MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Angry Is There A Serious "DISCONNECT"

With students, schools and parents, or am I just being paranoid? (Ok you dont have to REALLY answer that last part LOL) But something just aint right because this is the 3rd or 4th "like" incident in the past 3 days.

School Threats Sweep Country
    Many Schools Shut Down Since Virginia Tech Killings

POSTED: 3:02 am EDT April 20, 2007

Jeffery Thomas Carney allegedly threatened a school attack in Yuba City, Calif., that he said would dwarf the Virginia Tech attacks, has turned himself in to authorities.

Because of the threat, officials canceled classes and activities for Friday at school districts in Yuba and neighboring Sutter County, as well as at Yuba College.

The Sutter County sheriff said the man told a pastor that he had some sort of explosive device.

There has been a spate of threats since a Virginia Tech student killed 32 people on campus Monday before taking his own life.

A Web designer is accused of posting a bogus threat to kill 50 San Diego State University students.

And a high school student in Federal Way, Wash., was arrested after authorities said he brought three loaded guns and extra ammunition to school.

Scores of schools across the country have been shut down or evacuated since Monday.

Law enforcement officials say at least a dozen people have been arrested or are being investigated for the threats that began only hours after the shootings.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

Frankly, I find these stories very disturbing......
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

It's what happens when kids aren't brought up by their parents but instead a system that doesn't allow right and wrong to be taught but whatever feels right to you.
    I remember after the Jonesboro Ark. shootings when a Memphis radio station had several students over to discuss the aftermath and one kid called in saying"I think they should have shot more teachers"and giggled like it was really funny.
    Some people like pulling on the fire alarm just to watch all the excitement.Some sickos like to call in bomb threats or announce they,too,will be shooting up their school to "beat the record".
    They won't find it all that exciting when they get caught and charged just as if they had started a fire or shot up their school.

Thread Information