MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ferno Power Cots

This thread is a blast on Ferno and their poor customer service in relation to their OVER-PRICED POS power lift cots. The term POWER LIFT refers to the action that is to be taken by the medics when the cots break down and you have to lift the 120lb cot and the 450lb patient against the poor construction of the manual release on the cot. This thing is for saving back injuries? I can see that it will cause more because the poor mechanics of the charging system. Its a good idea but just hasnt been thought out for the emergency services that it is being sold to. Having to hold your foot on the cot while transporting a Pt. because it will not lock into the holder and still treat a Pt. is ridiculous. Our service has three of these $10,000 paper weights and has had dozens of service calls on these cots since November. Always given some new excuse by Ferno these cots have been nothing but a huge pain in the arss. New battery packs,switches,mounts, etc...... it seems to never end.
    The statment of " These cots where not designed for the call volume of your service." did not sit well with us. I'm sure the sales person accidentally forgot to leave that little nugget of information out during his sales pitch. Give me a freaking LSB anyday. If your service is looking at these cots....STOP! If your dead set on buying one of these gems contact me we have three for sale!

Forum Member

Our department tested two of them and had no problems. I doubt we will be getting them due to the price, but everyone here liked them. In fact, I heard a few special calls go out requesting a ubit with a power cot.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

post deleted for now
    Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

MembersZone Subscriber

same jagoff started like 5 duplicate threads in the EMS section

Thread Information