Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Now that THAT is all settled.....

It IS a pretty funny picture. It still makes me grin.

I'll keep my personal politics out of this, and suggest we just all enjoy the chuckle and leave it at that.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If pointing out the fallacies of your arguments now qualifies as spin I plead guilty as charged.

Have a good one.
    I'm having a great day. I wish you could too but you still appear to be so very angry. But then again that really is the driving force of the liberal left.

Sit back, have a cool drink and stare into the setting sun...and try to relax.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    That we don't agree is not important. The fact that we are free to disagree is paramount. Go back and read GoDSendRain's post on this page. To me, his Signature line has an interesting twist to it. Do you think Winston Churchill's comments were about 50 years ahead of the times?? It sure sounds like he's referring to the Reverends Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to me.
    I don't think his words were 50 years ahead of the times. The times just come in the same old cycles - only different flavors, that's all. The question is, what will we do differently, if we will do anything differently at all?

Though, it must have been exciting to live in the times of Churchill. Excuse me, I'm having a nostalgic moment.

You might like this one by the same great man:

"Politics are almost as exciting as war and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics, many times."
    Last edited by GodSendRain; 04-16-2007 at 10:12 PM.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Yup!............

Quote Originally Posted by GodSendRain View Post
    I don't think his words were 50 years ahead of the times. The times just come in the same old cycles - only different flavors, that's all. The question is, what will we do differently, if we will do anything differently at all?

Though, it must have been exciting to live in the times of Churchill. Excuse me, I'm having a nostalgic moment.

You might like this one by the same great man:

"Politics are almost as exciting as war and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics, many times."

Absolutely! Thanks Bro.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I'm having a great day. I wish you could too but you still appear to be so very angry. But then again that really is the driving force of the liberal left.
    You flatter yourself if you believe any of the crap you or any other conservative spews affects me emotionally. Given your constant restating of untruths I would have to say you're the angry one. And the best part is your anger has no basis in anything factual. How's that for irony?

Sit back, have a cool drink and stare into the setting sun...and try to relax.
    Nice try. And don't worry about my being able to relax, from my back porch I stare at the setting sun as it disappears over the horizon known as the Pacific Ocean.....daily. Do you?
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-17-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber pvfire424's Avatar

... from my back porch I stare at the setting sun as it disappears over the horizon known as the Pacific Ocean.....daily. Do you?

Ok now I am jealous !!!

But , if anything REALLY strange happens , like you see the sun RISE from the pacific, give us all a little notice would ya !
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Quote Originally Posted by pvfire424 View Post
    Ok now I am jealous !!!

But , if anything REALLY strange happens , like you see the sun RISE from the pacific, give us all a little notice would ya !
    Hey. I've been to KC. I spent a whole month there one weekend.

J/K. I went there with a buddy whose dad was police officer there in the 70's and had a great time.

You flatter yourself if you believe any of the crap you or any other conservative spews affects me emotionally. Given your constant restating of untruths I would have to say you're the angry one. And the best part is your anger has no basis in anything factual. How's that for irony?

The ironic thing is your inability to recognize that you have consistantly labeled me as a conservative. Since that has happened I am going to have to e-mail Senator Russ Feingold and see if he can give me my vote back, the same with Congressperson Tammy Baldwin and our Governor Jim Doyle...amazingly all Democrats and none of whih has ever been accused of being conservative. You paint people into little corners because it is easier for you. The whole commie lib thing started out as mostly a friendly jab, too bad you proved that you are a stereotypical lib, with no sense of humor, no sense of honor, angry at the system you milk to your advantage, and frankly you are a snob.

Then add to that I simply mention the national embarassment of Bill's oh so public daliances and you, like the true gentleman you aren't, turn that into some slander campaign about my sexuality. Golly Mr Self Righteous I thought that was taboo in liberal land. Well, unless you are trying to divert conversation by slandering the other person.

Angry? Not hardly. What I am is disappointed that the stereotype of the lib was proven once again.

Nice try. And don't worry about my being able to relax, from my back porch I stare at the setting sun as it disappears over the horizon known as the Pacific Ocean.....daily. Do you?

