Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: St Louis

MembersZone Subscriber fieldseng2's Avatar

I am still hearing a class of at least 30 as soon as the list is certified.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default letters are out

i received my letter in the mail yesterday number 65 on the list so hopefully everyone else on here got theres as well. anyone know how many they usually hire off a list. I'm sure the top part of the list is mostly city employees.

Forum Member

Default rank

does anyone know how long the list is? i'm pretty low down on the list, but i would just like to know how many they have total, because it may not be as bad as it looks.

Forum Member

Default rank

does anyone know about how many they use out of the list altogether, or just how big the list is?

MembersZone Subscriber

I got mine today and I am 48. I heard from an insider that if you are 1-100 you will have a job within a year to year an a half. They don't know how many people they are taking yet of this list. And also the first class is going to have 45 people in it. And if people quit I heard they will fill the spots up to three or four weeks into the class. Or if people turn down the job the will go to 46 and so on. So hopefully I might make it into the new class that starts next month. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

thanks for the info. Well, Looks like I may be trying out again in a few years. At that rate they won't get to 256. Does anyone recommend some training/classes to take in the meantime to prep for the next time they start hiring? Congrats to all who made it and good luck. ill keep checking back to see how far they get on the list.

Forum Member

Default letter

Got mine today, number 34. As far as the number that they will use off of the list, depends on how many spots need to be filled. Also, I have known people that have been low on the list before, but were past over for a while, for reasons unknown to me. Maybe the new administration will be different. Congratulations to everyone who made the list, and good luck.

No idea how long the list is. If you are in the top 100 you have a pretty good chance of getting called.

City employees no longer have priority hiring. All they get is a few extra points.

Forum Member

Default reccomendations?

I was thinking of going to school for an emt license since i have a couple of years to kill. anyone recommend where a good place to do that is? what about fire depts without a residency requirement? thanks for the info guys...it makes me feel somewhat better.

Forum Member

Unhappy Ps

Quote Originally Posted by SVFD2006 View Post
    Also, I have known people that have been low on the list before, but were past over for a while, for reasons unknown to me.
    does that mean my chances are better or worse?

Just got off shift this morning.

I heard from a reliable source over 200 on the list. A class of at least 36 starting in July w/another class soon after.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cujo83 View Post
    does that mean my chances are better or worse?
    Don't know for sure. Another FF on the local FD was listed as 68 a few years ago, and was passed over. I don't know if it had to do with training, who he didn't know, or what? As far as 256, it may be a while before you get an opportunity, but don't loose hope. Fieldseng may have some other info that might help.
    If you are looking for classes, SWIC has a Associates program in Fire Science, and EMT classes are offered all over the city. However, if you want to try for a department without residency, like a FD in STL County, you will need to be EMTP.

Forum Member

I'm #236 on the list. For the ones of us low on the list just think positive, the list is good for a min. of 2 years. And correct me if I'm wrong Fields the last list was almost 3 to 4 years old after it was used up. I keep telling myself that I will get hired sometime. Not this class or the next one but one of the classes down the road. And not everyone on this list will take a spot, so if the next class is of 36 that makes me #200 for now. Just hang in there.

IAFF3904

Well, I renewed my subscription to firehouse. I scored within the top 20! I'm stoked to see whats next. Good luck to all ya guys.

The last list went over 4 years. Within the first 2 years they put on 3 classes off of it....close to 100 new FFs.

Class of 40 to start July 28.

Class of 30-40 soon after.

MembersZone Subscriber

from what i hear they already had 5 people drop out due to finding another job and failing the chief interview. I think they are doing drug test now. so one through 45 should be in the first class.

Forum Member

Default Class is set

Quote Originally Posted by giweff View Post
    from what i hear they already had 5 people drop out due to finding another job and failing the chief interview. I think they are doing drug test now. so one through 45 should be in the first class.
    Not sure of anyone dropping, but I think they interviewed alternates just in case. Drug tests/physicals should be complete, class starts the 28th. Good luck to everyone who made it.

IAFF3904

Default St. Louis/ Roommates

Hey guys, I have spoke with SVFD already, is there anyone who needs roommates, and a place to rent while in the academy? I found a 5 bed room, nice place for $1200/month firefighter owned, and some other options. Let us know, time is flying by!

Forum Member

Hey Devondual, I left a post on the Nixa Blog can you check it out and let me know. Thanks Truckie3

Thread Information