Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    Ok, well, from what he has said, and i have heard, thats what I got out of it.

He has many different styles in HS. hardcore Punk, Greaser, Skin Head.

dispite if he was a true skinhead or not, I don't really care. My point was he was an *******.
    Yet he is willing to put his life on the line for his country and you are not.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

So are you basing your opinion of the Military or The United States Marine Corps on one ********* that's just ignorant and the reason people don't agree with you is because it sounds like you don't give a crap about anyone who serves wheather thats true or not thats how you come off.

I agree with this.

Same can be applied (in my case) at the fire station. There have been a few members who try and treat the probies like gargabe cause they are new, and they're probies, and then there are the guys who come up to me and say "Hey, you wanna learn something?" Of course I would.

Im not a child. I don't need to be yelled at to understand something, or to get a point across to me. treat me like an adult, and you'll see see me progress into one hell of a firefighter.

That technique the military has used always confused me.
    And confuse it may. With the years of experience that the military has,
    in turning out professionals, I guess my question would be what are your
    qualifications to call it wrong?

Basic training is what it is. Basic training. Most of the technical schools are very unlike basic, no yelling, just teaching. (Not to say that the yelling does not happen, but much less than basic)

Marines, Air Force, Navy, Army. We all know that each of them secretly yearn to be in the Air Force, but we need each service. I thank God that
    we have each of them, and pray that each and ever servicemember stays safe.

I mean come on, who is going to carry the Air Forces bags if we don't have the Marines? (thats a joke son...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrgs0405 View Post
    So are you basing your opinion of the Military or The United States Marine Corps on one ********* that's just ignorant and the reason people don't agree with you is because it sounds like you don't give a crap about anyone who serves wheather thats true or not thats how you come off.
    No not at all.

I will say it again...

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE MARINES!!!!

I simply said JUST BEING A MARINE DOESN'T MEAN YOU"RE BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE, YOU MUST EARN THE RESPECT BY YOUR ACTIONS, NOT YOUR TITLE.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

By the way, I was able to track down the ex BFs myspace page...

Real winner.

Spade tattoo on left arm (which I am to understand was a gang called "The Spades")

Confederate flag on left shoulder...

Wouldn't want to fight him, he probably has a knife on him.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    IACOJ

By the way, I was able to track down the ex BFs myspace page...

Real winner.

]

Sounds like your girlfriend has some real bad taste in men.

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Sounds like your girlfriend has some real bad taste in men.
    Good one.

Girls generally stop going for the "bad boy" after highschool.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Being a Marine is an Action I'm not saying you have to respect them your entitled to your opinion thats why we fight after all; Just be thankful for there service so you don't have to do it.

To Dennis, Vinnie, JAXFF, DaSharkie, Marines, Brothers from the other services, and patriots:

We have all done our part to protect the freedom of speech and, by extention, the idiocy exemplified by our young citizen OlieCan (and his Canadian friend). It is evident by now that he does not understand and cannot comprehend the honor, courage, and commitment, patriotism, and brotherhood that prompts us to take on the responsibility of defending the rights he does not appreciate. Let him go impress his Girlfriend with stories of how he stood up to such brave men anonymously on the internet. I, for one, will no longer indulge his delusions with further comment.

Hopefully, if he ever becomes a career firefighter, a veteran Brother will teach him to honor those who serve their community and their country, and he will be mature enough to see the error of his ways. Until then, the IGNORE function is a wonderful tool.

Semper Fidelis

Top V
    Last edited by gunnyv; 04-06-2007 at 02:37 PM.

And whats wrong with avoiding a fight? What would it accomplish?
    Maybe a hockey game would break out.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post

I mean come on, who is going to carry the Air Forces bags if we don't have the Marines? (thats a joke son...)
    I don't know the Army? And yes that is a joke as well!

Remember who puts the air in Airborne!

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyv View Post
    To Dennis, Vinnie, JAXFF, DaSharkie, Marines, Brothers from the other services, and patriots:

We have all done our part to protect the freedom of speech and, by extention, the idiocy exemplified by our young citizen OlieCan (and his Canadian friend). It is evident by now that he does not understand and cannot comprehend the honor, courage, and commitment, patriotism, and brotherhood that prompts us to take on the responsibility of defending the rights he does not appreciate. Let him go impress his Girlfriend with stories of how he stood up to such brave men anonymously on the internet. I, for one, will no longer indulge his delusions with further comment.

