Thread: New FWD

Forum Member

Default New FWD

Seagrave introduces the FWD Intruder. Entry level custom. Offered in 2X4, 4X4. Safety Cage Aluminum Cab like the Attacker with raised roof options. 1500 gpm pump, 750, 1000, 1250 booster tanks. Aluminum or Ploy bodies.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Member

Thumbs up

It is good to see that the Seagrave Fire Apparatus LLC has come up with a entry level lower priced pumper. From the photos it looks like the new apparatus is built on a Seagrave Attacker chassis cab ?

Forum Member

was at the conference.....looked similiar to hme cab in person........ nothing like the real deal made by seagrave though.......

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Quint23 View Post
    Seagrave introduces the FWD Intruder. Entry level custom. Offered in 2X4, 4X4. Safety Cage Aluminum Cab like the Attacker with raised roof options. 1500 gpm pump, 750, 1000, 1250 booster tanks. Aluminum or Ploy bodies.
    Do you have more apparatus pics from the FDIC ?
    The Pierce, ALF, displays etc............
    Thanks

Forum Member

Smile

Made just like the Attacker safety cage cab ( Different grill), full-tilt. Two raised roof options 10'' (69" inside) & 20" (79" inside), Linex interior ( NO PLASTIC).

Pump--- 1500 gpm, Foam systems available, Stainless piping, 2.5"/3''/6'' inlets, 1.5''/2.5''/3''/LDH discharges

Engine--- up to at least 400 hp

EX 225 17" disk brakes

Compartments- ROM ( option ) doors, adj. alum. shelves, roll-out & drop down trays, full-depth comp., Hyd ladder rack (option)

Hyd generator ( option )

Made in Clintonville!!! By the same union people that make the Attacker and Marauder II!!!

More options will be coming soon!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFDENG51CAPT View Post
    was at the conference.....looked similiar to hme cab in person........ nothing like the real deal made by seagrave though.......
    Feel under the front lip of the cab. I did and it is NO HME!!!!!!

IT IS SEAGRAVE BUILT!!!! DO I NEED TO SAY MORE!!!!!

Forum Member

That truck doesn't look half bad!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

i never said it was an hme i said it looked like a hme......not implying that it was built by hme......def did not look like the seagrave i am used to but i see the market that they are trying to gain....

Forum Member

This Demo has the 1000 gallon booster tank, with 20 gallons of foam

Forum Member

Default Intruder

6 person aluminum cab
    Dt570 330 hp engine
    Allison EVS 3000
    14,500 front axle
    1000 gallon water
    qmax 1500 gpm pump
    foam system 20 gallon tank
    $243,000

Forum Member

Its not a bad entry level appliance, gives those with less money another option other than a commercial appliance, for interest, have they mentioned a price range for this vehicle ?

Forum Member

The cab is built by Cincinnati Truck cab, hence the similar look to the HME. Per the Seagrave dude.

Forum Member

The cab is made in Clintonville. Everthing is made by Seagrave but the frame and running gear. Listen people this is a Seagrave engineered/built and serviced truck. It is a limited option truck for the tight budgeted departments.

This Demo was listed at $243,000 with an International 330 hp engine. Additional options are available, along with up to 400 hp engines.

NO !!!!!!!! Cincinnati Truck cab here or third party built.

SEAGRAVE QUALITY BY SEAGRAVE PEOPLE !!!!!!!

Forum Member

Smile To:Quint23

Quote Originally Posted by Quint23 View Post
    The cab is made in Clintonville. Everthing is made by Seagrave but the frame and running gear. Listen people this is a Seagrave engineered/built and serviced truck. It is a limited option truck for the tight budgeted departments.

This Demo was listed at $243,000 with an International 330 hp engine. Additional options are available, along with up to 400 hp engines.

NO !!!!!!!! Cincinnati Truck cab here or third party built.

SEAGRAVE QUALITY BY SEAGRAVE PEOPLE !!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting all the photos and information on the new FWD pumper!...The new apparatus must be a replacement for the " FLAME " series that was built and sold buy Seagrave a few years ago, and was also sold to Rosenbauer !...
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 06-17-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Forum Member

I stand corrected, I'll jack local Seagrave rep.

Forum Member

Thanks for the price, with the US dollar vs Australian (currently 83c to 1 Aus dollar) that would make it $291,000 not a bad deal if you ask me, considering we paid $330,000 for a japanese based rig recently. Not sure what compliance issue's there would be, but yeah, not bad. I hope it works for them.

Forum Member

Default Question

Quint23, you seem to know quite a bit about this new Seagrave product so maybe you can answer this question. You mention that the frame and running gear is not built in Clintonville. That the truck is powered by an IH 330 engine. Would the frame and running gear, i.e. axles, engine, frame crossmembers, air system and other chassis items be a International chassis that Seagrave is mounting their cab, pump and body on? Don't see a lot if IH engines used in custom cabs so just wondering if maybe that platform is being bought rather than built.

Thanks.

Forum Member

Post To: Tomwnh

From looking at the photos, it would seem that the new chassis cab is a " ATTACKER " with the new FWD grill and fire body ?The photo below is a Attacker chassis pumper!
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 05-08-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomwnh View Post
    Quint23, you seem to know quite a bit about this new Seagrave product so maybe you can answer this question. You mention that the frame and running gear is not built in Clintonville. That the truck is powered by an IH 330 engine. Would the frame and running gear, i.e. axles, engine, frame crossmembers, air system and other chassis items be a International chassis that Seagrave is mounting their cab, pump and body on? Don't see a lot if IH engines used in custom cabs so just wondering if maybe that platform is being bought rather than built.

Thanks.
    The chassis is an International supplied product. It can be optioned with a IH or Cummins engine up to 400+ hp. 2X4, 4X4 will be offered and I believe 6X6, but I am not 100% sure if that will be available.

All other components are made by Seagrave in Clintonville. It is built with an Attacker cab and FWD body. I do not know what other bodies will be offered, but I will bet they will offer others. There will be a list of options I am told that a department can pick from.

Forum Member

Default That sounds familiar!

Didn't KME offer this in the 90's. I believe they called their IH a "Falcon".

Forum Member

Default Fwd

Does anyone know if, since they branded it as a FWD, are they going to release it for other manufaturers to build on ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by boog8591 View Post
    Does anyone know if, since they branded it as a FWD, are they going to release it for other manufaturers to build on ?
    From what I understand no.

Forum Member

Seagrave has come up with a nice looking program pumper at a very good price, starting at $ 243,000 , To bad it was not on the market two years ago when we took delivery of our KME Extreme custom pumper for $ 270,000 !
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 05-08-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by buckdog View Post
    The cab is built by Cincinnati Truck cab, hence the similar look to the HME. Per the Seagrave dude.
    I may be missing something but how does the seagrave cab look like an HME?

dazed and confused

The vertical, square, boxy cab is reminiscent of HME's (above), along with the grille.
    Last edited by Resq14; 04-27-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Thread Information