Thread: hello everyone

Forum Member

Default hello everyone

hello all i have been selected to take an exam to get and interview for a fire recruit positon could anyone give me some pointers of what this test may consist of i have been told i need to purchase but the place im supposed to get it from are out and also does anyone know if i purchase a study guide in another will they be the same thanks in advance.
    Rocky

Forum Member

Default lol

lol i guess no one knows

Forum Member

It would probably help to know where you are testing. I assume you are referring to a civil service exam. If so, I would guess Nashville FD since they recently began accepting applications. They have not done so for fire recruit in over a year.

If the test is the same as it was when I took it close to 10 years ago, it isn't that bad. The written test was general reading comp, math, logic, etc. The agility test can test your strength. Aside from climbing an 80 ft aerial, I remember hitting a tire with a sledge hammer, a dummy drag, and dead weight carry.

Forum Member

Default thank you

thank you for your reply the test is at the nashville fire academy and it is for the fire recruit positon at nashville im very passionate about getting started in a fire and rescue career and i thank you very much for all the info and advice you have given and can give me
    Rocky

MembersZone Subscriber

Default More info.

Try to obtain the civil service study manual (you can buy one at most any book store). Cover the material in this manual and you'll be good to go on the written. I highly recommend this. The hardest part of our physical agility is leg strength/indurance. This test really wears on them with the ladder climb and 185lb. dummy drag. The stations that test upper body are not that bad. Study hard and make every point possible on the physical, there have been a ton of applicants and you'll need them. Good luck!!

Forum Member

Default Thank you

Thank you very much for your reply this has been a dream all my life to be a firefighter but ive never been able to go back to school to get any kind of training because I have been putting my wife through school to be an RN so this pos. opening up is a real blessing hopefully everything works out ok and i really appriciate anymore info or advice you can give me thanks again
    Rocky

Thread Information