Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Prince George County MD

I need a little help.I was wondering how this department is?The moral of the department and how is the hiring process? is it pretty quick?I was considering taking montgomery county and this one any advice on these?From what i heard montgomery is a good department and has a pretty quick hiring process.Thanks for your guys help.

MembersZone Subscriber

I volunteer in PG and I think its a pretty good county to work for. The hiring process will probably be cookie cutter: personal history statement, written, physical, maybe a poly or psyche.

As a rookie you may get day work (mon-fri) 7 am - 3 pm or could get lucky and get 24/72.

Good luck.

Forum Member

There is another thread a little further down with some good info.

Forum Member

I can't find out much regarding PGFD either. Other than tons of Vollie vs. Career fighting (at least on the surface). I am trying to find out more also. I got to MoCo's orals and have not heard anything since. Just got to keep applying and testing I guess.

Forum Member

written, blue blook distribution, call backs for investigation, then medical/physical.

all in all, from test to class, 7 months (if you get hired into the first class off the list).

supposedly 2 classes/year, for the next 3 years. but they have run into huge money issues.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pg

Has anyone got the call for the bluebook?

Forum Member

Are you able to put in for 24's in PG or is it luck of the draw for daylight? Also, do they still plan to hire 2 classes/yr for the next 3 with the new financial problems?

Forum Member

From what i have been told, a class should start in july. They usually hold classes starting in May and October. However the past class was pushed back for the new fiscal year....july.

If you get the call to pick up your blue book (about a month after the written test) you are on the right track. About a month after receiving your blue book you will be contacted by an investigator to bring it in. They will process your information and it usually takes another month. If your history passes the investigation, you will move onto the psych eval.... a 200 question written exam and a 5-10 min talk with the psych guy. Then you will go for your interview consisting of a random panel board. You then go for your medical exam. The final part is the physical agility test (modified FF challenge). About a month before the class starts.

I know it seems like a lot of stuff. But it is worth it. PG in my opinion, has a better retirement/benefit package compared to most of the departments in the DC/Balt. region.

Good luck to you all and TowerLADDER57

Forum Member

One last thing. I heard they were only taking the top 150 from the written. That number will significantly drop after the background invest......

Thread Information