+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Grunts

G overment
    R ejects
    U nfit
    N aval
    T raining

hahahaahahahahahaaaa. **and I can say that because I AM a Grunt! Although I have also completed Naval training and shipboard time as well
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 04-11-2007 at 12:50 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I have always called them Frogs. It is not meant as disrespect. And I always capitalize the "F" when I do it.

Also recall that one is gramatically correct (the capitalizing of "F") and one is not (not doing so.) Ergo, I also correct on those grounds - but that was in my prior posts multiple times so I thought that there was no need to repeat it. I guess I will have to do so in the future for those who choose not to read ALL the posts.

And since I am of about 85% French heritage, I can say Frog all I want.

For the record - I also capitalize the "G" when I refer to God's loved creatures:

Grunts!
    Are you done yet?
    Last edited by ruffrydausmc; 04-11-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Forum Member

Exclamation

[QUOTE=MalahatTwo7;793230]I was going to try to put this to another thread, but it sorta begged to be an individual. This story brings up a bit of a mixed bag of thoughts. We've seen a few soldiers claims for contientious objector status that raised a huge ruckus because of their methods. The story here has a different bend on the same problem. Oddly, as a soldier myself, if things are as they have been reported, I see no problem with this case. Seems to me that he has stated his difficulty with care and attention and in an appropriate manner. Maybe?

He should have not been allowed to graduate Boot Camp. He should in all likelihood been discharged as an undesirable and put out of the Corps!

Had he been in during the 1960’s and 1970’s, he probably would have been sent to Vietnam. He may have survived that but I am thinking differently. He would have probably been taken down for his thinking, had he made his displeasure know while in country! But he would have been given a hero’s funeral. Any way he would have been squelched!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Then again,he could be trying to pretend that he IS that tough so no one would take him on and find out for sure.
    Believe it or not,there's folks that pretend to be what they aren't because they didn't have the nads to actually become what they wish to be.They're easy to pick out of a crowd because they brag about stuff the real ones would be quiet about.

Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    By the way, I was able to track down the ex BFs myspace page...

Real winner.

Wouldn't want to fight him, he probably has a knife on him.

Forum Member

Here's another one. This guy was happy to let the military pay for his medical school and is now saying he's a CO. Sorry pal, put on the uniform and do the duty you have sworn to or take ask for a dishonorable discharge and pay back all the money plus interest. He's probably just PO'd because he has to live on a Captains pay now. Poor soul.

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs...ETRO/704110409

Judge orders doctor to do Army duty

Waterford man claims conscientious objector status after military paid for his schooling.

Paul Egan / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- A federal judge has rejected the conscientious objector claims of a doctor who paid his way through medical school on a scholarship from the U.S. Army Reserve but balked when called up to active duty.

Capt. Ryan Hae Kwon, 40, sued the Army in October, asking U.S. District Judge Avern Cohn to compel the Army to discharge him as a conscientious objector.

But in a ruling Monday, Cohn refused. It's not clear yet whether Cohn's decision will be appealed, one of Kwon's lawyers, Cynthia Heenan, said Tuesday.

"The timing of (Kwon's) application raises a question as to his sincerity," Cohn said in the ruling, which also cited the fact several Army officials who reviewed Kwon's case did not find his claims to be credible.

Kwon, who lived in Waterford Township and worked as an anesthesiologist at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital before he was ordered to report to an Army base in Tacoma, Wash., received about $106,000 through an Army scholarship program between 1998 and 2002, according to documents filed in the case.

Kwon stated in his scholarship application that he was not a conscientious objector. But he claimed the status on Dec. 21, 2005, at about the time he was told to prepare for a call-up for active duty.

An Army major who investigated Kwon's claim found that he was sincere, but other officials who reviewed the case did not.

"This application reads as an opportunity gone awry as (Kwon) discovered the full consequences of his obligation and opted to flee his decision through a feigned CO (conscientious objector) application," one official wrote.

Kwon and his primary attorney, Louis Font of Brookline, Mass., could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Cohn noted that by Kwon's own admission, his conscientious objector beliefs crystallized as he was preparing his conscientious objector application.

The judge said he agreed with the Army that conscientious objector beliefs must be "firm, fixed and sincere" before the writing of the application.

Kwon was born in South Korea and moved to Hawaii with his family at age 7.

You can reach Paul Egan at (313) 222-2069 or pegan@detnews.com.

More Metro/State Headlines
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 04-11-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydausmc View Post
    Are you done yet?
    Nope.

You want me to NOT address teh things you throw at me? Don't count on it.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Nope.

You want me to NOT address teh things you throw at me? Don't count on it.
    And what exactly did I throw at you? You spelled the wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydausmc View Post
    And what exactly did I throw at you? You spelled the wrong.
    You asked if I was done with divergent opinion from yours.

The word "the" was spelt incorrectly because I typed fast and the letters entered in the incorrect order. I suppose that you have never done the same and that you run every post through your spell-check every time.

Excuse me if I am not as great, special, and wonderful as you.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Angry "Actually...most of the US doesny understand us."

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    Huh? The guy is weak....the guy that commited suicide was even weaker. yes I said it....suicide boy was weak. If he can not take the hard ships of boot camp...then he sure as hell isn't going to take the hardships of combat. I would rather someone commit suicide than have everyone on the patrol zapped because he was "stressed out".

It is unfortunate that someone commited suicide, but chances are...the guy that did it wasn't all roses and cupcakes anyway...he probably came in with some sort of a problem.

And yes you would hate to be in my unit. Our job is to kill people...that is why we exist. There is no room for weakness or people with no heart.

Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYVBlXGuVYg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_yXD5kE2...elated&search=

If you don't understand these videos...then you don't understand our thought process. Actually...most of the US doesn't understand us.
    "Most"...I think not, friend. All of you "Marines" have wives, sisters, mothers, fathers, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandparents, civilian employers and peers, civilian friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, fiances', best friends, sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, etc.,etc,etc. who the he.... do you think is praying their b..ts off and sending you "care" packages, writing you letters, calling you whenever they are able, giving your names to the pastors of their churches for the entire planet to pray for your safety...who the hell do you imagine in your heads is doing that?????Other Marines over there with you????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer737 View Post
    "Most"...I think not, friend. All of you "Marines" have wives, sisters, mothers, fathers, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandparents, civilian employers and peers, civilian friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, fiances', best friends, sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, etc.,etc,etc. who the he.... do you think is praying their b..ts off and sending you "care" packages, writing you letters, calling you whenever they are able, giving your names to the pastors of their churches for the entire planet to pray for your safety...who the hell do you imagine in your heads is doing that?????Other Marines over there with you????
    Way to bring back a dead thread my friend.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer737 View Post

Brokeback Iraq
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

Thread Information