Thread: Just curious

Forum Member

Default Just curious

If you haven't figured i'm curious of what everybody as. And i know its not a contest who looks better, but still just wondering. So my question is simple, (and it may be posted earlier but i didnt see it) do you have a black turnout set or gold/yellow turnout set? Or, if you have both, which do you perfer?

Forum Member

We are issued Black FDNY style gear......our old gear was a hodge podge of red, white, PBI, Yellow, and black. Luckily, I had some personal gear (long story) and had matching yellow gear that fit me well. Our dept. has light tan gear that is some pretty sweet stuff.

Also, you can't decide which gear you like better totally based on the color. Unless of course, you are asking which color likes one better. I know that my new gear is much better and has more options than my old gear did, but I would still wear the old stuff anytime. I am pretty lucky because my gear fits me as if it was measured for me, but like has been said before, not everyone is as lucky as my post.

Also, I'll be the first to bring up helmets. Our post is issued Morning Pride Ben2s and Ben2Plus(officers). Our department is issued Cairns 1044's with goggles.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

We have a mix of Black and Yellow. How's that one for yah.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

most firefighters here wear yellow, but the station where we keep the gear has both. also we are issued bullard streamline helmets. yellow for regulars, red for cpts and white for chief and assistant chief.

Forum Member

Everybody here, juniors and regulars, wear black gear and are issued Cairns/MSA 1044s. Officers have white coats and white lids, and most of them have leathers it seems like.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

*LOL* Neither around here... Khaki Advance structure gear, yellow Nomex brush gear....and.....

Tactical Tupperware!
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

MembersZone Subscriber

Same as most Californian departments. Yellow with 3M 3" Scotchlite Lime/Yellow Tape. Helmets are Phenix 1500-CA 's.

Thread Information