Like Tree3Likes

Thread: St Louis

Forum Member

Any talks about a new testing process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOFD_Getz View Post
    Any talks about a new testing process?
    I wouldn't count on a new testing process too soon (or maybe im just luckand made it to the final pull off the list). Ive been on the list since 08 and just had my chiefs interview about 2 weeks ago. I took a physical exam and drug analysis last week. Im just waiting for another letter to come in the mail. Im totally excited. If any veterans could give me a little insight I would severely appreciate it.

Forum Member

Not like he's gloating or anything there Getz

Forum Member

No gloating here. I just know that stlfd is trying to start another academy class off of the current list and what ive gathered is that they are possibly trying to use the current list before a new testing process begins to save the city from the expense in testing. I also remember hearing that the list was approximately 300 strong and I sat around the middle of those. I couldnt possibly believe that the city would hold this current list for another five years and was surprised when i got the phone call after five years. They might start another testing process tomorrow, who knows? Like I said maybe I was lucky and got my number pulled for the last academy class. I was definitely not trying to be offensive by any means and apologize if it appeared that way but I am super excited that I have made it this far after so many years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by liliansdad View Post
    No gloating here. I just know that stlfd is trying to start another academy class off of the current list and what ive gathered is that they are possibly trying to use the current list before a new testing process begins to save the city from the expense in testing. I also remember hearing that the list was approximately 300 strong and I sat around the middle of those. I couldnt possibly believe that the city would hold this current list for another five years and was surprised when i got the phone call after five years. They might start another testing process tomorrow, who knows? Like I said maybe I was lucky and got my number pulled for the last academy class. I was definitely not trying to be offensive by any means and apologize if it appeared that way but I am super excited that I have made it this far after so many years.

Good luck dude it's the best job in the world.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UPCFire View Post
    Good luck dude it's the best job in the world.
    Thanks UPCFire, got the call to set up a fitting for uniforms yesterday, no official start date yet for the academy...I was told that they are still sifting through candidates.

Forum Member

Thanks UPCFire, got the call to set up a fitting for uniforms yesterday, no official start date yet for the academy...I was told that they are still sifting through candidates.
    Cool just let me and Getz know anything you can find out of you wouldn't mind we're both from the area and work for New Orleans. Good luck.

Forum Member

Cool just let me and Getz know anything you can find out of you wouldn't mind we're both from the area and work for New Orleans. Good luck.
    Ill definitely keep you updated if I hear something. Until then stay safe.

Forum Member

Anybody got any word on any testing coming up?

Forum Member

Anybody got any word on any testing coming up?
    Dude why dont you look thru the pages instead of asking, come on bro, do alittle work yourself

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 8482612 View Post
    Dude why dont you look thru the pages instead of asking, come on bro, do alittle work yourself

If you had the time to write that. You had the time to post some info if you knew any that is. If you don't know anything, don't write anything pretty simple bro. Why don't you look through here and see what has been written, just on this page.

Forum Member

Listen "bro", if your even a fireman, all im sayngvis do alittle homework

RLW
    MembersZone Subscriber

8482612 is right. Atop wasting space and being lazy. It takes a couple clicks of a mouse and some reading. Let me guess you have to have your mommy hold your hand when you cross the street

RLW
    MembersZone Subscriber

Definitely not a fireman. If he is, I feel sorry for his crew.

Forum Member

Ill bet hes not even irish...or a nola ff or at a house uptown, he prolly doesnt even drive a jeep, prolly doesnt even have a traditional helmet, hes prolly not one of my best friends either!

Forum Member

Ill bet hes not even irish...or a nola ff or at a house uptown, he prolly doesnt even drive a jeep, prolly doesnt even have a traditional helmet, hes prolly not one of my best friends either!
    I'll bet we don't even work in the same firehouse. I'll bet my crew is better than the ladders' ill bet, little mike loves me more than him I'll bet. I'll bet I'll get his Volvo working before he does ill bet hahahaha

Forum Member

Haha I like the "mommy" quote and the not a fireman that's good haha. I'm off this for awhile bro. Always with this crap.

MembersZone Subscriber

liliandad.....any idea what your number was?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay9876 View Post
    liliandad.....any idea what your number was?
    Jay...I was 179 on the original list out of 300 or 350...not really sure...i think one guy said he was number 198...I can't speak too much about anything now (and I'm not sure if there is any truth to this) but I've heard that this is the last class off of the current list and that a new testing process may begin in early 2014....like I said, don't quote me on it. Hopefully that puts some light on things for you guys (upc ant getz...I know I promised to give you something if I heard it). Good luck to you guys...i probably won't be back on here till after the academy is over.

Forum Member

Jay...I was 179 on the original list out of 300 or 350...not really sure...i think one guy said he was number 198...I can't speak too much about anything now (and I'm not sure if there is any truth to this) but I've heard that this is the last class off of the current list and that a new testing process may begin in early 2014....like I said, don't quote me on it. Hopefully that puts some light on things for you guys (upc ant getz...I know I promised to give you something if I heard it). Good luck to you guys...i probably won't be back on here till after the academy is over.

Thanks dude and good luck

Forum Member

congrats on getting selected, I seen the most recent class just graduated in march. with the rumor being that would be the last class off the list. Anybody have any leads on when they may be testing again?

Forum Member

I'm interested in the same info. I signed up for their email notification service to be notified when the position was opened. You could try that.

I'd be nice to get an insider's take on if a new list is looking likely though. It'd be crazy to get a call 5 years later.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

I also signed up for the email notification. seems like you can only check it so many times a day before you start looking for more information.

Thread Information