MembersZone Subscriber

Default Near Miss and Survival Stories

Nevermind.........obviously a waste of time.
    Last edited by MG3610; 04-07-2007 at 04:20 AM.

Forum Member

Man we almost had a bad one the other night. You talk about "Near Miss".

We ordered three pizzas from the place down the road 3 for $15.00. Best pizza in the district. Well as we pull in front of the pizza place we get a call for a house fire way over on the other side of town. While enroute "Eng. 3" arrives on scene and calls a working house fire with exposure 2 burning also...

Well its one of those where you can see the smoke from several blocks away...and you need your mask on just to make it to the front door. Well we get it all knocked down and put out. Hoses are rolled up and such...THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN...one of my guys yells, "hey Capt'n, it's 2045hrs and the pizza place closes at 2100hrs". Oh man...we better go. Good thing we staged our truck "level 1" and we were not blocked in at all. We got cleared to go and off we went. The whole way wondering if they still had our pizzas...there's just no way!!!

Well...they did. The lady said that she saw us pull up the depart with our lights on so she kept the pizzas warm for us. She even told us that if we wanted that she would make us some new ones. We said no thanks. We were used to eating old food we thought, plus we were starving. So back to the station we go with ourtwo hour old pizzas.

Well the pizza turned out to be GREAT!!! That was one close call...almost wrecked the whole night. But thank God we had nice fresh pizza.

Take care and be safe,
    MEDIC-0372
    Last edited by MEDIC0372; 04-06-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEDIC0372 View Post
    Man we almost had a bad one the other night. You talk about "Near Miss".

We ordered three pizzas from the place down the road 3 for $15.00. Best pizza in the district. Well as we pull in front of the pizza place we get a call for a house fire way over on the other side of town. While enroute "Eng. 3" arrives on scene and calls a working house fire with exposure 2 burning also...

Well its one of those where you can see the smoke from several blocks away...and you need your mask on just to make it to the front door. Well we get it all knocked down and put out. Hoses are rolled up and such...THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN...one of my guys yells, "hey Capt'n, it's 2045hrs and the pizza place closes at 2100hrs". Oh man...we better go. Good thing we staged our truck "level 1" and we were not blocked in at all. We got cleared to go and off we went. The whole way wondering if they still had our pizzas...there's just no way!!!

Well...they did. The lady said that she saw us pull up the depart with our lights on so she kept the pizzas warm for us. She even told us that if we wanted that she would make us some new ones. We said no thanks. We were used to eating old food we thought, plus we were starving. So back to the station we go with ourtwo hour old pizzas.

Well the pizza turned out to be GREAT!!! That was one close call...almost wrecked the whole night. But thank God we had nice fresh pizza.

Take care and be safe,
    MEDIC-0372
    Damn Brother! That was a close call!

Glad everyone made it through ok!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

I nearly missed a tree one morning on my way to work. The tree won... I miss that truck.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    I nearly missed a tree one morning on my way to work. The tree won... I miss that truck.
    Reminds me of a George Carlin routine when he was on a rant about air travel: A near miss is a collision as in "they nearly missed each other". If they missed, then it is a near collision.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    Nevermind.........obviously a waste of time.

Brother / Sister ...I am sorry. It is not a waste of time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MEDIC0372 View Post
    Brother / Sister ...I am sorry. It is not a waste of time.
    I can appreciate a good laugh and sarcasm, but you derailed something I thought would have been a good learning place.

Thread Information