+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: St Louis

MembersZone Subscriber

That's good that he's not going to dumb down the test. That last one was already extremely easy in my eyes.(the math and reading) I guess I'll give it another try since it's a new person at this position. I'll probably have to drive from WI though since I can't afford another flight.

Forum Member

If you dare to try again, they are going to "attempt" testing again, or some form. The hang sheet is back up. But there is no indication when the test(s) will be. I assure that if 1300 showed up several months ago, they may be lucky to get half of that.

MembersZone Subscriber

hang sheet?

MembersZone Subscriber

hang sheet?
    Hang sheet is the term used by city employees that another department is accepting applications, and is posted for a certian period of time for people to apply for....a "sheet" of paper "hanging" on the bulletin board announcing an open application period

Maybe not the most precise definition, but you get the pont.

MembersZone Subscriber

so are they going to be taking apps again? or are they just letting the people from last time test. i hope its just the people from last time.

Default apply now

Applications are being taken until 9/21/07

http://stlcin.missouri.org/OnlineJob...?OpeningID=754

MembersZone Subscriber

According to the city website........they are accepting aps again....

http://stlcin.missouri.org/OnlineJob/jobs.cfm

I don't know why they would do this. I would think this would open themselves up to a lot of trouble, but it is in the authority of the Dir. of Personnel to do this.

However....after tomorrow anything could happen. Hang tight fellas, come on back and try again if you are able. We need to be flooded with qualified people to bring the StLFD back to glory, and bump out the bums looking for a free ride.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well at least they stop accepting them in a week already. So I'm sure that most people outside the city won't know. I'm going to try to make the trip again for sure. I really hope this works out after all of this money I'm spending just to have a CHANCE at the job. It will be worth it though. I just made my first interior attack on the nozzle last week. So now I KNOW that this job is for me. haha

Forum Member

Default new test

Hey guys how many of you are going to test this time? I missed out the last time but just sent my app. off a few min. ago. Hey fieldseng2 I talked to FF Owens yesterday while on shift, I think this time I will go through with it, he's been my biggest encouragement to test with you guys. Also have you heard on a test date yet? I know apps are due next Friday.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Any idea?

Any idea if we needed to reapply or not? Any idea when the new test date is or what kind of test it will be? Surley it wont be the same test? Congrats on the fire attack and welcome to the club!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks aneff. I think that letter we got in the mail said that we don't need to reapply. This job isn't really being advertised anyway except for in the city itself. So there probably won't be many new applicants. Those are already due Friday as well. So hopefully the test will be soon.

Forum Member

Hey Fieldseng,

Looks like its time for round 2....ding ding ding

Oh well. Big city or small, public safety and politics go hand in hand.

On another note, glad to hear about the Surprise Air case. Glad the family got something.

Hopefully that bond will go through and you can get some quality SCBA. Scott, if I was on the committee. Who makes your turnouts? If you remember I live in the Alton,IL area and see you guys on the news and in person occasionally but have never asked where you got those turnouts that look like they are from the 80's. Maybe its just me or maybe they get used alot, but they dont look like they are from a quality manufacturer.

And yes, I still have to do a ride along sometime.

A local news station caught the City's personnel director lying about why the entrance exam was thrown out.

http://www.kmov.com/video/topvideo-i...ml?nvid=177280

Forum Member

Can anybody provide an update on the status of the promotions? Did the Chief ever get in trouble? Did he a receive a slap on the hand?

MembersZone Subscriber

Did anyone receive a letter yet about retaking the exam?

MembersZone Subscriber

"ALL COMPANIES STAND BY!!!! ALL COMPANIES STAND BY!!!"

Chief Sherman George has been demoted!!

REPEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chief Sherman George has been demoted!!

Deputy Chief Steven Kotroba has been appointed the interim Chief of Department until the process to select the next permanant CFD takes place.

Chief Kotroba stated on the 5pm news promotions for Captain and Battalion Chief will take place within the week.

I wouldn't disrgard your test from bein thrown out at this point, but I wouldn't rule out it being used as is at this point either.

Stay tuned for updates!

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=1.1.1

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=1.1.1

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...SQjCTCbvh7g%3D

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow, great news. Is there an email that you know of where I could contact either the Director of Personal or the new fire chief directly? I'm sure that they are at least considering using those tests. It cost them a lot of money. As well as the fact that they may lost some great candidates because they can not afford to come test again. The only reason I'm wasting my money to come all the way from Wisconsin again is because the director or personal was fired. This situation with the chief also really helps.

MembersZone Subscriber

I would stand by until the dust settles before contacting them.

Give the new man a chance to unleash his agenda.

He is a good man. He will do everything in his own powers to do the right thing.
    Last edited by fieldseng2; 10-01-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Forum Member

Just glad a good man is leading the department now.

Chief Kotraba is a fair man and is a straight shooter.

Hang tight on questioning anyone about testing. Let Chief Kotraba get these long overdue promotions through and a permanant Chief is named (October 30, 2007), hopefully Chief Kotraba remains as the permanant Chief. If nothing is said by end of October, be patient and wait a little longer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea you guys are right. I'm just getting really impatient right now. I was looking at testing with LAFD, but don't want to spend the money if this all works out. I also just got reciprocity for an EMT license for New York. I was thinking of going out there and working FDNY EMS for a few years, and then try to get on the fire dept. Only problem is I wouldn't want to give up fire for that long. Hopefully everything will work out great in the next few months.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats on your new Batallion Chiefs.

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.as...17&bw=hi&cat=3

Forum Member

Default Bravo!!!!

Congrats on your new Batallion Chiefs.

http://www.ksdk.com/video/default.as...17&bw=hi&cat=3

Congrats to one of our candidates BC Gail Simmons seen in the video. BC Simmons placed 5th on the previous BC test and 2nd on this round of testing.

Nothing counts til you get the badge . . . Nothing!

Captain Bob

MembersZone Subscriber

Default That would suck!

It would suck if all of us talking about STL didnít pass the test, man this thread would be dead. LOL I hope all that did pass and If I was one of the ones that didnít pass no one would ever know LOL. I also wanted to get this thread back to the first page. Good luck and each new day brings even more reason to get out of STL process. I mean wow to have such large dept. and so many problems with race! It seems almost as bad as DC Fire, did every body hear about the two captains going to the meeting in the uniforms and driving dept. cars. Holy crap the demotion has nothing to do with race and everything to do with not following orders, and yes even the chief is held accountable.
    Have a great weekend and stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually,

The only group that makes race out of anything are some of the F.I.R.E. leaders....

Just about everyone in the firehouses get along just fine, those that don't is usually two personalities that don't gel...not one race over the other.....

And when the bell hits...all that crap is out the window and everyone does their job.

It was time for a change.....and it has finally come...eventually even the best chief needs to know when it is time to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information