MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Unhappy What Would George Say?

This is a serious story and a very serious topic, but when I watched the news report last night. In light of some earlier discussion, my title question kept running through my mind....

Takoma Police Investigate Rash Of Armed Robberies

POSTED: 10:09 pm EDT April 25, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:06 pm EDT April 25, 2007

TAKOMA PARK, Md. -- Police are investigating a rash of strong-arm robberies that were reported Tuesday evening in the 7300 block of New Hampshire Avenue in Takoma Park.

In the first attack, investigators said a group of four or five teenage boys attacked two Silver Spring residents as they were walking along the sidewalk.

The victims were kicked and punched as the juveniles searched their pockets for money.

One of the victims was transported to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries and released.

The second and third attacks took place later on Tuesday night, police said. Officials responded to the calls, one in the 100 block of Philadelphia Avenue and the second in the 7600 block of Piney Branch Road.

Police said in the second robbery, two teenage boys beat a Takoma Park resident and stole items from his pockets.

In the third incident, investigators said two similarly described teenage boys approached a Silver Spring resident and stole items from his pockets after assaulting him.

The boys fled East on Grant Avenue on foot, police said.

The first boy is described as a Hispanic male 5 feet 6 inches tall, around 16 years old. He is of a heavy build and was last seen wearing a tan shirt and dark shorts.

The second boy is described as a 16-year-old black male. Police said the victims could not describe his height, build or clothing.

Investigators said they believe that the rash of recent robberies was committed by two separate groups and are not connected with each other.

Investigators also said they believe the second set of robberies were committed by the same boys.

"In response to these recent robberies, additional plain-clothes and uniformed patrols will be placed in the affected areas," Takoma Park Police Chief Ronald Ricucci said.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d...ry.f5a8db7.html

By BOB GREENE / WFAA-TV

A store clerk fatally shot a man after he said he was forced to make a split second decision when two men walked into the shop armed and ready to take some money.

The 23-year-old clerk, known as "AJ," was working alone in the Fabulous Urban and Sports Wear when he told police two suspects, Michael Walker and Andrew Fobbs, came into the store carrying Tec-9s shortly before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

AJ, who is also the store owner's nephew, told police that before he saw the gun, the two men looked like ordinary shoppers.

"The clerk had his weapon and subsequently shot one of the suspects after a struggle over the weapons," said Chief David Miller, Forest Hill Police Department.

Walker died at the scene and the clerk held Fobbs at gunpoint until police arrived.

"It's sad to hear that because I was just on my way up here to get some shoes," said Kemonte Jenkins, who used to work at the store. "... I don't know why anybody would try to rob these people. Man they're cool."

The owner said the incident was the fifth time the store has been robbed since he opened it after moving to North Texas after Hurricane Katrina.

The Tec-9s were weapons police said they haven't seen used in Forest Hill in more than six years.

The store owner and his nephew said they hated the fact that a life was lost, but felt AJ needed to protect himself.

Forum Member

I'm still looking for the part about armed robberies.

I don't see mention of any weapons at all.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Truckie

Go to LiveLeak and you can see the video-and one of the weapons.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

....center of mass.....

...squeeze.....

(repeat as needed)

...reload...
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Ladder8 View Post
    ....center of mass.....

...squeeze.....

(repeat as needed)

...reload...
    Now enquiring minds MUST ASK: "Why would you want to squeeze the center of mass"? Much less repeat or reload it as necessary.....
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

Couple years ago,I got hurt when two guys came into the store I worked in,scooped up a double armload of cigarettes each and started for the door.When I went out to chase them and get a description,one of them kicked me in the face so I was reaching in through the back window to grab a hank of his hair for a souvenir when they took off.I grabbed hold of the B pillar post and by the time we got out of the parking lot,I'd thought "This is NOT the smartest thing I've ever done." and "If I get hurt,I ain't gonna be the only one.".So I started trying to open a lock bladed knife,intending to shank the passenger,when they pulled across the street into a hotel parking lot and slowed down.I figured that was my best chance to part ways so I dropped the knife, and let go of the window and thought "Tuck and roll,Grandma!".
    They kept on going as I tumbled and got scraped up on my head,right arm and shoulder.
    Later as I was describing their vehicle and the two of them best as I could(Unknown foreign make SUV,dark,possibly blue with drive out tags,two white males with numerous tattoos on arms and necks,beer and cigarettes-by brand name-in the back seat)the detectives got a call that two men matching the earliest description I'd given had been arrested in Metropolis Illinois across the river.
    They'd been selling beer and cigarettes less than two blocks from the police station.
    Everyone I've told this tale to calls it a toss up as to who's dumber:them for selling stolen good out of a stolen vehicle two blocks away from the police station,thinking that Illinois cops don't monitor Kentucky police channels for a heads up,or me for riding across 5 o'clock traffic.
    I think it was them.I wasn't going around robbing people that day.I just helped get them caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladder8 View Post
    ....center of mass.....
    ...squeeze.....
    (repeat as needed)
    ...reload...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redneckemt View Post
    I'm still looking for the part about armed robberies.

