1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default E-One's new chassis!

    Holy cow! No wonder they're questioning everything. Now I'm left to question their sanity!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default Here's the photo of the new Quest.

    Pretty, ain't she?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Wow, do they really expect to market something in pink?

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outside Philadelphia
    Posts
    519

    Default

    I "think" it almost makes the Velocity look "ok"!

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Are you kidding me????
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Uhhhhh?!?!?!

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    TC33FF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Galveston TX
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Once you look at the truck instead of the pink, purple or whatever color it is it looks loke the cab is a cross from the Hurricane( I believe that is what they called the old squared off cab) and the newer rounded front cabs. Would like to see it more up close to see how it is laid out. and the inside of the cab. Chris
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micke7 View Post
    Holy cow! No wonder they're questioning everything. Now I'm left to question their sanity!

    I hope its not plastic like the one they tried to market in the early to mid 90's.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    710

    Default Pepto Pink

    Quote Originally Posted by oaattx934 View Post
    Wow, do they really expect to market something in pink?
    Looks like it fell in a vat of Pepto-Bismol.

    This color makes lime green look good.

    YUK!!

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber
    usmc2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10

    Default

    "Hey guys Ill just stay here at the fire house on this one" haha

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17

    Default Nice Try Pierce

    Believe me it's not pink. It's all new unlike the old cab with a new front end from Pierce.PHOTO SHOP IS GREAT!
    Last edited by RW2400; 04-19-2007 at 01:14 AM.

  12. #12
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    710

    Default Conspiracy Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by RW2400 View Post
    Believe me it's not pink. It's all new unlike the old cab with a new front end from Pierce.PHOTO SHOP IS GREAT!
    Is this a conspiracy theory?

    I see it has a larger grille to provide extra cooling for the 2007 engines.

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    292

    Default

    This makes the new pierce chassis look good (and they look like ****)

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RW2400 View Post
    Believe me it's not pink. It's all new unlike the old cab with a new front end from Pierce.PHOTO SHOP IS GREAT!
    From the E-One website

    Name:  Quest_Beauty.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  28.3 KB

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    73

    Default

    i think that both e-one and pierce have been smokin something to think that these chassis look good. but i guess it comes down to which one is gonna work better and that still remains to be seen.



    just to get a little off topic though while looking at both the pierce and e-one websites they both claim to be the first in the industry with electronic stability control(ESC). im surprised pierce didnt make a huge deal out of that.

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    438

    Default Just new

    The new chassis from Pierce and E-One are new looks and will grow on everyone. Not to date myself but I remember WAY BACK (1968) when they first introduced the first impact bumpers for cars. Boy were they ugly.... for the first 3 or 4 months until you got used to seeing them all over. Style and design changes are nothing new and keep people talking. That's the idea.

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    From the E-One website

    Attachment 11737
    Do they come in red???

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomwnh View Post
    The new chassis from Pierce and E-One are new looks and will grow on everyone. Not to date myself but I remember WAY BACK (1968) when they first introduced the first impact bumpers for cars. Boy were they ugly.... for the first 3 or 4 months until you got used to seeing them all over. Style and design changes are nothing new and keep people talking. That's the idea.
    You mean like the Edsel???

    Now I have gone and dated myself.

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    I "think" it almost makes the Velocity look "ok"!
    I concur!!!!!!!!

    Isn't the Quest a minivan made by Nissan? If you are looking for a conspiracy theory, I'd look that way.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I've seen alot in my days, but today after going through all the trucks the winner has to be SPARTAN. Overall they have the best designs in cabs and chassis. HME was reduced to Ahrens Fox. The kool aide drinkers at Pierce was incredible, the new e-1 chassis?? come on look at the AC intrusion in the cab. Spartan and all their derivatives are the best overall chassis out their, no gimmicks, solid options, designs, and a bullet proof interior.

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckdog View Post
    I've seen alot in my days, but today after going through all the trucks the winner has to be SPARTAN. Overall they have the best designs in cabs and chassis. HME was reduced to Ahrens Fox. The kool aide drinkers at Pierce was incredible, the new e-1 chassis?? come on look at the AC intrusion in the cab. Spartan and all their derivatives are the best overall chassis out their, no gimmicks, solid options, designs, and a bullet proof interior.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the man has a very good point.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1

    Cool Nissan Quest or E-One Quest

    What an original name...Quest. Are they paying Nissan to share the name? I think they need to rethink their next quest.

    In their press release they mention accelerator pedals. Is that a new feature? What did they have before...

    "Teardrop mirrors"...I cried too when I saw it.
    "Instrument cluster"...oops I think they meant layout.

    Good luck! Next

  23. #23
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckdog View Post
    I've seen alot in my days, but today after going through all the trucks the winner has to be SPARTAN. Overall they have the best designs in cabs and chassis. HME was reduced to Ahrens Fox. The kool aide drinkers at Pierce was incredible, the new e-1 chassis?? come on look at the AC intrusion in the cab. Spartan and all their derivatives are the best overall chassis out their, no gimmicks, solid options, designs, and a bullet proof interior.
    I absolutely agree with you. The Spartan Gladiator and Evolution are rugged and firefighter-friendly. The less plastic inside the better. I use this in complimentary terms: Very institutional looking.

    Here is the biggest problem with them: Split warranty responsibility between the cab/chassis manufacturer and the apparatus builder.

    Been there, done that. That eliminates them from contention in our department.

  24. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Command6 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. The Spartan Gladiator and Evolution are rugged and firefighter-friendly. The less plastic inside the better. I use this in complimentary terms: Very institutional looking.

    Here is the biggest problem with them: Split warranty responsibility between the cab/chassis manufacturer and the apparatus builder.

    Been there, done that. That eliminates them from contention in our department.
    If the Spartan chassis needs to be sole source, then buy a Crimson. Same parent company...

    Not trying to be a smartass, really.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  25. #25
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    If the Spartan chassis needs to be sole source, then buy a Crimson. Same parent company...

    Not trying to be a smartass, really.
    I didn't take it that way, and I thought the same as you until I read a Crimson spec.

    "The chassis manufacturer shall warrant to the original purchaser the custom fire truck chassis for a period of twelve (12) months with the exception of the actual fire apparatus chassis frame which carries a lifetime warranty."

    I interpret that to mean that cab and chassis issues will be handled through Spartan, other items through Crimson.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Spartan,Pierce chassis. Marion,Custom fire apparatus bodies
    By Steamguy in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
  2. Seagrave Concorde Chassis ?
    By NewJerseyFFII in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
  3. Central States Spartan Cab & Chassis vs HME Cab & Chassis
    By AsstEngineer292 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 08:05 AM
  4. Medium duty 4x4 chassis
    By npfd801 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register