    There are. But few are anywhere near as effective as this method that has worked since before the Civil War.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    And Vinnie I would never have any one brought up on harassment charges for saying something because truthfully all these courses are a game too see if you can handle stuff you will face. Now say one of our Sergent Majors or Officers heard an Instructor talking too a student in the ways I've listened too these instructors speak you can bet your sweet *** he'd be up on charges before he could say holy s**t
    And in the Marine Corps, these Drill Instructors will not be brought up on charges because of the necessity of getting the job done.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    So I do apologize if I offended any of you. I truly did not mean too if I did. Think of me what you want I'm done and once again I apologize
    You did too mean to. You were corrected at least twice about the appropriate use of diction, syntax, and grammar about capitalizing the "M" in Marine when addressing an individual who has graduated and completed training at one of the Recruit Depots. We have earned the title Marine. And we carry on a proud tradition of men and women better than we are.

    And then you went on to be sarcastic in the one instance that you did capitalize the M to belittle those of us while decrying the actions of someone else who allegedly "belittled" a dead aggressor.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  10. #60
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    You are helping me understand why the US Military is the primary Canadian national defense system.
    While I respect the Canadians, it is a product of what socialism does to ones' mind.

    Just look at what it has done to Europe.

    And none of this is meant to offend any Canadians on these boards. I don't apologize for how I feel.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  11. #61
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    You just don't get it. That recruit had his azz chewed because he hesitated and in combat while going hand to hand...he would be dead. I knock an enemy down, I am not going to stop and move on just to be shot in the back....I am going to cave his skull in, then move on.
    Now Vinnie, stop being full of blood lust. You know that the peace, love, dope crowd does not like it.

    You should endeavour to make this enemy your friend because he can be reformed. He can be turned around from the radical mullah's sick, twisted, mangled believer into your best friend.

    Just as the Rikusentai on Bouganville or Iwo were to be loved by the Marine before he was bayoneted. Peace, Love, Dope Vinnie. Peace, Love, Dope.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  12. #62
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    I still don't know why marine has to be capitalized...

    I don't always see firefighter or police officer capitalized either. I never see janitor or customer service capitalized.

    I still don't understand how a marine is any better than anyone else.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  13. #63
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    While I respect the Canadians, it is a product of what socialism does to ones' mind.

    Just look at what it has done to Europe.

    And none of this is meant to offend any Canadians on these boards. I don't apologize for how I feel.

    I agree 100%.

  14. #64
    MembersZone Subscriber
    voyager9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    I still don't understand how a marine is any better than anyone else.
    That fact is painfully obvious. You don't understand.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

  15. #65
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    That fact is painfully obvious. You don't understand.

    I suppose you're right, I don't understand.

    I understand how a marine would feel proud about their job, as I do in the fire department, but I still don't consider myself better than anyone else, like it seems the marines do...
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  16. #66
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    but I still don't consider myself better than anyone else, like it seems the marines do...
    Nor will you, it is obvious you have never taken a challenge that may be just a little more than you can accomplish on your own. But through an extra effort on your part and team work you achieve. Much like being on a title winning team, or in the case of the Marines, finishing the Crucible and being awarded the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor like so many great men before. You claim you are proud, fine. But until you sacrifice to achieve, you won't know honor or understand the honor afforded those that came before you.
    Until you grow up and learn what it's like to give a 110% in time, effort, and dedication, you will be nothing more than average.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  17. #67
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Nor will you, it is obvious you have never taken a challenge that may be just a little more than you can accomplish on your own. But through an extra effort on your part and team work you achieve. Much like being on a title winning team, or in the case of the Marines, finishing the Crucible and being awarded the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor like so many great men before. You claim you are proud, fine. But until you sacrifice to achieve, you won't know honor or understand the honor afforded those that came before you.
    Until you grow up and learn what it's like to give a 110% in time, effort, and dedication, you will be nothing more than average.
    I'll bet he gives 110% kicking those aliens butts on PlayStation.

