Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Ocean City, Maryland

Heading down in a few weeks for a golf trip with the boys. Any guys from there or that have been there, know of any good bars- regular and "adult"? Also looking for some good restaurants, especially a steakhouse.

If you dont go anywhere else in OCM, you GOTTA go to SEACRETS. Trust me. Do the words "Meat market" mean anything to you? The nice thing about Seacrets is that it is usually a good stop year-round, not just during the summer.

The Purple Moose is also a good stop. The Firehouse Tavern, though blase for you and I, is usually a fun stop. These are more seasonal places though. And Hooters, of course, is guaranteed to have eye candy.

Dont know about their steaks, but if they are as good as their seafood is, Phillips Crabhouse may be worth looking into.

One of the better hotels- I am thinking the Holiday Inn Oceanfront, has a nice resturant I took someone to once- I remember having good filet mignon.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber ftfdverbenec770's Avatar

one word of advice when it comes to east coast steaks, mostly maryland steaks, they arent anything great. now i come from the mid west, kansas city where we know BBQ, and what i had that night was not a steak. If your going to be in OC, have some crab or some sort of seafood. your not going to find any better crab anywhere.

There is one place, i cant remeber the name of it, that we went to and it was really good food. Its some restraunt that caught fire a few years ago, the owner rebuilt, and is back up and running. we got some deal for $25, it was all you could eat crabs, shrimp, ribs, fries, etc. It was really cool cause they just put down some brown wrapping paper on the table, poured the foot on the table in piles, and you just went at it. for some reason hoopers is in my head, but i could be totally wrong.
    Your a daisy if you do.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ftfdverbenec770 View Post
    There is one place, i cant remember the name of it, that we went to and it was really good food. Its some restraunt that caught fire a few years ago, the owner rebuilt, and is back up and running. we got some deal for $25, it was all you could eat crabs, shrimp, ribs, fries, etc. It was really cool cause they just put down some brown wrapping paper on the table, poured the foot on the table in piles, and you just went at it. for some reason hoopers is in my head, but i could be totally wrong.
    No, You are right, it's Hoopers Crab House on Rt. 50 in West Ocean City. My vote on the Best Restaurant in Ocean City goes to Harrison's at the Inlet. Fine Dining overlooking the inlet area. 2nd Place goes to Captain Buntings on the Bayside, at the end of Talbot St. 3rd Place award is the Bonfire on Coastal Highway, midtown. A bit pricey, but worth it. The posts above that mention a few watering holes are right on the money. I've spent a week or two in Ocean City for the last 60 (Yeah, 60) years, so I've been to a few of the Restaurants and Bars there myself..... The Maryland State Firemens Association's Annual Convention has been held in Ocean City EVERY year since 1968, and it's usually a Firefighter Friendly place.

Callaway, Y'all going to play Eagles Landing course?? It's a good one.

And Last, ftfdverbenec: Do you folks out there realize just how much you ruin a good steak by letting it get near BarBQue Sauce?? Steaks are meant to be eaten with a tinge of Salt and Pepper applied while Grilling, and nothing else. Putting BBQ sauce on a good steak is like going to bed with a fully dressed woman..........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    No, You are right, it's Hoopers Crab House on Rt. 50 in West Ocean City. My vote on the Best Restaurant in Ocean City goes to Harrison's at the Inlet. Fine Dining overlooking the inlet area. 2nd Place goes to Captain Buntings on the Bayside, at the end of Talbot St. 3rd Place award is the Bonfire on Coastal Highway, midtown. A bit pricey, but worth it. The posts above that mention a few watering holes are right on the money. I've spent a week or two in Ocean City for the last 60 (Yeah, 60) years, so I've been to a few of the Restaurants and Bars there myself..... The Maryland State Firemens Association's Annual Convention has been held in Ocean City EVERY year since 1968, and it's usually a Firefighter Friendly place.

Callaway, Y'all going to play Eagles Landing course?? It's a good one.

And Last, ftfdverbenec: Do you folks out there realize just how much you ruin a good steak by letting it get near BarBQue Sauce?? Steaks are meant to be eaten with a tinge of Salt and Pepper applied while Grilling, and nothing else. Putting BBQ sauce on a good steak is like going to bed with a fully dressed woman..........
    I'm going to an outing down there in June. Eagle's Landing is on the list. Looks like a tough one.

Amen to the steaks. But a little garlic is OK.

Thumbs up Ok.....................

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I'm going to an outing down there in June. Eagle's Landing is on the list. Looks like a tough one.

Amen to the steaks. But a little garlic is OK.
    George, I'll be in town from the 16th thru the 23rd. The MSFA Convention is that week, and our golf tournament is on the 21st or 22nd.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll be there 1-4. You think I'd be crazy enough to go down there when there is a fire fighters convention?

Talking Uhhhh........

I'll be there 1-4. You think I'd be crazy enough to go down there when there is a fire fighters convention?

In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Awwweeeee com'on George! Where's your sense of Adventure? LOL I was at the Convention with Harve and Laura last year, was a good time.

And yes, the Purple Moose is .... ummm... interesting......
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Harve, I will have a list of courses we're playing in a day or two, hope they're not dog tracks. Good info on the restaurants, the boys will appreciate it. None of us have ever been there, it's always Myrtle Beach. I forgot in my OP to ask about the seafood, I hear it's very good. The boys love a good hearty meal before a night of debauchery. ftfdverbanec770, that place sounds like a good one. Keep it coming, as I said, I'm going down there blind!! Thanks for the Info.

Forum Member

Two Words GREEN TURTLE!
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber ftfdverbenec770's Avatar

i didnt mean put bbq sauce on a steak, i just mean bbq in general, ribs, sandwiches, steak etc. but really, a little gates sauce or kc masterpiece goes good on anything.
    Your a daisy if you do.

Talking Nope.................

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey View Post
    Two Words GREEN TURTLE!

Sorry Mike, it's the

GREENE TURTLE
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

bars......there's actually too many to list them all here....what kind of bar are you looking for??? my favs include the Bearded Clam on Wicomico ST near the inlet, Purple Moose at Atlantic AV on the boards.......Seacrets is overrated by many of the locals but should be a good place to go this time of year

restaurants......Carrabba's and Waterman's, both on RT 50 in West OC, Blue Ox Steakhouse on 126th ST, Fresco's at 82d ST........Hooper's isn't bad but I prefer Waterman's

Forum Member

Heading out on Saturday. Thanks for the info. I wrote down the places to hit. How's the weather going to be down there for the next few days? Harve, we are playing Eagle's Landing, Bay Club West, Links@Lighthouse Sound, Bear Trap Dunes, and Bay Club East. Praying it doesn't rain much for the next week.Thanks again Guys.

Forecast looks good. Low 70's and sunny last I checked. Also if you like italian food, try Fresco's it's on the bayside can't remeber which street. But they have some of the best food I can remember and decent prices.

Forum Member

70 would be nice!! Thanks bro...

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by callaway75 View Post
    70 would be nice!! Thanks bro...
    Are you talking ambient air temperature or the score on your golf card?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Talking Yeah, Right......

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Are you talking ambient air temperature or the score on your golf card?
    A pencil can adjust the scorecard, but the temperature is harder to work with....
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Quote Originally Posted by ftfdverbenec770 View Post
    i didnt mean put bbq sauce on a steak, i just mean bbq in general, ribs, sandwiches, steak etc. but really, a little gates sauce or kc masterpiece goes good on anything.

Its not BBQ unless it is PORK and has VINEGAR.

PS
    KC is good on chicken on the grill maybe, but you cant confuse it with the real thing.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Thread Information