MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Question Pass Me The Glue.

Cuz I think it might be the only way to understand the rationale behind this one.

Hike In Gas Tax Proposed To Ease County Traffic. One At-Large Councilmember Agrees

POSTED: 8:53 am EDT April 25, 2007

ROCKVILLE, Md. -- Montgomery County's top planner said the only solutions to easing traffic congestion in the county might require a big gasoline tax or substantially limiting parking in new developments.

Planning Board Chairman Royce Hanson stopped short of endorsing any of those ideas, but he said simply changing housing formulas might not make a dent in traffic congestion and school crowding.

Video: Watch The Report

The County Council could make changes to its growth policy this year after rejecting a temporary moratorium on growth in January.

At-Large Democratic Council member Marc Elrich said he agrees with Hanson's assessment.

Most council members have said that the county needs to allow new housing and revitalize older neighborhoods while limiting the impact on roads, schools and other county services.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

These guys must be smoking some good *****.

Our population is growing, more buildings, more people, more cars. How difficult is that to understand?

What amount of tax do they propose? Gas has already increased by more than 100% in the past few years so for crying out loud, what do they propose?

And what are they going to spend the money on? And when will these two be the first in line to give up their own cars before they ask someone else to do so?

And what are they going to do to make it more affordable for people live near Rockville so they do not have to commute an hour plus one way to have a place to live?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

We had a county magistrate here questioning the arresting of criminals because the jail was getting to costly to run. That guy is an

I
    D
    T

MembersZone Subscriber

Its quite simple. If you start passing idiotic fuzzy-logic laws then nobody will want to live, or travel near, your county ergo your over development problems are solved.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Thread Information