+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Crimson-What can you tell me?

We are in the process of looking at new builders. Crimson stopped by today with a realy nice stick! We are shopping for a tower ladder quint. We looked at them all. This Crimson has some great engineering ideas! Does anyone have experience with these guys?
    IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Permanently Removed

Crimson has a really innovational stabilizer system. The ladder is a smooooooth extender and VERY structurally sound. I have heard alot of good reports from departments so go for it. They are an honest bunch of people to work with. TL

Forum Member

Exclamation

If you want a "Tower Ladder", then they don't sell one. What they sell is a "Ladder Tower". Sounds the same, but they are differnet creatures.
    I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Forum Member

Default Crimson Aerials

Maybe I can help. I have spent quite some time researching Crimson aerial equipment.

Would you please clarify exactly what type of aerial device you're looking for?

Platform or stick? Mid or Rear mount.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by efd281 View Post
    If you want a "Tower Ladder", then they don't sell one. What they sell is a "Ladder Tower".
    Crimson Fire manufactures the following aerial devices:

Rear Mount aerial ladders
    Rear Mount aerial platforms
    Mid Mount aerial platforms
    Last edited by Command6; 04-13-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Save your time and go to http://www.piercemfg.com/ and get the best.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Forum Member

We have 3 Crimson pumpers and love them. Try to find someone with Dallas or Arlington TX they use Crimson(Quality before) Chris
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Dallas is using 103' Tractor Drawn Tiller ladders, Arlington is using rear mount quints from crimson not sure how long it is around a hundred foot though. I worked in a dallas station for about 2 months doing medic clinicals and they got their new truck on my second shift. It was the first time that Ive seen guys totally happy with a new truck. As far as I know they still havent had any problems with it and the arlington guys I have talked to love their quints and engines. They seem to be holding up quite well to some serious urban abuse 15-20 runs a shift with no problems. We all know that the spartan chasis's are great and Quality and Luverne both made great products that lasted a long time.

Forum Member

They can't be to shabby if Chicago keep buying them, from my experience, once a builder leaves a bad taste in a department, good luck getting a foot back in that department, I figure thats usually a good indicator.

Research , research, research. Try and get a demo unit in, just go over everything, put it in the worst situations you might ever face.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu View Post
    Save your time and go to http://www.piercemfg.com/ and get the best.
    now thats a good one i would take a crimson hands down

Forum Member

Exclamation Crimson ladders and towers

Last week on a busy day of travel and demos the New England dealer for Crimson stopped by with a 103' ladder, we are looking into a pumper, but compared to our current platform ,this was far advanced and built well, they gave us a DVD that also showed a current in service vehicle, I think in long island, what a great product. They build a 100' rear and 100' Mid mount platform, and 75' and 103' ladders with a great side loading hose system, truck was user friendly, and very well built.If we were to buy a ladder, this one would by far be on the top of our list. Crimson did their home work on these trucks.

Forum Member

Thanks guys,
    I should have clarified. We are buying a ladder tower by definition. A rear mount platform 100' give or take. We had two Crimson demos come by a platform and a stick. Awsome trucks! Very well thought out. Up here in the north east we don't see too many Crimson's. I don't think they ever sold an arial in New England. So I don't have any resource to go to.

We also had many other manufacturers come by including Pierce, ALF, E-One, Smeal and Seagrave. The Peirce and Smeal were at the top of our list until the Crimson arrived.

As far as Pierce goes I'm a HUGE fan. But I got to be honest, this Crimson seems way better! Very well thought out. I like the arial itself and outriggers better than Pierce. I just don't know the track record. Everyone of you sound very positive about them though. Thanks again.

Command6:
    Feel free to comment. I would like to hear more about your research.

Forum Member

Wallingford Ct Engine company 1 has a 2005 Spartan Gladiator pumper from Crimson. I know its not a tower truck but you might be able to get some info from them on how they like the truck and how crimson is treating them service wise.

