Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Alderman blames firefighters/paramedics for black deaths

Alderman McGee Jr. blames Milwaukee Firefighters and Paramedics for the deaths of young black men

We have seen this past week that Alderman Michael McGee/Jackson/McJr. has attacked Milwaukee police officers that shot a man that had already stabbed a family member and said he was going to get his gun. When police followed him into a hallway, he lunged at police with the knife. That is when McJr said for the cameras, “Any time a person has a knife, they should never be shot”
    Now his latest attack is against the Milwaukee Fire Department. He blames our Fire Fighters and Paramedics for the deaths of shooting victims, because they will not rush into an unsecured violent crime scene before the police arrive.

“You know, the Fire Department, a lot of the times they are considered the good guys, and we don’t look at them. But the Fire Department, they have a policy in place, where we are losing a lot of black men that are shot. Whenever they are shot, the Fire Department does not respond if the Police Department is not there holding their hands.”

http://badgerblogger.com/?p=5160

Yes, this is one of our aldermen.

Sounds like your aldermans need to do some ride alongs with the police. Don't give them vests or guns, pull up to the scene so the cop can say ok you go talk him down. Our protection is priority 1, tell the Alderman to Kiss you ***.
    Easy to be a politician and a back seat driver.
    Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
    This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
    Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

Thats ok. The Norfolk vice mayor when asked to remove trash build up on his lawn, replied "I'm tired of white police officers shooting black men"

Some of these guys are just nuts.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

your Alderman is a total idiot.

Hey toss him a set of turnouts, show him how to set up high flow O2
    and tell him to put his money where his mouth is by carrying the med bag and going into the scene first without the police and being the first one though the door for a month.

MembersZone Subscriber

McGee really shows the true meaning of the word "politics". Poly-from the Greek word meaning many and tics-a blood sucking parasite.

If he had the ba**s to do what BuzzCut1 suggested, I'd give him 30 seconds before he crapped or wet himself.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

He should run here in Memphis. Sounds like he would fit right in.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

jasper, is he related to our chief?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Just a copy of an email I sent to the alderman. I doubt I will receive a reply.

Alderman McGee,

I came across your following comments on another website, and I felt compelled to contact you about the following statement:

“You know, the Fire Department, a lot of the times they are considered the good guys, and we don’t look at them. But the Fire Department, they have a policy in place, where we are losing a lot of black men that are shot. Whenever they are shot, the Fire Department does not respond if the Police Department is not there holding their hands.”

I am a firefighter and obviously you are not. Firefighters do not receive "combat" training and going in to a scene where people are being shot is stupid. Firefighters do NOT carry weapons to defend themselves, firefighters don't have tactical training and do not have bullet proof vests. Yet you seem to only worry about the victims that are shot, not looking at the potential for firefighters killed and more victims, because the scene is NOT secured.

Please re-read that last statement. Scene safety and security is foremost in emergency services. We understand and train for fire control, fireground operations and EMS, we do not do police work and we do not apprehend suspects. We do our job when the scene is safe, for a fire, that is our job, a shooting, that is police. If that means waiting for police to secure the scene then so be it.

I urge you to consider doing a ride along with both the police and fire department, so you may observe first hand what the job entails, and see the scenes we see. Maybe you actually might get a feel for these services before you criticize them.

On a final note, I do not work for the City of *********, but I am a firefighter. The last thing I want to do is go to another firefighter's funeral because they got shot before police could secure the scene. This is not a race issue, this is common sense.

I agree with the suggestions out there that this goof should do a ride along or even be the first into a scene where bullets are flying. Also some depts may have bullet proof vests, but most do not, this clown doesn't need to know that though. Same goes for police training.

BTW Jasper, does your city do a fire ops type of program for city leaders and media, where they may get a very small taste of the job?
    Last edited by jccrabby3084; 04-17-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Angry

I'm surprised that the unholy trinity of "Reverend" Al "Not so" Sharpton, "Reverend" Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson and Louis " Whitey is the Devil" Farrakhan aren't in Milwaukee pushing for McMutts's relection and marching in the streets..
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    I'm surprised that the unholy trinity of "Reverend" Al "Not so" Sharpton, "Reverend" Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson and Louis " Whitey is the Devil" Farrakhan aren't in Milwaukee pushing for McMutts's relection and marching in the streets..
    Just wait Gonz....I think they are on the way.

It's true. This guy is so stupid you can't tell him anything, not smart enough to comprehend it. But on the other hand, most people are stupid enough to believe him.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

What a moreon. This guy is the main reason most firedepts have problems with there polititians. Guys like him mar almost every city or township. Hopfully someone or some people will jump on him with both feet.
    "Lead Follow Or Get Out Of The Way"

jasper, is he related to our chief?
    I don’t think they are related, but they do share a lot of like-minded ideas.

Just a copy of an email I sent to the alderman.
    Thank you for e-mailing him. In theory, writing our politicians is a good thing. I have received replies in the past from him, but who knows about this time.

does your city do a fire ops type of program for city leaders and media, where they may get a very small taste of the job?
    We do have one, and it is run on a somewhat routing basis. The problem is though, invites are sent out, evolutions are set up, and when the date arrives to conduct the program, no one shows up.
    Not one single alderman, not one member of our fire/police commission, and the only media to show are the video journalists. No one cares.

This guy is a nut. His father is a former alderman and black panther militia member. His father once openly advocated placing snipers in homes along the I-43 corridor here, in order to shoot white motorists. His reasoning was that this would allow the 'rich' whites to know what it is like to be black. Yes, he was an alderman when he proposed this idea.

Jr. McGee has also had his share of problems and controversial issues surrounding him while in office. Race and skin color are his default setting, and yet he was overwhelmingly elected, re-elected, and the saga runs on.

The fact is that we do have a policy in place to stage, and wait for police to secure a scene. However, as our other policies in place, it is written as a guideline so that a company officer has the ability to use discretion. More often than not we do enter a violent crime scene before the police arrive, based on circumstances at each incident. I don’t know of any firefighter I work with who would like to watch someone die in front of them; I know I don’t.

Here is a little story and background about this gentleman, it is from a local news show.

Just follow the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6hQRCKOFrc

Another fine example of forced diversity-color over quality at any cost.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Send the guy a memo from the Chief, stating that they will change the policy but the first time any firefighter gets hurt, be it falling down running to the truck or an assault, that he will sue the city AND the alderman for instigating the change in procedues that put FF's at risk.

And then, trip and fall down the first chance you get

What amazes me is that the African American community allows themselves to flimflammed, bamboozled and sucked in like characters like McMutt.. and those a African Americans who speak out against him are called "Uncle Toms" and "Oreos" (black outside, white inside)
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    "Oreos" (black outside, white inside)

Reminds me of the line from "Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle"... The asian guy got called a twinkie...(yellow outside, white inside)

What amazes me is that the African American community allows themselves to flimflammed, bamboozled and sucked in like characters like McMutt.. and those a African Americans who speak out against him are called "Uncle Toms" and "Oreos" (black outside, white inside)

Long as they are getting something out of it, why are they going to fight back?

Bill Cosby did a few years back and he got "Bamboozled" by the Black Community.

FossilMedic

Default April 03, 2007: McGee wins re-election!

Although Milwaukee Ald. Michael McGee could not block the recall effort against him, he got a knockout win Tuesday where it matters most: at the ballot box.

Outspoken McGee, whose actions have infuriated critics and inspired supporters, got 64% of the votes in the eight-person race.

Because he received more than half of the votes cast, a runoff isn't needed.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=586488

MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Sounds like a pratt to me... maybe if his son was a Ff he'd feel a little different?
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Thread Information