I don't see mention of any weapons at all.
    The 23-year-old clerk, known as "AJ," was working alone in the Fabulous Urban and Sports Wear when he told police two suspects, Michael Walker and Andrew Fobbs, came into the store carrying Tec-9s shortly before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Ummm.... duh?
    Last edited by emt161; 04-29-2007 at 03:02 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Couple years ago,I got hurt when two guys came into the store I worked in,scooped up a double armload of cigarettes each and started for the door.When I went out to chase them and get a description,one of them kicked me in the face so I was reaching in through the back window to grab a hank of his hair for a souvenir when they took off.I grabbed hold of the B pillar post and by the time we got out of the parking lot,I'd thought "This is NOT the smartest thing I've ever done." and "If I get hurt,I ain't gonna be the only one.".So I started trying to open a lock bladed knife,intending to shank the passenger,when they pulled across the street into a hotel parking lot and slowed down.I figured that was my best chance to part ways so I dropped the knife, and let go of the window and thought "Tuck and roll,Grandma!".
    They kept on going as I tumbled and got scraped up on my head,right arm and shoulder.
    Later as I was describing their vehicle and the two of them best as I could(Unknown foreign make SUV,dark,possibly blue with drive out tags,two white males with numerous tattoos on arms and necks,beer and cigarettes-by brand name-in the back seat)the detectives got a call that two men matching the earliest description I'd given had been arrested in Metropolis Illinois across the river.
    They'd been selling beer and cigarettes less than two blocks from the police station.
    Everyone I've told this tale to calls it a toss up as to who's dumber:them for selling stolen good out of a stolen vehicle two blocks away from the police station,thinking that Illinois cops don't monitor Kentucky police channels for a heads up,or me for riding across 5 o'clock traffic.
    I think it was them.I wasn't going around robbing people that day.I just helped get them caught.
    As I recall, the last time you told this tale of complete idiocy, it was not a "toss up". Most people thought what you had done was stupid. They were cigarettes and beer. They weren't kidnapping children.

Do you know why there are so many bank robberies? Because the bad guys know that the bank tellers are trained to let them have as much money as they want. The goal is to not let anyone get hurt. If that is a good (and I believe it is) philosophy for a bank, it is a good philosophy for a Stop and Rob.

BTW: I do not know what the point of this thread is, except to bait me into an argument.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    This is a serious story and a very serious topic, but when I watched the news report last night. In light of some earlier discussion, my title question kept running through my mind....

Takoma Police Investigate Rash Of Armed Robberies

POSTED: 10:09 pm EDT April 25, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:06 pm EDT April 25, 2007

TAKOMA PARK, Md. -- Police are investigating a rash of strong-arm robberies that were reported Tuesday evening in the 7300 block of New Hampshire Avenue in Takoma Park.

In the first attack, investigators said a group of four or five teenage boys attacked two Silver Spring residents as they were walking along the sidewalk.

The victims were kicked and punched as the juveniles searched their pockets for money.

One of the victims was transported to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries and released.

The second and third attacks took place later on Tuesday night, police said. Officials responded to the calls, one in the 100 block of Philadelphia Avenue and the second in the 7600 block of Piney Branch Road.

Police said in the second robbery, two teenage boys beat a Takoma Park resident and stole items from his pockets.

In the third incident, investigators said two similarly described teenage boys approached a Silver Spring resident and stole items from his pockets after assaulting him.

The boys fled East on Grant Avenue on foot, police said.

The first boy is described as a Hispanic male 5 feet 6 inches tall, around 16 years old. He is of a heavy build and was last seen wearing a tan shirt and dark shorts.

The second boy is described as a 16-year-old black male. Police said the victims could not describe his height, build or clothing.

Investigators said they believe that the rash of recent robberies was committed by two separate groups and are not connected with each other.

Investigators also said they believe the second set of robberies were committed by the same boys.

"In response to these recent robberies, additional plain-clothes and uniformed patrols will be placed in the affected areas," Takoma Park Police Chief Ronald Ricucci said.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.

Where in this post is there anything about armed robbery???

WHERE?

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post

Ummm.... duh?

This was someone else's post. DUH!!! If I had been talking about this post I would have quoted it.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

"BTW: I do not know what the point of this thread is, except to bait me into an argument."

Hah ha ha ha ha....as if anyone has to bait you....

Forum Member

This was someone else's post. DUH!!! If I had been talking about this post I would have quoted it.
    I didn't realize the people on your planet are all mind readers. My bad.

Most people use the quote function so people know what they're talking about.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    BTW: I do not know what the point of this thread is, except to bait me into an argument.

No. Actually the title was meant more as a bit of humour George. You and I have hashed the topic you think I was referring to (and actually that was my reference) but we, I think have come to the understanding that we will always have differing opinions of that particular subject. However, there was a serious note to the title as well, and actually the intent was not to "bait" you so much as engage your professional opinion to this particular event.

Thread Information