Forum Member

Default Practice Tests For IFSTA Testing?

About to take FF1 and FF2 IFSTA tests to get certified. Does anyone know of any good practice tests online?

MembersZone Subscriber

Why don't you read your book and Study. Most of the firefighters who are certified put in the time read the book. You are not going to learn anything if you have the test. All the answers are in the book. IFSTA is where we all got our start, If you read the book and absorb it you will be on the first page in the firefighters playbook. the rest you will learn with years on the JOB. good luck and study hard.
    Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
    This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
    Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by plisken View Post
    Why don't you read your book and Study. Most of the firefighters who are certified put in the time read the book. You are not going to learn anything if you have the test. All the answers are in the book. IFSTA is where we all got our start, If you read the book and absorb it you will be on the first page in the firefighters playbook. the rest you will learn with years on the JOB. good luck and study hard.
    Ummm, okay?

I believe that he is asking for tests to gauge his knowledge and find out what he needs to brush up on before his tests. So he will learn what he doesn't know.......isn't that the best thing to learn.

Let's see, the SAT review book I've got in my room has 5 practice tests in it, my AP Psychology review book has 3 practice tests...........so should I be ashamed of myself for not learning enough from the book over the course of the year? I think not.

I think someone needs to take a chill pill.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

No most Certified Tests are kept secret by the Agency Proctoring them. They are opened, Taken and sealed back up to keep the integrety of the test. Your instructors have not scene the test that is why they can not teach the test. Most state certifications follow the NFPA requirements And if you were a firefighter instead of trying to pass yourself off as one you would know The requirements of NFPA. You are not Going to learn the basics if you only know what is no the test. If you read the book you will not have a problem with the test. Just put in your time, If it has meaning to you their should be nothing stopping you. Most guys want to take the easy road, Firefighting is not the easy road.

Forum Member

No most Certified Tests are kept secret by the Agency Proctoring them. They are opened, Taken and sealed back up to keep the integrety of the test. Your instructors have not scene the test that is why they can not teach the test. Most state certifications follow the NFPA requirements And if you were a firefighter instead of trying to pass yourself off as one you would know The requirements of NFPA. You are not Going to learn the basics if you only know what is no the test. If you read the book you will not have a problem with the test. Just put in your time, If it has meaning to you their should be nothing stopping you. Most guys want to take the easy road, Firefighting is not the easy road.
    He's not trying to learn by taking the test! He wants to gauge his knowledge....cut the man some slack. Are you telling me that you have never taken a single PRACTICE test in your life.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Its not about taking pratice tests. Check on line for Pratice tests, There have numerous threads asking for test information. The best information is in the book. If you study and do the work books you will do ok. If you blow off the homework, reading then you will fail. If you want it bad enough you will do the homework.

Forum Member

Its not about taking pratice tests. Check on line for Pratice tests, There have numerous threads asking for test information. The best information is in the book. If you study and do the work books you will do ok. If you blow off the homework, reading then you will fail. If you want it bad enough you will do the homework.
    What was confusing about the subject line "Practice Tests For IFSTA Testing?"

'Cause, silly me, I was pretty sure it was a question about practice tests for IFSTA testing. But apparently it is a cryptic way of asking for the actual tests. OoooooKaaaaY.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can understand why you want him to study, read the book and all. But I also agree 100% with RFRDxplorer and randsc. He is looking to practice which goes along with studying. I am teaching FF1 and there are two (2) practice test (Both different) the students can take at the end of the course. This is used as an aid to see what areas the student maybe weak in before taking the final test. So lets see if we can help him find the answer to his question.

FLFighter if you will do a search and look there is some where in these forums (I remember seeing it) you will find a site that lead to a study site for FF1 and different classes. Good Luck...

T.J.

Forum Member

Wow! Imagine that...more bickering. If you kids can't play nice here you're going to have to pick up your things and go home.

Now, for practicing for the FF1 and FF2 there is a CD available from IFSTA http://www.ifsta.org/html/catalog/37...177421925.2056 that has practice tests for both 1&2 that will let you know how your book knowledge is before you get to the exam. I just finished mine and the CD's were a HUGE help. Other than that, practice your manipulative stuff and check with your proctor ahead of time if possible to know what you can expect.

Good luck to you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Thanks RESERVFORNOW. I knew someone would step up to the plate and help.

T.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Its just my opinion. But, I think you should get some dirt under your nails as a FF1 before taking/testing for FF2. Some of the FF2 "stuff", is a bit advanced for a "newbie".
    Are you just taking the tests? Or have you actually taken the course(s)?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

I was hoping to find those IFSTA tests from the CD on the internet (or something similar), I did read the book (over my 10 week course at the Florida State Fire College), tested on all chapters (some of them twice for FF1 & FF2), and had LOTS of field time. Some of my classmates had access to the CD, it contained 2000 questions from throughout the book, unfortunately i did not get through all 2000 I only hit about 200. I agree that reading the book, studying, and doing the workbook (homework) is the best way to learn but it is difficult to absorb and retain all 600 pages of the IFSTA book in such a short time. I managed to pass with an 86. Thanks for the replies about the CD hopefully this will help the next person asking the same question.

Forum Member

Dirty little secret of IFSTA Essentials and the FF1 test:

The stuff IFSTA considers really important, they tend to illustrate with photos or charts/graphs/graphics. You can learn what you need to answer about 3/4 of the questions just by reading the charts and captions.

cgerdes97
    Firehouse.com Guest

USAF (AFCESA) policy is to study the material, take 4 "practice" tests, then take the EOC (End-of-Course) test. On completion of that, move on up to the practical evaluation. That goes from FFI all the way up to FOIV. Point is that practice tests are a good idea to measure your aptitude in that subject before taking the one that counts. We have to score at least an 80% before they order the EOC. It's all IFSTA curriculum. My 2 cents...

cgerdes97
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by randsc View Post
    Dirty little secret of IFSTA Essentials and the FF1 test:

The stuff IFSTA considers really important, they tend to illustrate with photos or charts/graphs/graphics. You can learn what you need to answer about 3/4 of the questions just by reading the charts and captions.
    Touché! I remember that being a point from the instructors...

Thread Information