Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Roof training prop procedures

Does anyone out there have a roof prop training procedure or policy for use they would be willing to share?
    thanks!

Forum Member

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for here. There are several types of roof prop's out there, and even more things you can do with them. So are you possibly looking for JPR's(step by step performance) on ventilation, for example?

Forum Member

yeah...If you have a simulator, get on it and practice opening the roof....why does everything,everything,everythi ng on this job have to have a formal proceedure thought up...try this for formal proceedure when using a roof simulator.."use your common sense"

Forum Member

Just an assumption, but I do beliebe he's looking for JPR's. I do believe that it's good to have training guidelines and procedures to be in writting and followed by all instructors for the purpose that everyone is trained the same way. Not one group being trained different than another. If this is done you might have problems with personnel working an operation together who have been trained differently. If JPR's are what you're after, try this link: http://www.alabamafirecollege.org/de...gram/rpff1.htm

This is a link for the Alabame Fire College Firefighter I/II Course JPR's. They are extremely thorough, I'm sure there's something in there for roof operations. Hope this helps somehow

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter1023 View Post
    Just an assumption, but I do beliebe he's looking for JPR's. I do believe that it's good to have training guidelines and procedures to be in writting and followed by all instructors for the purpose that everyone is trained the same way. Not one group being trained different than another. If this is done you might have problems with personnel working an operation together who have been trained differently. If JPR's are what you're after, try this link: http://www.alabamafirecollege.org/de...gram/rpff1.htm

This is a link for the Alabame Fire College Firefighter I/II Course JPR's. They are extremely thorough, I'm sure there's something in there for roof operations. Hope this helps somehow
    Ok then....the "official" policy would be whatever your roof operations call for.

Thread Information