Well, let me tell you what...You can keep the ocean. I have been to both coasts and honestly after about a half hour or so looking at the Ocean gets old for me. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to live on the ocean. I much prefer all 4 seasons. I much prefer looking out from my porch and seeing White Tailed Deer, Sand Hill Cranes, Red Tail Hawks, Canadian Geese, Ducks of many kinds, Turkey Vultures, Turkeys, coyotes, the occasional wolf and many other types of wild life. I much prefer the wooded landscape and many inland waterways of Wisconsin. So do you see what I see on a daily basis?
    Oh, and have a nice day. Please do put on sun screen and wear you sunglasses and hat. I would hate for the sun to takes it toll on you.

FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 04-17-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Believe it or not, not everyone wants to live on the ocean. I much prefer all 4 seasons. I much prefer looking out from my porch and seeing White Tailed Deer, Sand Hill Cranes, Red Tail Hawks, Canadian Geese, Ducks of many kinds, Turkey Vultures, Turkeys, coyotes, the occasional wolf and many other types of wild life. I much prefer the wooded landscape and many inland waterways of Wisconsin. So do you see what I see on a daily basis?
    And during the summertime how many of those White Tailed Deer, Sand Hill Cranes, Red Tail Hawks, Canadian Geese, Ducks of many kinds, Turkey Vultures, Turkeys, coyotes, the occasional wolf and many other types of wild life walk past your porch in very skimpy bathing suits or string bikinis? I've lost track of the times that happens to me. But hey, if you're into the animal thing who am I to say you shouldn't.

Knowing you don't want to live here makes my day.

sc...

Knowing you don't want to live here makes my day.
    No more than knowing you'll stay there makes mine.

FyredUp

Banned

For now, some day that beach front is going to move somewhere near Arizona, then what. We need to shore up that shoreline and stop worrying about global warming. At least work on something you might be able to do something about.

Banned

Here is a real funny statement from our beloved Hillary found in the local newspaper

She was addressing about 1000 people in a high school gym in New Hampshire. A young woman form NY was asking if she had read the 92 page intelligence document prior to her 2002 vote to authorize the war.

"I was thoroughly briefed on it. I was briefed on it," Clinton said repeatedly as the woman tried to interrupt her. I think it's such a difficult thing to go back in time and say what everyone was thinking."
    "What I will say is I believed that what we were doing was giving the president the authority to put inspectors in Iraq. That's what we were told privately. That what we were told publicly."

Either this woman is a complete liar or she is a total idiot. Every Joe around knew they were voting to authorize the war.

Hey,if you got four legged deer and fox walking by your porch or bedroom: Trust me the two legged kind will come.Bikinis or no.Something about women and critters,they just seem to attract each other.Excepting of course on the left coast.But sands not for everyone.Or asphalt.Do the world a favor and fire Hillary today. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    For now, some day that beach front is going to move somewhere near Arizona, then what. We need to shore up that shoreline and stop worrying about global warming. At least work on something you might be able to do something about.
    If it happens, it will be long after I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Like I needed another reason NOT to eat at KFC.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Hey,if you got four legged deer and fox walking by your porch or bedroom: Trust me the two legged kind will come.Bikinis or no.Something about women and critters,they just seem to attract each other.Excepting of course on the left coast.But sands not for everyone.Or asphalt.Do the world a favor and fire Hillary today. T.C.
    I guess I have a different concept of wildlife. Especially in the warmer times of the year.

I stare at the setting sun as it disappears over the horizon known as the Pacific Ocean.....daily. Do you?
    Yeah, but how does that compare to a sunrise over a poop-filled Great Lake, when the high temp for the day will be 10F.

he occasional wolf and many other types of wild life walk past your porch in very skimpy bathing suits or string bikinis?
    Hey now, itís not my fault that home is here; I think this makes me a victim. You didnít have to go and throw something like that in the mix. Very low!

Sc,reread the post.EXCEPTING the left coast,a lot of women have a thing for critters(4 legged).We have transplants or weekend residents who come up just to gaze at the wildlife.And most aren't too hard on the eyes and probably a little more low maintence than the eye candy you're used to.Ask me about a "hanging rack"sometime. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Yeah, but how does that compare to a sunrise over a poop-filled Great Lake, when the high temp for the day will be 10F.
    Good point. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Hey now, itís not my fault that home is here; I think this makes me a victim. You didnít have to go and throw something like that in the mix. Very low!
    Sorry. I'll try to be better next time.

Banned

I guess I have a different concept of wildlife. Especially in the warmer times of the year.
    So let me get this straight. As a liberal you have all of these great save the earth plans and don't kill the environment, yet you could care less about the wilderness and it's habitat.

Thread Information