Hopefully, if he ever becomes a career firefighter, a veteran Brother will teach him to honor those who serve their community and their country, and he will be mature enough to see the error of his ways. Until then, the IGNORE function is a wonderful tool.

Semper Fidelis

Top V

I love how everyone here totally ignores my opinion, and makes it as if I hate the military.

I simply said all militay people are not above me, just because they are in the military.

You love putting words in my mouth though. I appreciate you defending my rights.
    My freedom of speech (which can be my opinion)
    and
    that all men are created equal.

I for one refuse to believe that me being a firefighter, someone being a Marine, and someone being printer makes any one of us more or less equal. Your career does not shape who you are.

STOP PUTTING ****ING WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I DO NOT HATE MARINES IN ANY WAY. READ MY GOD DAMN POSTS BEFORE YOU TYPE ANYTHING ELSE.

God damn, is it really that hard to read and comprehend what Im saying? You're all on a Oliecan bash fest and you don't even know what you're arguing against. Me not thinking they're ALL better than me, does NOT mean that I don't respect mostly all of them for their duties for this country. It takes balls to be in the armed forces, no doubt about it, but not everyone in the armed forces is the model citizen like you all make it seem.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

If avoiding a pointless fight, is cowardly, than Im a coward.

Personally, I would call it smart.

I suppose its all how you were raised. Attacking someone with no positive outcome is stupid. I was raised that fighting is wrong. Me and my sister used to fight as children, and we would get yelled at. hitting eachother accomplished nothing except both of us being in pain. I agree that sometimes fighting is needed (like in some military applications) but when it can avoided, I feel it should be avoided.

Its ignorant to fight for no reason.
    You are a coward. Attack someone? No. You would be defending yourself and your girlfriend. Speaking of your girlfriend, did it occur to you that this guy was commiting domestic violence? Threats and harrasment constitute domestic violence. You should have called the police and let her get a restraining order to protect herself.

You are a coward. Fight for no reason? Of course you had a reason. He was going to attack you. Instead of going to YOUR house, you went and hid under your friend's bed. You think he is going to go away? I wouldn't be surprised to find out he is back with your girlfriend in a week. Hell you were easy.

You wanna keep going?

Girls generally stop going for the "bad boy" after highschool.

This shows how little life experience you truly have. Spend a few years riding a bus or working in an ED and you will realize that many women still go after the badboys. Usually to their detriment.

And I do believe that I am the one you referred to as saying Marines are better than anyone else.

You are wrong. I simply stated that we have earned the title of Marine and thus it should be capitalized. It is no different than being call an american or canadian (no capitalization intentional.) Nowhere did I say that Marines are better than anyone, only that they were some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know. And that this selfish little worm who can't handle the consequences of hsi actions does not deserve the honor and privilege of serving with such fine men and women.

It is disrepectful, grammatically incorrect, and in poor form to do it intentionally.
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 04-06-2007 at 06:56 PM.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Threats and harrasment constitute domestic violence.
    Maybe in your books George. I know yours is the Official Version, and all, but in mine what is described in that one sentence is Terrorism in its milder format. I know its a somewhat wider viewpoint and probably slightly skewed, but when I state it that way to others, it tends to get the point across. As you can understand I am sure, I take a rather hard line against such things and tend to not take very kindly to those who would make threats of that kind. Heck, I dont even take kindly to someone questioning my integrity, and tend to react very badly to that too.

Violence for the sake of violence is a waste of time, resources and effort. However when there is a clear objective, sometimes (not always) it is the best/only course of action. I too would rather avoid a fight, but when push comes to shove, all bets are off.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Maybe in your books George. I know yours is the Official Version, and all, but in mine what is described in that one sentence is Terrorism in its milder format. I know its a somewhat wider viewpoint and probably slightly skewed, but when I state it that way to others, it tends to get the point across. As you can understand I am sure, I take a rather hard line against such things and tend to not take very kindly to those who would make threats of that kind. Heck, I dont even take kindly to someone questioning my integrity, and tend to react very badly to that too.

