MembersZone Subscriber

Default Charter Oak State College

After kicking around a couple of schools, I have choose to go with COSC. I am going to do the Fire Service Administration Curriculm. My question is does any on know where I kind find or what they will accept for the following courses:
    1. Fire Codes & Standards (I have taken Fire Inspection Principles through NFA Ace Reviewed for 3 hours at B.S. level)
    2. Fire Detection Systems (I have taken Structures and Systems through NFA Ace Reviewed for 3 hours at B.S. level)
    3. Emergency Incident Management
    4. Safety Organization and Mgt or Occupational Health and Safety

Any help would be greatly appreciated! The reason I ask is before I declare my major, I want to make sure I can get all the classes. These four are not offered at COSC and have to be transferred in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMarshal105 View Post
    After kicking around a couple of schools, I have choose to go with COSC. I am going to do the Fire Service Administration Curriculm. My question is does any on know where I kind find or what they will accept for the following courses:
    My experience with COSC is that they will generally accept any ACE acceditted course at equal credit value although I wouldn't count on them accepting them as anything but elective credits.

Courses taken at other accredited colleges can usually be transferrred and, depending on course evaluations, accepted at either the lower or upper division level for inclusion in your degree program.

You probably won't get a firm answer about transfer credits until your official transcripts are reviewed but your advisor should be able to give you a pretty fair answer on transferability up front.

Have you already applied to the college? If so that should be enough to get you hooked up with a degree advisor. I don't recall needing to actually declare a major up front just to to get accepted into the program.

COSC Class of '93
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default My experience

I completed my course work for COSC this past January and it is rather easy if you get a good advisor. The accepted my Fire Officer, Fire Instructor etc certifications along with college credits. My degree is in Individualized Studies based on my certifications and background.

Thread Information