Thread: Flight 93 Movie

Back In Black

Default Flight 93 Movie

Finally saw this movie.

As hard as it was to re-live that day, I felt it was important to watch.

If you haven't seen it and are going to, steel yourself.

Now, I'm angry and sad all over again.

Never ever forget.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Finally saw this movie.

As hard as it was to re-live that day, I felt it was important to watch.

If you haven't seen it and are going to, steel yourself.

Now, I'm angry and sad all over again.

Never ever forget.
    I'm keeping myself from watching it because I have a feeling that it's the same thing as A&E's docu-drama they did on it. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Although I tried to keep myself from watching World Trade Center. I still watched it.

Let's Roll.
    Never... Never Forget.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

It's different from the one that A & E did. It was better. I saw United 93 when it first came out....pretty hardcore and sad story.

AZFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZFF25 View Post
    It's different from the one that A & E did. It was better. I saw United 93 when it first came out....pretty hardcore and sad story.

AZFF
    Thanks for filling me in AZFF. You guys are going to make me rent a certain movie soon...
    and I'm assuming CheifKN meant United 93?
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

A well done movie. The editing keeps a great pace and informs the viewer what was going on both inside the airplane and in other places. i.e. It took a long time to recognize a hijacking had occurred and for authorities to launch combat airplanes to try and intercept it.

Most importantly the movie is done without being jingoistic. The passengers come across as human, not superhuman.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-15-2007 at 10:06 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, I agree. Very good movie and well done.

I also agree that it ****ed me off all over again watching it.

NEVER FORGET!!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Default Trademark Infringement

[QUOTE=RFxplr326;797850]I'm keeping myself from watching it because I have a feeling that it's the same thing as A&E's docu-drama they did on it. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Although I tried to keep myself from watching World Trade Center. I still watched it.

Let's Roll.
    Never... Never Forget.[/QUOTE

Lisa Beamer founder of the Todd M. Beamer Foundation registered the phrase “Let’s roll” as a trademark & has licensed the use of the phrase to Wal-Mart & the Florida State football team. The public financial records of the non-profit Todd M. Beamer Foundation have come under scrutiny for taking in far more money than were delivered in services. According to Heroic Choices the foundation’s new name, from 2001 through 2004 the foundation used only 53% of its proceeds to fund its programs. Better Business Bureau’s standards for charity accountability state that program activity should account for at least 65% of charity expenses.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfdlou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    I'm keeping myself from watching it because I have a feeling that it's the same thing as A&E's docu-drama they did on it. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Let's Roll.
    Never... Never Forget.
    Lisa Beamer founder of the Todd M. Beamer Foundation registered the phrase “Let’s roll” as a trademark & has licensed the use of the phrase to Wal-Mart & the Florida State football team. The public financial records of the non-profit Todd M. Beamer Foundation have come under scrutiny for taking in far more money than were delivered in services. According to Heroic Choices the foundation’s new name, from 2001 through 2004 the foundation used only 53% of its proceeds to fund its programs. Better Business Bureau’s standards for charity accountability state that program activity should account for at least 65% of charity expenses.
    And that's sad. I'm sorry. But that's pretty bad that they can't fund their programs that they're supposed to be supporting. Wonder where the rest of their funds are?

According to this article at http://www.slate.com/id/2062607/, trademarking "Let's Roll" won't stop you from using it in an everyday conversation. There are 16 registrations or applications for Let's Roll to be trademarked to different companies/organizations, other than the Todd M. Beamer Foudation/Heroic Choices, according to http://www.cursor.org/backhome/letsroll2.htm

From http://www.slate.com/id/2062607/ -- "What is a trademark, exactly? It's a "word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of goods of one party from those of others," says the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. There are two key elements in that definition: 1) Trademarks protect commercial products and services. Trademarking "Let's roll" won't stop you from using it in everyday conversation. 2) Trademarks identify the source of goods and services. Therefore, either your trademark must be inherently distinctive, identifying you as the source of a product, or your trademark must have acquired distinctiveness—you must prove that the public identifies your trademark with your particular good or service and with you as the source of that good or service.

You don't have to register your trademark with the federal government to receive trademark protection. Merely using a trademark in the marketplace confers rights, such as prohibiting people from copying it in order to create confusion among consumers. But registering a trademark with the federal government provides nationwide trademark protection, rather than merely local protection under state law. And it gives the owner the ability to defend a trademark in federal court.

A trademark does not mean, however, that no one else can use your word, phrase, or symbol in connection with any and all goods and services. It means only that somebody else can't use a similar trademark with similar goods or services. The key criterion: trademark infringement occurs when someone else's use of a trademark would likely cause confusion about the source of goods or services. Avon, for example, has trademarked "Let's talk" for a variety of commercial uses, including door-to-door retail merchandising. But that hasn't stopped another company from trademarking "Let's talk" for use with voice-activated computer software, because consumers are unlikely to get confused and believe that Avon is pitching software, or that a software company is hawking lipsticks.
    "
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 04-16-2007 at 10:08 PM.
    Firefighter/EMT

MembersZone Subscriber

Well this got sidetracked quickly.

As for the Beamer Foundation; Well the Red Cross caught a lot of flack for not using/spending the 911 money on the right programs too. As frustrating as it is, I seldom believe it is a deliberate attempt to decieve or defraud those who have donated. Often it is just plain poor business skills, or misguided intentions. The guys and gals from Harvard with the MBA's don't go work for non-profits that often.

What's the old saying?

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

And as for the WTC movies, I still don't need to remind myself yet. I've got a big pot of "angry" still simmering on the stove.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Flight 93 pot of angry

Flight 93 has sent the message that after 9/11 when any plane is hijacked the passengers & crew will no longer cooperate with the hijackers. The previous strategy was to take them where they want to go & deal with them on the ground. Everyone on board is gona pull out that “pot of angry” & beat the s—t out of them with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfdlou View Post
    Flight 93 has sent the message that after 9/11 when any plane is hijacked the passengers & crew will no longer cooperate with the hijackers. The previous strategy was to take them where they want to go & deal with them on the ground. Everyone on board is gona pull out that “pot of angry” & beat the s—t out of them with it.
    I still believe to this day this act of the hijackers could only be done once for the reasons you state. I bet the initial thought of the passengers in the planes were they were headed to Cuba for the day. If they knew the hijackers were on a suicide mission all four flights might have had different outcomes.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information