MembersZone Subscriber

Default R-Rated Movie Plays In Wrong Theater

BY JENNIFER MALONEY
    jennifer.maloney@newsday.com

April 6, 2007, 12:19 AM EDT

Young moviegoers expecting to see a PG-rated film last night at a Holtsville theater instead watched in shock as a chained, naked woman gave birth to a dead baby on the screen.

About 50 parents and children were in Theater 11 at the Island 16 multiplex for the 8 p.m. showing of the PG-rated "The Last Mimzy," when the opening scene of the R-rated "The Hills Have Eyes 2" appeared without warning before the film's opening credits.

"There was no intro," said John Nasta, 42, of East Islip. "It was horrifying."

His daughter, Nicole, 11, described the scene as "sick -- very sick."

"She said, 'I'm never getting married,'" John Nasta said last night at the theater.

Frank Doll, 31, of Mastic, said his children started screaming when they saw the torture scene.

"It just freaked me out and it was gross," said his daughter, Jaida Doll, 9, who was there with her brother, Frankie, 3.

When the scene appeared, Stephanie Toledo, also 3, asked her father: "What's happening, dad? Why is she like that?"

"There's no words," said her father, Carlos Toledo, 44, of Islandia.

Nasta said the previews also were not child-friendly but, "everyone disregarded that as poor taste."

Nasta said he ushered his daughter out of the theater. Other parents ran out to tell Island 16 staff, some screaming at a manager. Theater staff stopped the film after about 10 minutes, gave customers two free movie vouchers and started "The Last Mimzy" about a half-hour late, parents said. An Island 16 manager declined to comment. "The Hills Have Eyes 2," a horror movie about National Guard trainees who battle a vicious group of mutants, was scheduled to play in that theater at 10:25 p.m.

Staff writer Gregg Sarra contributed to this story. Copyright 2007 Newsday Inc.

Forum Member

Every ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer in the area will be lining up.. I can see the ad now...

"Have your children been psychologically traumatized by seeing the wrong movie?

Have you family values been forever corrupted by the corporately owned cinemas?

Let Dewey, Screwem and Howe get you the money you deserve! Call 1-800- LAWSUIT!"
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

One of the EMT-Ps on my old department is also a lawyer.He doesn't have to chase ambulances when he's already in it.

[QUOTE=CaptainGonzo;794000]Every ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer in the area will be lining up.. I can see the ad now...

QUOTE]

Forum Member

But that would be unethi...oh, wait, he's a lawyer.

=========
    So a lawyer has an ethical dilema.

A client came in, received half an hour of advice, and paid the $100 fee with a crisp new, $100 bill.

As the client is walking out the door, the lawyer noticed it was actually two crisp new $100 bills stuck together.

Should he tell his partner?

MembersZone Subscriber

as a kid in that theater.... I'd be giving two thumbs up.

Forum Member

I can see how they would screw up putting The Last Mimzy on the screen and The Hills Have Eyes 2. I mean they both have The in the name.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

I wish that would have happened to me several years back when I was dragged to see "Sleepless in Seattle".

MembersZone Subscriber

Hell, your lucky. At least you had Meg Ryan.

I got drug to Spongebob Squarepants

Thread Information