Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default FDNY Reinstatement question

A friend of mine was scheduled to be in the Nov. Class. He took his name off the list 2 weeks before the class started and has just reinstated his name for the next one in August. Anybody know what the process is? Does he have to take the physical or medical again (he took it last August)? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE View Post
    A friend of mine was scheduled to be in the Nov. Class. He took his name off the list 2 weeks before the class started and has just reinstated his name for the next one in August. Anybody know what the process is? Does he have to take the physical or medical again (he took it last August)? Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Did he defer the class or take his name off completely? If he took it off the hiring list completely then I think he is out of luck.Now if he defered then thats a different story. Taking your name off the list is like saying anyone on the list could quit and come back when their ready. That does not make much sense does it? If he deferd then he has an investigator and i'm sure he will tell him what he needs to do. Remember every person that quits or withdraws their name from the list causes the city to get another person ready to go. I don't think their into the game playing of i want on the list, no I want off the list, wait I want on the list again. The job is to competative for games like that.
    Last edited by kingofdahill; 04-21-2007 at 08:11 AM.

Forum Member

Why would he flip flop and change his mind?

Sounds odd to me. Tell him to call his investigator.

Good luck.

Forum Member

He's not playing games, I know it can be done, he is on the job already and has some personal things that had to be taken care of first. Want to see if anyone else has done it or knows of someone who has. I think you take your name off the list then put it back on. Anyways, he did that, just want to find out if he needs the medical and psych again. I believe you are allowed to do it once.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE View Post
    He's not playing games, I know it can be done, he is on the job already and has some personal things that had to be taken care of first. Want to see if anyone else has done it or knows of someone who has. I think you take your name off the list then put it back on. Anyways, he did that, just want to find out if he needs the medical and psych again. I believe you are allowed to do it once.
    I never said he was playing games only that I doubt the city is into playing games.Why would they be? there are more then enough people willing to take the job. He has an investigator I think I would listen to what he has to say before someone on a public forum but I will tell you what I heard. I hear medicals are only good for 1 year. Psych may still be good. I believe it asked that if you took a psych exam before for the fdny then you needed to call a certain #. I think it was within 2 years or so.This info would be found on the paperwork the CID sent him last year for the psych exam. I would trust he is in close contact with his investigator.
    Last edited by kingofdahill; 04-23-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information