MembersZone Subscriber

Default Aluminized Blanket

Well with continued use, our aluminized blanket is in need of replacement. I have tried with many suppliers, and I can't find anyone that provides this product anymore. We are looking at aprox 6' X 6'. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

We bought ours from this company, www.specialserviceandsupply.com, many years ago. They still show they blankets on their web site. I don't know if it is current, but it is still on the net.

How many of you remember Owen B. Streeper (OB)? Special Service and Supply is the company that he and his son were operating many moons ago.

I don't know why the space is appearing between the o and the m in .com, but there is none in the typed message.

Forum Member

I remember Owen and the BOSS Tool. The company was sold a couple of years ago, however supposedly remains in business.

You may simply consider a welding blanket, maybe less $$$
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

Forum Member

Beyond a shadow of doudt the newest,neatest, bestest product has to be the Pyro Blanket from Kovenex. This is a fire proof, snag proof, glass shroud proof blanket that has been a great addition to TERC and the TERC comp cicuit. Many teams have used it with rave reviews. The people at Kovenex have been more then happy to provide blankets for the pits to use as their testing grounds. And NO, I do not rep them or sell them, just doing my part to share knowledge and the awareness of a great new product. Look them up at www.pyroblanket.com.

By the way, they make a fantastic line of extrication and structure gloves also.

Zmag

MembersZone Subscriber

We got our last aluminized fiberglass blankets from a welding supply company. A few months ago, we replaced them all with the pyroblankets and have been very satisfied with them. They are easy to wash and easier to handle, particually in cold weather.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Thanks for the replys. I am new here and what an asset to the service. Ordered two pyroblankets today. Be safe.

Thread Information