Thread: Pierce Arrow XT

Forum Member

Default Pierce Arrow XT

As a committee we have decided on an Arrow XT. Pierce was nice enough to send us to their monster of a factory on "their dime" to see our original interest the Velocity. Interesting enough there was not a completed Velocity to look at. So we went with the Arrow XT.

So if any folks here have experience good and bad with Pierce, Arrow XT, and so on I would be happy to hear about.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemanwill28 View Post
    As a committee we have decided on an Arrow XT. Pierce was nice enough to send us to their monster of a factory on "their dime" to see our original interest the Velocity. Interesting enough there was not a completed Velocity to look at. So we went with the Arrow XT.

So if any folks here have experience good and bad with Pierce, Arrow XT, and so on I would be happy to hear about.
    We have three Pierce Saber pumpers in our fleet, 1994 to 2003. They build a good solid truck. Having said that, their trucks aren't what they used to be, but whose are anymore.

I think their truck age gracefully. The 1994 looks very good for its age.

The Pierce factory is one of the best laid out and cleanest I have seen.

When you draw up your specs, you'll likely find that Pierce wants to build their truck a certain way. They don't like to do lots of really custom work.

We have had parts acquisition problems with Pierce. That's probably my largest complaint.

I'm sure you've already been told they won't be your low bidder.

I live about 4 miles from a dept that took delivery of an XT about 3 months ago. Haven't got by to see it yet though.

There are both Pierce haters and Pierce loyalists on this forum. I am neither, rather offering honest feedback from 13 years experience operating and maintaining Pierce apparatus.

Would I but another one? Yes. Would I consider any other brand? Absolutely.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The Pierce Arrow XT is most likely the best heavy duty chassis cab that pierce builds, hard wired , no plastic dash board, HD cooling ,the only motors are from " CAT & DD ". Go with the Arrow XT you will not be sorry !....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 04-12-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Forum Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our department just picked up our first Arrow XT. It came to my station last week. A little early to give my full blown impression, but so far everyone that has used it including myself, loves it!
    It rides nice, brakes nice and drives nice. It has a 425 hp DD which is smaller than the quantums that we use, but it is more than enough power.
    It is easy to see out of, and great to work off of.
    So far I haven't found a thing that I don't like.
    And,,, it is one good looking rig.
    I'll be able to give you more info as I spend more time working off of it.

Thread Information