Forum Member

Default LODD- Ceredo WV- Christopher Jaros

CEREDO — The Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department announced the death of a firefighter Saturday morning.

Firefighter Christopher Jaros died in the line of duty shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday.

Jaros was responding in his personal vehicle to the main Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department station on B Street when he was involved in an automobile accident. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident occurred on U.S. Route 60, just west of the Mose A. Napier Bridge in Ceredo.

The Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department had been called to respond to another automobile accident when the collision involving Jaros occurred.

The driver of the second vehicle involved in the accident was transported to Saint Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington by Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department paramedics. The name of the individual is being withheld pending official notification of immediate family members. Troopers from the Wayne Department of the West Virginia State Police are investigating the incident.

Jaros entered public service with the Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department on March 7, 2004. He actively served his community until his death. He is survived by his wife, Sarah, and three children. The fire department has assigned a liaison work with and assist the family in any possible manner.

Memorial services for Jaros will be announced as promptly as they are arranged.
    The Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department , which was chartered in 1955, reported that Jaros was the first to pass away in the line of duty in the department’s history.

I'll post up when his memorial service will be when it is announced.

Forum Member

Default Christopher Jaros Memorial

My condolences to the Jaros family and the Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department of West Virginia. FireFighter Christopher Jaros, 24, a three year veteran of the Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department, died Saturday April 7, 2007. Christopher was responding in his personal vehicle to the main fire station for an alarm when he was involved in a two-car motor vehicle accident. Christopher was ejected and died at the scene of the accident on Route 60. I have created a permanent memorial for Christopher on my website. More news, information, and photos can be found at:
    http://www.firefightinglinks.com/cjaros.html

If there is any additional information or photos you would like added to this memorial, please contact me.

Stay Safe

Shawn McDonald
    [firefightinglinks@snet.net]

Quote Originally Posted by shawnmcdonald View Post
    My condolences to the Jaros family and the Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department of West Virginia. FireFighter Christopher Jaros, 24, a three year veteran of the Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department, died Saturday April 7, 2007. Christopher was responding in his personal vehicle to the main fire station for an alarm when he was involved in a two-car motor vehicle accident. Christopher was ejected and died at the scene of the accident on Route 60. I have created a permanent memorial for Christopher on my website. More news, information, and photos can be found at:
    http://www.firefightinglinks.com/cjaros.html

If there is any additional information or photos you would like added to this memorial, please contact me.

Stay Safe

Shawn McDonald
    [firefightinglinks@snet.net]
    Thank you shawn.
    I am Christopher's dad and wanted to post the times of the services.

Wed. visitation from 6-8pm

Thursday funeral 11am

Both will be at the Kenova United Methodist church.

A fund has been set up at the United Bank of Ceredo for his wife and 3 children.

Christopher Jaros Fireman's fund
    c/o United Bank of Ceredo
    PO Box 607
    Ceredo, WV 25507

God Bless you all

Default Here are some pictures:

1. Grandma with three daughters.
    2. Chris with the baby
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Member

more info:

CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL JAROS, 24, of Huntington, husband of Sara Bethany Smith Jaros, died Saturday. He was employed as an oven operator at AK Steel. Funeral 11 a.m. Thursday, Kenova United Methodist Church; burial in Ridgelawn Memorial Park, Huntington. Visitation from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the church. Rollins Funeral Home, Kenova, is assisting the family.

Herald-Dispatch online photo gallery of the 50+ fire apparatus procession from Ceredo, through Huntington and in to Barboursville, W.Va. Sure is an impressive brotherhood firefighters have.

Herald-Dispatch online photo gallery of the 50+ fire apparatus procession from Ceredo, through Huntington and in to Barboursville, W.Va. Sure is an impressive brotherhood firefighters have.

http://www.hdonline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=412007&Ref=PH

HM

Forum Member

Default thank you

A very big thank you from the Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department for all of your support and words of encouragment. "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends" - John 15:13

Brett Hutchinson - Ceredo Voluntee Fire Department - unit 665

Forum Member

My condolences from across the ocean.

Thread Information