  18. #68
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Nor will you, it is obvious you have never taken a challenge that may be just a little more than you can accomplish on your own. But through an extra effort on your part and team work you achieve. Much like being on a title winning team, or in the case of the Marines, finishing the Crucible and being awarded the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor like so many great men before. You claim you are proud, fine. But until you sacrifice to achieve, you won't know honor or understand the honor afforded those that came before you.
    Until you grow up and learn what it's like to give a 110% in time, effort, and dedication, you will be nothing more than average.
    I love how everyone pretends to have any idea of how I have lived my life, and pretend they know anything about me.

    Age has nothing to do with this at all, so no need to tell me to grow up. You know nothing about me, so don't pretend like you do.

    I don't need to tell people Im better than them. I make more money than all of my friends, do I rub their faces in it? No. Do I tell my friend Im better than him because Im a firefighter, and he plans to be a director of movies, and that theres no pride in directing movies? No. Thats stupid.

    Pride and honor are in the eye of the beholder.

    I never said the marines are easy. Its a choice those who join chose to make. They should be proud for completeing something that Im sure is very difficult, and something not many have done, but they don't need to be arrogant ****** and pretend they're better than anyone else. I refuse to ever believe that any marine is better than I am. They simply chose a different life path, and that was their decision. I don't give a $hit if you, or anyone else here thinks differently about me in anyway. I know what I have acomplished in my life so far, and its exactly what I have set out to do. I have a great relationship, and a job that I love. In 5 years time I plan to be a fulltime FF/Paramedic, married to my girlfriend, and having a couple kids. That is exactly what I wanted. I'll be damn proud if I can have all that.

    To tell me that I need to make sacrifices in order to be proud and have honor is rediculouse.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  19. #69
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I'll bet he gives 110% kicking those aliens butts on PlayStation.
    Oh, wow, Im glad we're keeping this discussion mature, and on topic.

    Do you see the irony of making fun of someone for being young and immature, while doing it in a childish way? Or the irony for making fun of someone playing playstation when hes trying to sell it because he never uses it or has time to play?

    Haha. Well done.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  20. #70
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    Oh, wow, Im glad we're keeping this discussion mature, and on topic.

    Do you see the irony of making fun of someone for being young and immature, while doing it in a childish way? Or the irony for making fun of someone playing playstation when hes trying to sell it because he never uses it or has time to play?

    Haha. Well done.
    You interpret it as "making fun", while all I am doing is stating painfully obvious facts.

  21. #71
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    You interpret it as "making fun", while all I am doing is stating painfully obvious facts.
    Painfully obvious facts? What, thats Im addicted to video games?

    What would it even matter if I was? How would that change anything at all?

    Am I immature because I am expressing my opinion on internet forum? Am I immature because I am trying to have a discussion, while all you guys can do is make pathetic attempts at trying to shoot me down because Im young and play video games from time to time?

    Well done.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  22. #72
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi, USA
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Oliecan How many Marines do you know? You act like everyone of us is an arrogant *****! You can kiss my *****! You tell that to The Twichell Family, or the Gober Family or the ten other Marines My Unit lost defending your sorry *****, I'm tired of you running your mouth. I may not be better than anyone else because I decided to serve my country but you make damn sure you realize that Those Marines who gave their lives are better men than anyone of us. Nobody gives a crap about your FF1 AND 2/Paramedic or about your friend who makes movies> This site is all about Firefighters so most people here are Firefighters. Just like me; and I also served my country but that does'nt make me an arrogant ***** does it? One thing you have to realize about Marines is they have a very proud heritage just like the Fire service sorry if that comes of arrogant to you! But until you truly put yourself in that type of environment you just won't get. So do us all a favor and shut your damn Pie holder.

