Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default TVFR Video Test results...CPAT next.

Results/hiring list after the video test are posted on TVFR's website. Looks like 186 made the list.

Just got my invite for the CPAT sessions (orientation in Apr, practice in May & actual CPAT in Jun.)

Anyone else moving on?

You already got your invitation? Damn what place did you end up on the list? I am at 155 so im just sitting around waiting now. I wonder how many people they are going to take into the CPAT

From the invite I got, it looks like they are taking 100 to CPAT (49 paramedics & 51 basics.) I'm on the list at #30.

Awhile back I was told that TVFR went completely through their last hiring list and still didn't fill all of their open positions (mostly from promotion and retirement.) I think they are very selective about who they take....they want to make sure they have the right fit.

Did you hear back about your chief's interview at Portland yet? I'm playing the waiting game with them since I'm at #56 there....haven't even done their PAT yet.

I have not heard anything yet from Portland. That makes me really happy that they have been known to take everybody on their list. Are you on Portlands EMT list or trainee list?

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    I have not heard anything yet from Portland. That makes me really happy that they have been known to take everybody on their list. Are you on Portlands EMT list or trainee list?
    I'm on the Portland FF/EMT list at #56. From what some of those guys told me, it may be awhile before they call.

I don't think TVFR takes everybody on their list.....sounds like they interview most everyone over the life of the list and are very selective about who they choose. Guess my point is that the only difference between #30 and #155 is who gets their necks on the chopping block first. ;-)

Forum Member

Congrats on the good placement on both lists. You should be feeling really good right now (other than the constant waiting). What did you hear about the Portland list? any time line? I heard they were going to have a class start in June for the FF/EMT and possibly a huge retirement this year..... Thank you baby boomers!

Got it. Well thanks again for the information and good luck

Thanks, same to you.

Thread Information