MembersZone Subscriber

As awsome as Crimson is I do have to ask, whats your service going to be like if something does break or you accidentally break something? Sometimes thats as big a question as how reliable and how well built a truck is. Look at the army, even tanks break down. Pierce and Smeal are good builders too so if they provide a better service center closer to you I might be inclined to go with them.

MembersZone Subscriber

This seems like the closet one deliver in PA, you might want to contact the dept and see what they have to say

http://www.crimson-fire.com/crimson/...DeliveryID=567

Forum Member

Default Service is the Key

As you know I sell for Ahrens Fox so take this with a grain.

Stamford now has at least 11 Ahrens Fox fire apparatus. Joe Barielli's shop is well equipped and can handle any repair, he usually has an entire set of body panels on the shelf for accidents.

http://www.twinlightsevr.com/

I do believe that your Crimson Dealer would be C & S Speciality. I met Skip 17 years ago when I delivered for the real Saulsbury. I haven't seen Skip's shop but it does appear he can handle any repairs also the only drawback would be the trip to RI.

http://www.csspecialty.com/
    Fyrtrks

MembersZone Subscriber

Evidently San Diego is now purchasing Crimson ladders. They took delivery of (I belive 103') a Crimson tractor drawn tiller ladder back in february. So evidently a lot of large departments feel that they make a pretty good product and we all know that they are on a great chasis so if the service is there I would highly recomend goin with them. Oh and I belive that cleveland buys them too. So Chicago, Dallas, San Diego, Cleveland, and Arlington (TX) all use there stuff so take that for whats its worth.
    Last edited by oaattx934; 04-16-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Forum Member

I heard that Seattle, Anaheim, and San Jose also purchased Crimson aerials.

Forum Member

Default Crimson Tower

Contact the Wheaton,IL Fire Department. The own and built the first Ladder Tower from Crimson that replace a Pierce. It was spec'd out through Jimmy Diesel and was on display at FDIC last year. The also have a Crimson engine that replaced a Pierce. They came out to us last year and helped spec rig. Unfortunately they lost the bid due to some politics by they people in northern Wisconsin.

Forum Member

Wink Service in New England vs Quality

Hartford,
    According to Mapquest, C&S Specialty's repair shop is only about 30 minutes farther away from the Hartford repair shops than Twin Lights' location. I think the benefits of the advanced Crimson aerial design, plus the fact that it's a sole source product from a publically held company, more than justifies the slightly longer travel time. Perhaps if you were buying an "old school" aerial design that necessitates more frequent service the extra 30 minutes would be more of a consideration.

Like I said , it was the nicest, most practical, unit we have seen in years.

MembersZone Subscriber

has crimson built any mid mount platforms yet? if anyone has pictures please post. we are looking to replace our tower soon and we are looking at all manufacturers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hookandcanman83 View Post
    has crimson built any mid mount platforms yet? if anyone has pictures please post. we are looking to replace our tower soon and we are looking at all manufacturers.
    I know for sure there are two Mid Mounts currently in production or on order;one with a pump, one without. Check with your dealer for specs if your interested.

These are some of the first ones produced, so there isn't a lot of promotional material out there yet.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=DRAFTMASTER30;798375]Hartford,
    I think the benefits of the advanced Crimson aerial design, plus the fact that it's a sole source product from a publically held company, more than justifies the slightly longer travel time.

There are many definitions of "sole source" and/or "single source", so I will share a line from their specifications.

"The chassis manufacturer shall warrant to the original purchaser the custom fire truck chassis for a period of twelve (12) months with the exception of the actual fire apparatus chassis frame which carries a lifetime warranty."

I interpret that to mean that cab and chassis issues will be handled through Spartan, other items through Crimson.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KeithA8 View Post
    Thanks guys,
    Command6:
    Feel free to comment. I would like to hear more about your research.
    I sent you a private message with some information.

Forum Member

Command6: I did not receive anything. Would you mind trying again?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

Thread Information