Forum Member

Default Circuit City Contest

Just saw a story about a father who submitted a letter to nominate a Dept in Upstate New York who responded to a water incident involving his son.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=6439028

Looking at the link below, each vote would mean a $1 for one of the 10 departments nominated. Take a minute and this could help one of them out.

http://web.firedog.com/acrossamerica/

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

Many of them departments went well above and beyond. Personally voted for finalist #2. Being supportive in that nature of that child for two years is amazing! Congrads to all departments nominated in this content! You show why we are all here!

Forum Member

Circuit City can kiss my ***, after what they did to thousands of loyal employees. Hey FF3419, a friend of my wife, who lives in Bethlehem, was recently laid off from the Whitehall store, after being there for 10 years. Why? She was guilty of making too much money, and actually had the audacity to use her health bennies for herself and her daughter. She was replaced by 2 minimum-wage robots (2 that work PT so they dont have to pay bennies.....) that will be lucky if they do half the work she did in an 8 hour day.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

I agree with you, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Circuit City can kiss my ***, after what they did to thousands of loyal employees. Hey FF3419, a friend of my wife, who lives in Bethlehem, was recently laid off from the Whitehall store, after being there for 10 years. Why? She was guilty of making too much money
    If she made money from commissions, that means the company made a crapload of money, too. The CEO got a bonus while driving the company into it's present death spiral...

and actually had the audacity to use her health bennies for herself and her daughter.
    Bennies I am sure she had to pay a portion of... while the "suits" in corporate get theirs for free...

She was replaced by 2 minimum-wage robots (2 that work PT so they dont have to pay bennies.....) that will be lucky if they do half the work she did in an 8 hour day.
    Who won't know a damn thing about what they sell...
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 04-30-2007 at 10:36 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Circuit City can kiss my ***, after what they did to thousands of loyal employees. Hey FF3419, a friend of my wife, who lives in Bethlehem, was recently laid off from the Whitehall store, after being there for 10 years. Why? She was guilty of making too much money, and actually had the audacity to use her health bennies for herself and her daughter. She was replaced by 2 minimum-wage robots (2 that work PT so they dont have to pay bennies.....) that will be lucky if they do half the work she did in an 8 hour day.
    I agree with that is a raw deal. I work for a company that is not what it used to be when it comes to treating their employees well. We are lucky to get a raise at all, usually well below cost of living increases but the CEO gets 18 Million in salary, benefits and bonus....

Our insurances, taxes and gas etc all go up every year but we did not do well enough to hit some unknown goal... but the executives always make their goals... go figure they control them.

I did not post this to do anything but make more people aware of the possibility of the 10 departments getting money.

If more people vote, they are "suppose" to give the money out to the departments.... instead of the CEO as a bonus for who knows what.

Thread Information