Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: St Louis

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone else get a letter recently asking if they still want to be on the list?? Just got letter today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Also...age limit..is is the age at time of test or time of hire??

Forum Member

Yeah. Got a letter last week and sent in my reply.

Forum Member

Hopefully I'll be seeing you two in class soon!

MembersZone Subscriber

Any ideas on what the deal is with the letter? Never been on a list and got a letter like that. Is that the letter means you might be moving on or did they send the letter to everyone on the list??

Forum Member

If the letter asks whether you want to remain on the list, that is all it means. The next letter you get, if they make it to your number, will say that you have been officially referred for consideration for the position of Probationary Fire Private.

Had my Chief's interview today. Looks like there is a bit more waiting and hoping to do, but I was told that there would be another academy class around the first of the year.

Forum Member

Will St. Louis exhaust the current list or test again?

Forum Member

I have been patiently waiting for them to open up apps as well

Forum Member

Anyone know roughly what number they've gotten up to on the list. Around what number are you guys that got your letter and were hired

Forum Member

My number is 109. Not sure how many before me were contacted or after. They exhausted the last list and had it for four years I think, so they most likely will not be testing again. Also, there are at least 300 on the list if not 350. If you're waiting for them to open apps again it's going to be a while. There really is no reason for the city to retest. Particularly considering the cost to the city. Just my two cents. I got another FD job in CO so my spot is up for grabs. Good Luck to you all!

Forum Member

Why would they want guys that aren't top 100 candidates? Surely there are plenty of new candidates that outshine the guys on the list that was established 4 years ago. I'm not saying there aren't great guys later in the list, but surely they want the best possible, so a new list is the only way to generate the best applicants for the position.

Forum Member

I don't know about better candidates, but I know younger candidates! The first posts in this thread were from 2007....... That's six years and that is a big pool of eligible applicants that are over or close to over max age. I can't see any city hiring a bunch of 36 year olds when they can be hiring 25 year olds. Who knows what any city will do in this day and age with money the way it is.

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    I don't know about better candidates, but I know younger candidates! The first posts in this thread were from 2007....... That's six years and that is a big pool of eligible applicants that are over or close to over max age. I can't see any city hiring a bunch of 36 year olds when they can be hiring 25 year olds. Who knows what any city will do in this day and age with money the way it is.
    That's too bad, because most of the 36 year olds that I know can run circles around most of the 25 year olds that I've known

Forum Member

You should probably change your thinking about the top 100 names, im a fireman for a well known metro dept and i can say from exp that the top 100 dont always make the best fireman, sometimes the top scorers are those that are good test takers. What makes a good fireman is working hard, getting along with the brothers at the firehouse, being a part of the team and not bitching out when it comes to getting in to a fire etc. But im guessing you dont know that yet, btw how did you come up with the top 100 being the best? :/
    BackSteppin and DJ_Reverse like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by the shadow View Post
    That's too bad, because most of the 36 year olds that I know can run circles around most of the 25 year olds that I've known
    Trust me I know! I am in that in between age of 30-36 and it is getting really tough to get looked at by the big metro depts and then I am coming up on longevity that is going to make it hard to leave my current fd for pay reasons. I have to agree 100% with 8482612 you see the better firefighters come from the 80 to 90 bands of any testing process.

Forum Member

Here's an update: there is a class going on right now. Started in Jan. Not sure exactly how many, but around 20-25. They had 2-3 guys show up late...fired! Had another guy that didn't want to climb the aerial ladder...fired! How do these people have no clue? Simply pathetic. Anyway, my buddy has been on for six years and said they are getting a lot of overtime. People are retiring and they do not have enough recruits. So they may go through this list quickly. If you are on the list just wait it out. It will happen you just have to be patient.
    BackSteppin likes this.

Forum Member

St Louis ever going to test again?

Forum Member

Any new updates; or far on the list theyve gotten to?

Forum Member

Default New List

I've actually been hearing more about this class being the last one before they test again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NOFD_Getz View Post
    I've actually been hearing more about this class being the last one before they test again.
    The list actually expired a several years ago I can't remember exactly when but are still using the current list. I really hope that is true as I would like the chance to apply this time around.
    Last edited by jtucker1384; 05-29-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Thread Information