Violence for the sake of violence is a waste of time, resources and effort. However when there is a clear objective, sometimes (not always) it is the best/only course of action. I too would rather avoid a fight, but when push comes to shove, all bets are off.
    Not in my books, but in the legal books. In most states, threats and harassment against someone you had a dating relationship with, or someone that is associated with them in that context, is domestic violence.

It is ludicrous and absurd to think that threatening to kick a guy's *** because he is going out with his ex-girlfriend is terrorism. In fact, it cheapens the word.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    If there was ONE fire department or one janitorial service you would have a point, but there is onlu ONE United States Marine Corps, and so the term Marine is a proper noun and thus is capitalized.
    Which is why USMC is properly capitalized and marines is not. The former is a proper name, the latter is a general category. If you want to go on capitalizing it as an idiosyncracy, that's fine.

A major component in most military basic training is essentially brainwashing. The techniques are old, tried, and true. The psychology is simple and effective. Remove individuality; break any resistance to absolute authority; gain mental and emotional dominance; then re-educate to suit. Nobody is questioning whether it works: the same techniques are used around the world by militaries and other cults alike.

If anyone here were to question how ethical that is, they wouldn't be the first.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Not in my books, but in the legal books. In most states, threats and harassment against someone you had a dating relationship with, or someone that is associated with them in that context, is domestic violence.

It is ludicrous and absurd to think that threatening to kick a guy's *** because he is going out with his ex-girlfriend is terrorism. In fact, it cheapens the word.
    Geore, when I wrote "your books" I was actually referencing the legal aspect, and law enforcement, not you personally.

As for the rest of it, I have to offer a differing opinion. I said that domestic violence as the situation was presented, issue of threats and harassment was terrorism in its mildest form. In this case I was thinking of it in a larger sense than just one person posing threats to aonther. The real point that I try to make with that statement is to get the image across. Most people who have never experienced "domestic violence" have no concept of it. But everyone has seen the greater levels of terrorism in the news and that is what I try to express.

The grassroots of terrorism starts with threats and harassment, when that fails to gain the desired effect, it escalates into the use of force. When that fails, it gets worse. That is what my statements are born from. I realize that my definition is very broad but as I say, it generally gets the point across.

Also consider the news recently. At least two high school students have been either suspended or charged with "terrorist" acts. The latest one was from Arizona (?) trying to recreate Columbine. There was one earlier, a month ago or so too. As early at 7 years ago, he would have been charged with "domestic violence", now this kid is going to be charged for terrorist activities in adult court.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Which is why USMC is properly capitalized and marines is not. The former is a proper name, the latter is a general category. If you want to go on capitalizing it as an idiosyncracy, that's fine.

A major component in most military basic training is essentially brainwashing. The techniques are old, tried, and true. The psychology is simple and effective. Remove individuality; break any resistance to absolute authority; gain mental and emotional dominance; then re-educate to suit. Nobody is questioning whether it works: the same techniques are used around the world by militaries and other cults alike.

If anyone here were to question how ethical that is, they wouldn't be the first.
    Wow, I was brainwashed? They must not have done a good job on me then.

I have a simple outlook about authority, and it has gotten me in trouble before.

"Respect that has to be demanded, obiviously was not earned."
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Geore, when I wrote "your books" I was actually referencing the legal aspect, and law enforcement, not you personally.

As for the rest of it, I have to offer a differing opinion. I said that domestic violence as the situation was presented, issue of threats and harassment was terrorism in its mildest form. In this case I was thinking of it in a larger sense than just one person posing threats to aonther. The real point that I try to make with that statement is to get the image across. Most people who have never experienced "domestic violence" have no concept of it. But everyone has seen the greater levels of terrorism in the news and that is what I try to express.

The grassroots of terrorism starts with threats and harassment, when that fails to gain the desired effect, it escalates into the use of force. When that fails, it gets worse. That is what my statements are born from. I realize that my definition is very broad but as I say, it generally gets the point across.

Also consider the news recently. At least two high school students have been either suspended or charged with "terrorist" acts. The latest one was from Arizona (?) trying to recreate Columbine. There was one earlier, a month ago or so too. As early at 7 years ago, he would have been charged with "domestic violence", now this kid is going to be charged for terrorist activities in adult court.

Legally speaking, threats from one person specifically to another person is in no way, shape of form terrorism.

Thread Information