Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Cool Whew! that's a relief!

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the grant application 100%!

I had to tune and tweak the narrative a few times and had the Chief proofread it. Being in front of a computer terminal for two days in my office at the "casa del fuego" as well as the 6 or so hours I put in at home in the late night hours, it got to the point where I couldn't recognize errors

All's that's left to do is to submit it.. which will be donewhen I get back from a well needed and deserved vacation!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

congrats! I do not know how brian, kurt and the other gurus here do it. I am only doing 18 and it is about to drive me insane this year. I am working on narrative right now and UUGH is all I got to say. All of them are just as unique as the departments they belong to and it gets tedious after a while. My hats are off to those guys to do so many and through out the year. There is a special place in heaven for them I assure you!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfscd6 View Post
    congrats! I do not know how brian, kurt and the other gurus here do it. I am only doing 18 and it is about to drive me insane this year. I am working on narrative right now and UUGH is all I got to say. All of them are just as unique as the departments they belong to and it gets tedious after a while. My hats are off to those guys to do so many and through out the year. There is a special place in heaven for them I assure you!
    Thanks. My wife is ready to divorce me again, as she beocmes a grnat widow this time each year and says it is worsew than my hunting trips but, it pay the bills and she does not seem to mind goign to the mail box as much anymore. I willo be glad to hit deadline though. I think I am at about 160 apps now and have been working for 20 days straight with no break and about 4:00AM till 8:00PM everyday. You gottta love it or it will kill ya, that's for sure. Plus CEDAP is also open as well so it never ends.
    So many departments, so little time!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

At least yours is threatening to divorce you now. Mine is going to wait until after payday and claim neglect.

I've been on 7am-2am since March 12th. Last count 502 with 12 more new ones on the desk and a bigger pile of promises. 128 submitted, 129 on deck, about to send 30 more out for review/approval. I could sell my story to Folgers and V8. I've lost 14lbs since coming off the trail. Amazing what happens when you stop eating takeout & drive-thru.

Thread Information