  23. #73
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstrgs0405 View Post
    Oliecan How many Marines do you know? You act like everyone of us is an arrogant *****! You can kiss my *****! You tell that to The Twichell Family, or the Gober Family or the ten other Marines My Unit lost defending your sorry *****, I'm tired of you running your mouth. I may not be better than anyone else because I decided to serve my country but you make damn sure you realize that Those Marines who gave their lives are better men than anyone of us. Nobody gives a crap about your FF1 AND 2/Paramedic or about your friend who makes movies> This site is all about Firefighters so most people here are Firefighters. Just like me; and I also served my country but that does'nt make me an arrogant ***** does it? One thing you have to realize about Marines is they have a very proud heritage just like the Fire service sorry if that comes of arrogant to you! But until you truly put yourself in that type of environment you just won't get. So do us all a favor and shut your damn Pie holder.

    Absolutely. Thank you for your service, also.

  24. #74
    Forum Member
    OlieCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    McHenry
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstrgs0405 View Post
    Oliecan How many Marines do you know? You act like everyone of us is an arrogant *****! You can kiss my *****! You tell that to The Twichell Family, or the Gober Family or the ten other Marines My Unit lost defending your sorry *****, I'm tired of you running your mouth. I may not be better than anyone else because I decided to serve my country but you make damn sure you realize that Those Marines who gave their lives are better men than anyone of us. Nobody gives a crap about your FF1 AND 2/Paramedic or about your friend who makes movies> This site is all about Firefighters so most people here are Firefighters. Just like me; and I also served my country but that does'nt make me an arrogant ***** does it? One thing you have to realize about Marines is they have a very proud heritage just like the Fire service sorry if that comes of arrogant to you! But until you truly put yourself in that type of environment you just won't get. So do us all a favor and shut your damn Pie holder.

    Well said.

    I agree completely, not all Marines are arrogant ******. I was speaking about the people in this thread saying marines are better and have the most proud title in the world or whatever. I know 2 marines. 1 is a great guy, 1 is kinda an *******. Again, I have nothing wrong with the marine profession in anyway, I simply don't feel they're better than me, thats it.

    I support our military in every way, except most of the people who lead it. I don't agree with the war in Iraq, and I don't plan to get into that because its a whole new argument. I am greatful for the men and women in the armed forces doing what they're doing, they're brave, and they should be proud of what they're doing, but as I said before, I don't feel they're any better of a person than I am. Simply just a different path in life. I feel greatly sorry for their sacrifice, but the comment -"you make damn sure you realize that Those Marines who gave their lives are better men than anyone of us"- Again, I disagree with that. I feel sorry for their loss, but just because they died doesn't mean they're better than any one of us at all. I knew nothing about those people. Im sure you did, and maybe they were all great guys, but unless its someone I personally know, I don't know they are better than me at all.


    I think this basically all started off when (whoever it was) started saying being a marine is the most proud thing in the world or something, and basically saying they're the best thing ever... Whoever stated that, I will say is an arrogant *****. I took comments from others on this board, and took them as if the entier marin corps said them, I apologize for not thinking clearly in that aspect. I withdraw my comment about any marine being an arrogant ***** (unless they are) and I aim it at whoever said that, and also towards George and SPFDRum. They appear to be the arrogant ******.

    Everyone seems to skip over the parts of my posts where I clearly state that I have nothing wrong with marines, and I think their service is great... and they only look at the part that they blow way out of proportion about me saying I don't think they're better than I am. you're taking everything I say, and making it a direct attack on all marines ever, which is clearly not that case. reread any post I make a few times before you go running your mouth.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

  25. #75
    MembersZone Subscriber
    RoughRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Sorry Olie

    I understand where you’re coming from as far as your value system and share some of them as well. But...... I never served but I put all who do on a pedestal. If a certain swagger and confidence is the by product of the training so be it. Thank you all who served and especially those serve/ served in combat to keep my butt safe.

    God Bless you all.

    Semper Fi
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

    The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


    IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Survivors of war take fatal risks on roads
    By HeavyRescueTech in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
  2. Aid and Comfort to the Enemy
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 490
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 03:19 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 07-17-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 12:30 AM
  4. Any way you look at it, say no to Kerry
    By mohican in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register